Check your account email address ×

new cat big bore ...

45 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

QS3 (3 position) makes sense for the masses ... on the brothers RXC having the rebound adjustment makes them easier to dial in better, but not as accurately as DSC.  

this said, I'd bet most people would be/are best served with just the three simple positions as most would actually make their sleds worse with high/low/rebound options.  

Lynx/BRP dealer guy I've gotten to know a bit said most of the XRS and big bump sleds he sees customers come in with are just a mess of adjustments and improperly set up.

anything more than 123 is too much for the average rider (which includes 90% of the guys who buy rr/rxc/xrs/whatever poo calls their version these days)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, favoritos said:

It's three settings. ;)

I'm surprised how little that adjustment gets changed.  I don't ride the ATAC sled a whole lot, but it's rare to move the setting. The shocks are kinda meh and certainly work better with big guys.  They seem to get the shocks moving enough to get travel and notice the difference.

It seems like a cool feature, but it's a poor choice for myself with the current setup.  I'd love to see Cat do a little fine tuning.  They could knock it out of the park with the simple bar adjustment process on the IACT sleds.  Add some manual adjustment to the presets and let users toggle between setting that work for them. 

It still blows me away that I have had the best luck with a sled they call the RR.  The name throws people off.  Those shocks are actually adjustable.  I can set them up for my weight and ride harder with way less effort.

They really need a 5 setting shock for it to be worth while. A setting between 1 and 2 and a setting between 2 and 3. The air shock set and zero-x set up the older rr came with was a lot better as you could dial it right in. Especially the 2015 tucker that had the dual speeds on the front. That one was probably the best out of the box rr suspension wise I have had. 

2 hours ago, Cat45 said:

Surprised nobody's come out with a dsc type adjuster thats electronic yet. With the basic iact system in place you'd think it wouldn't be that hard to do

I honestly think that would be a waste of time at this point because of other technologies that have been out for a long time in the automotive world. Skidoo is trying to do the mag ride thing on sleds and that would be the way to go for the mass market as you wouldn’t have to adjust anything. Parts availability has been the issue for them to get it off the ground on the snowmobiles. Polaris and brp has had it on sxs for a while now and it works. It’s only a matter of time before they getting it going on the snow side 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I honestly think that would be a waste of time at this point because of other technologies that have been out for a long time in the automotive world. Skidoo is trying to do the mag ride thing on sleds and that would be the way to go for the mass market as you wouldn’t have to adjust anything. Parts availability has been the issue for them to get it off the ground on the snowmobiles. Polaris and brp has had it on sxs for a while now and it works. It’s only a matter of time before they getting it going on the snow side 

doesn't poo use fox's live valve on their sxs stuff, and not mag fluid?

19 minutes ago, krom said:

Yeah I think polaris calls it dynamics or something. Pretty cool tech, I'd really like to try a rzr with it sometime 

1 hour ago, krom said:

anything more than 123 is too much for the average rider (which includes 90% of the guys who buy rr/rxc/xrs/whatever poo calls their version these days)

My new XRS is coming with EA3s. Will run stock this year and see how I like them.

If not they'll be going to monster for the older 23 click single adjuster or the all out H/L/R adjusters.

I have stage 4 elkas on my atv, so I know how much of a difference being able to adjust H/L/R independently makes. It's huge.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, krom said:

I have never looked into how they are actually doing it as I don’t ever care to ever own a sxs. I know they have had an active system of some sort a while. Could very well be the fox system. I would put money on it polaris and skidoo put no time into those systems and bought them from someone to install on their stuff. 

12 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Nope! I just question ass holes who get to close to my shit. 

Lets get this straight, you parked next to us.  

2 hours ago, Cat45 said:

Yeah I think polaris calls it dynamics or something. Pretty cool tech, I'd really like to try a rzr with it sometime 

Wasn't the old blue bodied shocks on the 01 Sno-Pro's Dynamic brand shocks?

2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

How did the 3 of us assholes park after you, order breakfast, shovel it down the gullet, and leave before you? 

All after BS'ing with Greg and Ben for a solid 30 minutes.

I dont remember, not care.that was long ago. Just winding you up. Seems to take less and less work.

1 minute ago, ZR6000RR said:

If I caught YOU doing that, you would no longer be on earth. Not kidding. 

don't take yourself or any of this joking around so serious... cuz none of us do Francis.  

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

Lets get this straight, you parked next to us.  

Wasn't the old blue bodied shocks on the 01 Sno-Pro's Dynamic brand shocks?

Shit, that's a long ways back....you might be right, pretty sure they were built by fox or maybe act/fox but called something else

Edit: did some digging and the blue ones were called dynamic shocks but I'm not sure who made them. I ditched them and had black bodied act with clickers on mine. 

Edited by Cat45
Info added

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

don't take yourself or any of this joking around so serious... cuz none of us do Francis.  

Difference is I am serious. I catch anyone fucking wit a sled that is not their sled, will face a toll. Some fuckhead broke in to our farm storage and wrecked some shit, stole 2 sleds and sliced up my cover to siphon stale gas. If we find them, they are toast. 

5 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Difference is I am serious. I catch anyone fucking wit a sled that is not their sled, will face a toll. Some fuckhead broke in to our farm storage and wrecked some shit, stole 2 sleds and sliced up my cover to siphon stale gas. If we find them, they are toast. 

holy fuck internet tough guy, thanks for the warning... nervous-scared.gif

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

Shit, that's a long ways back....you might be right, pretty sure they were built by fox or maybe act/fox but called something else

Edit: did some digging and the blue ones were called dynamic shocks but I'm not sure who made them. I ditched them and had black bodied act with clickers on mine. 

Wasn’t it some fucked up company from England that made those dynamic shocks?