Check your account email address ×

new cat big bore ...

10 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Where's the 656?

Also, people on FB were adamant that 858 would be 175-180hp because they said the ctec 800 was 160 HP and 11% more puts it in that area.  So I'm not sure who to believe here.........................

:pc:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, krom said:

:pc:

ZR7000?????

If I was my old troll self I'd be planting so many seeds on FB and watching them blossom into full on rampant rumors.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, mnstang said:

ZR7000?????

If I was my old troll self I'd be planting so many seeds on FB and watching them blossom into full on rampant rumors.

Start touting 6 farty. I guess if you do the math with a the 858 stroke and the current 600 bore it comes out to 640 some cc. 

46 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Start touting 6 farty. I guess if you do the math with a the 858 stroke and the current 600 bore it comes out to 640 some cc. 

On 9/11/2023 at 10:22 AM, krom said:

If anyone cares, the new bottom end (75.6 mm stroke), combined with the current 600 bore (73.8) would give them a 646 (technically 646.78)

Edited by krom

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

646 is lame.  666 however is a seller.

the # of the beast... 

imagine what the morons in Georgia could do with that 

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

8 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

That is because it shouldn't exist.

I may be alone in this but :thumbdown:

Like real racers don't tweak and tune the suspension for their own personal needs. 

The way to not dilute it would be by not making estart part of the package.  If you can't pull it over... see our other offerings. 

:)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mnstang said:

ZR7000?????

rob-schneider-you-can-do-it.gif

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I may be alone in this but :thumbdown:

Like real racers don't tweak and tune the suspension for their own personal needs. 

The way to not dilute it would be by not making estart part of the package.  If you can't pull it over... see our other offerings. 

:)

I'm going to start demanding that Polaris offer the 600 Cross Country with an 850, electric start, a heated seat, dummied down shocks for easy tuning, and mirrors.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

That is because it shouldn't exist.

Why? Can't race it. Who are you to tell people what should, and not exist?:mc:

42 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

mirrors

Mirrors are the first accessorie I install. Wonderful tool. Would never ride without them. Not out to impress the, look at me, I race, but not today crowd. :bum:

4 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I'm waiting for the two up r-xc

I have balsa wood, glue and a pop riveter. I can make that happen. Maybe pound a few nails in it for extra safety?? 

11 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I'm waiting for the two up r-xc

You can build it. Not everyone is all into the have-to-have race sled, no E-start. Just life. 

2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

It should be the RR and the RXC offered via the race department.

What? THE 858 IS NOT IN A RACE CLASS THAT I KNOW OF. Put on a tutu, and embrace the electric start.

19 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

You can build it. Not everyone is all into the have-to-have race sled, no E-start. Just life. 

I realized not everyone is into that.  That's fine.  I have a two up Puma.

But they're changing what an r-xc is supposed to be to appeal to those people that aren't into it... Which abandons the actual hardcore people that the sled was created for.

Which is what happened with snopro.  And what happened with RR.  

They make these sleds for people that aren't aggressive riders but want to feel like they are and pretend like they are, and then the sled suffers for the actual original intended use.. the sled and name eventually loses all meaning after everyone catches on, they have to make up a new name and start the cycle all over again.

R-xc is supposed to be a cross country race sled.  It should never have e-start.  It should never have anything over 600 because it for sure is not a cross country racer.  

It is selling out the name.  If you're a cat fan you should respect what the sled is supposed to be.  

It's not something you buy for your wife or kid because they like the colors.  And the amount of dbags getting the 858 rxc is going to really tarnish it.  I can see alot of the boomer skidoo wannabe fast guys buying one.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I have balsa wood, glue and a pop riveter. I can make that happen. Maybe pound a few nails in it for extra safety?? 

I bet you could sell the glue to our Alaska resident