Check your account email address ×

new cat big bore ...

5 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Lol, no one is upset.  It is just super funny as it is stupid as shit, but coming from you we expect that.

That is the saddest truth I have read on any forum.  6000 is a putrid number that will not allow them to grow or even maintain what they are doing.  No wonder they got out of racing.  They are going to have to get out of designing here pretty quick too.  Probably even manufacturing.  Don't expect quality without profits.

At an average retail price of $12,000 across the line up they’d manufacture $72,000,000 with of sleds. But yeah, I’m sure you are right dipfuck, they are going to get out of designing and manufacturing when they just released a brand new sled. 

5 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Lol, what a fucking surprise.  You are confused a lot.

Dickcravin, I wasn’t the only one who didn’t understand their snowcheck process. 

1 hour ago, AK440 said:

At an average retail price of $12,000 across the line up they’d manufacture $72,000,000 with of sleds. But yeah, I’m sure you are right dipfuck, they are going to get out of designing and manufacturing when they just released a brand new sled. 

Dickcravin, I wasn’t the only one who didn’t understand their snowcheck process. 

That’s retail price. There is also dealer mark up in it. Cat isn’t making money for textron. I am guessing they need around 100 million to brake even from my work experience. 

8 hours ago, krom said:

speaking of McLaren...  Its worth the watch and listen.  Apparently their engines are as reliable as polaris engines

The McLaren F1 uses a BMW engine. It destroyed the field for decades. Kind of like Cats Suzuki/Yamaha Turbo's.

I gotta say @krom - never thought I'd see you post some of the stuff you've posted (being realistic).  It's always fun reading your bashes on Polaris and SkiDoo but it's also kinda neat seeing you throw some shit at Textron for their mismanagement of Cat and telling it like it is :bc:  What's even more entertaining is the hurt you put on some of the folks here and their devotion to the brand (or in some people's case, their devotion to Cat marketing hype) :lolz:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I gotta say @krom - never thought I'd see you post some of the stuff you've posted (being realistic).  It's always fun reading your bashes on Polaris and SkiDoo but it's also kinda neat seeing you throw some shit at Textron for their mismanagement of Cat and telling it like it is :bc:  What's even more entertaining is the hurt you put on some of the folks here and their devotion to the brand (or in some people's case, their devotion to Cat marketing hype) :lolz:

I still have my green goggles, but don't ever recall making up complete lies, like jimwit, or defending obvious fuckups to such a ridiculous extent.

Guess I can understand how some of these guys don't have a clue what is actually happening/happened.

Arctic Cat is gone, its dead and burried. The company is now Textron Specialized Vehicles.

All but a tiny hand full of the people who made it great, and great to work with are gone as well.  Everybody knows they fired Roger, GLS, Don Eidie, Brian Dick, shut down the race department got rid of the staff, and moved it to more or less one man's cubicle etc.

Its the folks that none of them know about that are the ones that made it such a great company, most of them are long gone.  Guys spent an entire year with an empty box next to their desk, so they would be ready when the notice came down that they got fired.

Edited by krom
  • Like 2

That 858 may very well be great, but no way in hell would I own one as a first year sled.  And when Cat finally does release it, Polaris and Doo will be even further ahead (again) with their latest technologies.  I'm glad Cat is coming out with a big bore, but again ... they're late to the game.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Polaris and Doo will be even further ahead (again) with their latest technologies.

For now, they are behind.
Chaincase/steering system is outdated, like thier chassis.
Cat will win sled of the year this year and probably next year with the 858.
Your comments all sound like were in 2020.
It's not 2020 anymore. Your shit isn't the new thing anymore, get over it.

• Like 1

Just now, stinkipinki said:

Why are you so invested in defending / arguing over this thing??  Of course they'll win SOTY .. it's the only "new" ride for 2024.  Next year when Polaris releases the XCR with the 9R and Dynamix shocks, and Doo does whatever they decide to do, Cat will continue to be looking up and fighting to stay alive.  You need to get over the fact Cat is part of the "me too" movement now.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Bontz said:

That 858 may very well be great, but no way in hell would I own one as a first year sled.  And when Cat finally does release it, Polaris and Doo will be even further ahead (again) with their latest technologies.  I'm glad Cat is coming out with a big bore, but again ... they're late to the game.

They are probably trying to sell the company 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

devils advocate time..

poo and doo both have turbo 850 trail and mountain sleds
poo has had a belt drive in the mountains for years
poo has a 900 

even though poo's 840, 840 turbo, and 900 aren't reliable, they are ahead of AC right now, as is doo.

The biggest thing is that It both companies have been developing their next engine and chassis since the last one was released

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

That would be the first good thing they've done since taking over, but it would also be a change of plans, as they have already turned down real offers from yamaha, argo, and at least one other 

Edited by krom
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

For a couple of my buddies sake, who live, breathe, eat and drink Arctic Cat green ... I hope that happens, and that it's a good fit for whoever buys out Textron.

Edited by Bontz
  • Like 2

Just now, Bontz said:

For a couple my buddies sake, who live, breathe, eats and drink Arctic Cat green ... I hope that happens, and that it's a good fit for whoever buys out Textron.

If they are still interested, Argo would be the best fit, hell they are right down the street, and have most of the talent that textron foolishly got rid of

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, krom said:

That would be the first good thing they've done since taking over, but it would also be a change of plans, as they have already turned down real offers from yamaha, argo, and at least one other 

They have done to cat everything they have always done when they buy a company. There is probably a time frame they have to hold onto the company for tax benefits before they dump it. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Bontz said:

You need to get over the fact Cat is part of the "me too" movement now.

Whats "me too" about the Alpha 1?
The moment the patent drops you can bet your white ass the competition will make thier version.
Cat have had 900 and 1000cc two strokes before. My brother has a highly modified Crossfire 1000R.
The sweet spot is 850ish for weight, thats the meat and potatoes.
However, Cat said they could fit a bigger motor... I could see them fabbing a 900 Turbo in there and sacrificing some of the power to weight. What exactly have Poo and Doo done that isn't "me too" in the past 8-9 years? Nothing. Just tweaks.

I will say though, for altitude reasons, they will need a Turbo eventually.
At 4000 feet your losing like 10% power.

Edited by stinkipinki

2 hours ago, krom said:

I still have my green goggles, but don't ever recall making up complete lies, like jimwit, or defending obvious fuckups to such a ridiculous extent.

Guess I can understand how some of these guys don't have a clue what is actually happening/happened.

Arctic Cat is gone, its dead and burried. The company is now Textron Specialized Vehicles.

All but a tiny hand full of the people who made it great, and great to work with are gone as well.  Everybody knows they fired Roger, GLS, Don Eidie, Brian Dick, shut down the race department got rid of the staff, and moved it to more or less one man's cubicle etc.

Its the folks that none of them know about that are the ones that made it such a great company, most of them are long gone.  Guys spent an entire year with an empty box next to their desk, so they would be ready when the notice came down that they got fired.

Been there, done that.  I know how it feels and Textron isn't the only one playing that game.  

I'm on my third owner of the brand.  As of last May, I'm the only one left supporting the brand from when it was a standalone company.

The last company was squeezing all the blood out of the brand and we were prepared to watch it die.  Just then, another company came along that wanted us and the brand was saved.  I see the same thing happening to Cat - Textron will sell off the snowmobile line to someone else eventually, and keep the ATV/UTV line.

I would love to see Argo own it, but it will probably be Polaris.

27 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

Cat have had 900 and 1000cc two strokes before. 

Not epa compliant ones

28 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

The sweet spot is 850ish for weight, thats the meat and potatoes.
However, Cat said they could fit a bigger motor... I could see them fabbing a 900 Turbo in there and sacrificing some of the power to weight.

For weight, lol.  That has nothing to do with it.  900r is nominally the same weight as the 850.  As for the you could see them, lol, the 858 hasn't proven that it can drive without blowing up yet and you want to both up the cc's and turbo it.  That's some funny shit