Check your account email address ×

new cat big bore ...

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

I realized not everyone is into that.  That's fine.  I have a two up Puma.

But they're changing what an r-xc is supposed to be to appeal to those people that aren't into it... Which abandons the actual hardcore people that the sled was created for.

Which is what happened with snopro.  And what happened with RR.  

They make these sleds for people that aren't aggressive riders but want to feel like they are and pretend like they are, and then the sled suffers for the actual original intended use.. the sled and name eventually loses all meaning after everyone catches on, they have to make up a new name and start the cycle all over again.

R-xc is supposed to be a cross country race sled.  It should never have e-start.  It should never have anything over 600 because it for sure is not a cross country racer.  

It is selling out the name.  If you're a cat fan you should respect what the sled is supposed to be.  

It's not something you buy for your wife or kid because they like the colors.  And the amount of dbags getting the 858 rxc is going to really tarnish it.  I can see alot of the boomer skidoo wannabe fast guys buying one.

Seriously? Who cares? Jumping to conclusions is just a waste of time.

32 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

You're jealous of my Puma. 

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

You dilute the name until it means nothing.

Lets say Ferrari paid with some Chinese auto manufacturer and started selling rebadged urban Kei-trucks for like $6998 OTD.

What does that now say of the Ferrari name?  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

You dilute the name until it means nothing.

Lets say Ferrari paid with some Chinese auto manufacturer and started selling rebadged urban Kei-trucks for like $6998 OTD.

What does that now say of the Ferrari name?  

It's shit, like Cat.

1 minute ago, Deephaven said:

It's shit, like Cat.

Really, what should be available to the public should still be called the RR or the Sno Pro.

Leave the RXC to the race department as a stripped down RR with some nice upgrades.  No ES, DSC's in the shocks, mid height windscreen, upgraded brakes, etc.

• Like 5

I bet the 858 r-xc will only be available with e-start, just watch.  They're bastardizing the name to attempt to make an extra sale or two.

It's just like what happened with snopro.  In the 70's they were race machines.  Eagle River shit.  I think one-off factory race machines?  Either way, the ultimate.  Late 90's Cat brought the name back but they were still race machines not sold to general public.

Then in 03 it became a trim level on consumer sleds but but still made to be dripped from 2 stories.  By late 2000's it was a Barney trim and came with shit ass float 1 and 2's in the front only and was as common as non snopros and had decals.  Then for a little bit before they dropped the name, the snopro trim was literally the base level cheapest sled.  

That's what happens when you do this route 

I see they brought back the snopro trim as the high level with the 5 position shocks, that's pretty cool actually 

Edited by mnstang
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

I'm going to start demanding that Polaris offer the 600 Cross Country with an 850, electric start, a heated seat, dummied down shocks for easy tuning, and mirrors.

why not... Polaris and BRP do it

#METOO

3 hours ago, mnstang said:

I'm waiting for the two up r-xc

bet there's already one out there

2 hours ago, mnstang said:

But they're changing what an r-xc is supposed to be to appeal to those people that aren't into it... Which abandons the actual hardcore people that the sled was created for.

Which is what happened with snopro.  And what happened with RR.  

They make these sleds for people that aren't aggressive riders but want to feel like they are and pretend like they are, and then the sled suffers for the actual original intended use.. the sled and name eventually loses all meaning after everyone catches on, they have to make up a new name and start the cycle all over again.

R-xc is supposed to be a cross country race sled.  It should never have e-start.  It should never have anything over 600 because it for sure is not a cross country racer.  

It is selling out the name.  If you're a cat fan you should respect what the sled is supposed to be.  

It's not something you buy for your wife or kid because they like the colors.  And the amount of dbags getting the 858 rxc is going to really tarnish it.  I can see alot of the boomer skidoo wannabe fast guys buying one.

I'd agree with that.

#METOO

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

Having shit shocks on anything with an R in it is ridiculous.

XCR, XRS, RR/RXC.... ?

#METOO

21 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Really, what should be available to the public should still be called the RR or the Sno Pro.

Leave the RXC to the race department as a stripped down RR with some nice upgrades.  No ES, DSC's in the shocks, mid height windscreen, upgraded brakes, etc.

I vote SnoPro as well like the original Cat race sleds were

Race sleds should never have... ELECTRIC START or a FANCY GAUGE 

#METOO

1 minute ago, mnstang said:

I bet the 858 r-xc will only be available with e-start, just watch.  They're bastardizing the name to attempt to make an extra sale or two.

It's just like what happened with snopro.  In the 70's they were race machines.  Eagle River shit.  I think one-off factory race machines?  Either way, the ultimate.  Late 90's Cat brought the name back but they were still race machines not sold to general public.

Then in 03 it became a trim level on consumer sleds but but still made to be dripped from 2 stories.  By late 2000's it was a Barney trim and came with shit ass float 1 and 2's in the front only and was as common as non snopros and had decals.  Then for a little bit before they dropped the name, the snopro trim was literally the base level cheapest sled.  

That's what happens when you do this route 

look how many people get their 'Sno Pro' posts and pictures deleted in the AC Race Chassis Facebook groups.

the one's that post SNOW PRO should be immediately banned

this all said... Cat did what BRP and Polaris have been doing for a very long time (XCR/XRS), on their highest gross profit sleds.  from a business standpoint I totally get it and don't blame them.  I'm also thrilled to death that the Racer Replica moniker is f'ng gone.  remember, over the last few years consumers could already purchase the RXC as a consumer, even with (puke) electric start.   what I'd like to see, is dedicated race dept only sleds again (as Polaris does with their Cross Country) but part of me firmly believes this trend will continue as the numbers of racers competing continues to dwindle.  the math as I see it is this... maybe there are 100 sleds sold to dedicated racers (including that shit show in Alaska) who are likely going to change the suspension anyway and modify it to suit their needs.... and thousands of them to consumers willing to pay top dollar to have a #METOO sled 'just like the racers use'.  the math makes sense, it's the dilution of the moniker which seems to upset folks and I get it... I think.

Bring Back the RR !!!!???  :roflcrying:     

• Like 2

On 1/9/2024 at 7:37 PM, mnstang said:

t's not something you buy for your wife or kid because they like the colors

:read:  Wait that's what I did..  LOL..  For me it was shocks and color.. The wife wants a GREEN cat.  That's what color they are suppose to be..  She also ran my Winder 112 in 660' with a a swimsuit on?  Thinking she can handle a bad ass cross country 600.    

I do get your point though.. 

Edited by jonlafon1
  • Haha 2

If the marketing team at cat comes across this I’d like to make it really simple for them-

Z 400 (blast)

ZL 600-858 (Atac, big gauge etc)

ZR 600-858 (ifp)

ZR 600-858 LE (AC5)

ZR 600-858 Sno Pro (new rr moniker)

ZR 600 CCE/RXC (race program)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

If the marketing team at cat comes across this I’d like to make it really simple for them-

Z 400 (blast)

ZL 600-858 (Atac, big gauge etc)

ZR 600-858 (ifp)

ZR 600-858 LE (AC5)

ZR 600-858 Sno Pro (new rr moniker)

ZR 600 CCE/RXC (race program)

That would be better.  Except for the ZL should have the cheapest shock package which would be the ifp.

I hope people at cat have better things to do than perusing this cesspool.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, mnstang said:

That would be better.  Except for the ZL should have the cheapest shock package which would be the ifp.

I hope people at cat have better things to do than perusing this cesspool.

trust me, other than the camera man for the black cats, no one in marketing is a sledder, or follows the sport on social media

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, krom said:

trust me, other than the camera man for the black cats, no one in marketing is a sledder, or follows the sport on social media

Obviously they don’t care in marketing and just cut and paste. Like rope start 7000 you pointed out 

1 hour ago, krom said:

I feel like the marketing for this catalyst has been pretty good from the start.  It's the talk of the industry since haydays 2022 til now.

It can always be better though.  Like leaving the r-xc name what it's supposed to be 

• Like 1

The latest episode of the carbide podcast features Bobby Menne.  He's ridden all the big 3 OEMs...At one point he talks about just how good the Polaris marketing team is. He basically says it was frustrating for him as a racer, Polaris constantly making changes, pushing out new stuff, and marketing the hell out of anything and everything obviously sells sleds. Textron/Cat has a long way to go to even be close.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Premium said:

The latest episode of the carbide podcast features Bobby Menne.  He's ridden all the big 3 OEMs...At one point he talks about just how good the Polaris marketing team is. He basically says it was frustrating for him as a racer, Polaris constantly making changes, pushing out new stuff, and marketing the hell out of anything and everything obviously sells sleds. Textron/Cat has a long way to go to even be close.

I agree on Polaris - they do a great job with marketing.

3 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Working somewhere that you have no passion for is sad

Welcome to corporate America.  Fortunate are the few who have a passion for the way they make a living.