Check your account email address ×

new cat big bore ...

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

I don't defend the brand, I just point out the hypocrisy and unhinged hate that you haters clearly display here, constantly.  It's not really defendable so then you start doing what you're doing right now instead.  Look for example, we're in yet another cat thread and currently a bunch of haters are in here crying about a presentation gave at haydays over a year ago.  Actually mad about this.  You actually sound pretty angry, besides saying cds "tards" I don't get personal with you people, or very rarely.  You are all a cesspool of hate and that goes along with the one guy you all gang up on that insults you back, it's like high school but you're all supposed to be grown men.  This place is quite pathetic and will never ever grow.

Not roping me in buddy, have fun with your non-hate hating though, stay classy.

Are you out of your mind? You take this shit WAAAYYY to serious. Try some edibles, they might help.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, p51mstg said:

You can put a monkey in her position and Arctic Cat would be fine, from a sales, production, marketing and r&d perspective. 

Fine? AC were on their last legs when Textron swooped in.

R&D? They've used the same procross chassis for 12 years ffs.

And that leads to poor sales numbers.

2 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

It sounds like you're crediting Ms. iPad for the Catalyst, and I doubt that was your intention.  My assertion was that a monkey could have done what she did for Arctic Cat and we'd still be here, trying to find something to argue about with a sled whose first year of production won't start for another two weeks.

25 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

yeah but...

That was because of horrendous management, not product.  The board allowed the last 2 or 3 ceo's to basically set all the cash and income on fire, without doing anything for R&D.

Call it spin and deflect if you want, but doo used the xp/xs chassis for 10+ years (and still are no?)

How long has the current poo chassis been the same, despite new names every couple of years? (honest question I havent been keeping track

That limiting sales to spring order only, and canceling almost half the dealer base, so that tracker stores don't have any nearby competition

• Like 1

Speaking of tracker..

Fun fact, they aren't selling anywhere near the number of units they planned on.

That's why you are seeing lower content (jimwit, that means few standard features) machines being sold as Arctic Cat.

Prowler Pro S is one example of machine planned for tracker, but re-badged as AC

2 hours ago, krom said:

Speaking of tracker..

Fun fact, they aren't selling anywhere near the number of units they planned on.

That's why you are seeing lower content (jimwit, that means few standard features) machines being sold as Arctic Cat.

Prowler Pro S is one example of machine planned for tracker, but re-badged as AC

My old work had a deal with them and it didn’t work out. They didn’t sell nearly the volume of equipment they said they would. It ended up being a wasted of time 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, krom said:

How long has the current poo chassis been the same, despite new names every couple of years? (honest question I havent been keeping track

Too long, but Cats problem was different.  They held onto a chassis that was old compared to the Poo and Doo when it came out.  Poo keeps slightly modifying their shit and re-releasing it but it was miles ahead to begin with.  The cat'sass is long overdue, but at least it is here now so they have something to build on.  Hopefully it isn't too late.

3 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

And it sucks even worse because they had a much better chassis already but discontinued it.  Derp moment is understating it.

The SP chassis didn’t lend itself to mass production. I love how everyone bags on the Procross chassis that currently dominates cross country racing in COR. But yet no one bitches about Polaris racing a 20 year old IQR chassis in sno-x. When’s the last time Polaris won a pro title in sno-x? 

If Cat had any brains they’d of changed the plastic on the Procross, made some minor revisions and given it a new name.  People would have thought it was a brand new sled. Same as Doo and Poo have done repeatedly. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, krom said:

Speaking of tracker..

Was planned as a cat model from the beginning.  Was announced at the showing after Textron took over. You really have taken on the internet JESUS name well though. Fucking New York State waste of human flesh.

7 hours ago, awful knawful said:

Hate? What is there to hate? A small, almost insignificant company that will lose 1/2 what it builds in 2026 when Yamaha are done?

A company that nearly went bankrupt again, but was saved, by a company that DGAF about sleds?

A company that puts a woman on stage that knows sweet fuck all about the product.

A company whose latest and greatest is over 5 years too late? With a chassis and engine that if anything will be on par with Doo and poos sleds that are due to be updated?

Shake your head. Only ones mad are the Cat faithful.

Yep, no hate.  Yet here you are.

8 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Yep, no hate.  Yet here you are.

Be easy on him. He is a poo bear. Just poke him with results once the season gets rolling. He is a small minded fuck. His answer is always market share. Something that is going to change dramatically in the next couple of years. 

6 hours ago, J. Jackson said:

Are you out of your mind? You take this shit WAAAYYY to serious. Try some edibles, they might help.

I guess it is perspective.  If someone says Cat is not competitive, and I point out that not only competitive but they are winning races and championships... that could be viewed as defending a brand.  But it's really just correcting haters and pointing out your idiotic rants.  Pointing out rage over iPad chick might seem like defending a brand, from my perspective it's pointing out how unhinged and pathetic you people are to care about such a thing that literally does not matter.  I've pointed out hypocrisies a hundred times here and it's usually not defendable.  I can see from a haters perspective how you might view anyone pushing back as defending.  You people truly are unhinged and have CDS, I know it's a joke but it's absolutely true and I know you don't see it because that's how this works.

Yes I am so serious, I'm currently watching pulp and waiting for my grouse on the grill and chilling.  Whatever you have to tell yourselves.  High school clique rallying the troops keep it classy FS 👍🏿

And I will remind you all, again, that 99% of this forum content is bashing on cat.  But yeah not haters keep saying that it means it's true 

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

I guess it is perspective.  If someone says Cat is not competitive, and I point out that not only competitive but they are winning races and championships... that could be viewed as defending a brand.  But it's really just correcting haters and pointing out your idiotic rants.  Pointing out rage over iPad chick might seem like defending a brand, from my perspective it's pointing out how unhinged and pathetic you people are to care about such a thing that literally does not matter.  I've pointed out hypocrisies a hundred times here and it's usually not defendable.  I can see from a haters perspective how you might view anyone pushing back as defending.  You people truly are unhinged and have CDS, I know it's a joke but it's absolutely true and I know you don't see it because that's how this works.

Yes I am so serious, I'm currently watching pulp and waiting for my grouse on the grill and chilling.  Whatever you have to tell yourselves.  High school clique rallying the troops keep it classy FS 👍🏿

And I will remind you all, again, that 99% of this forum content is bashing on cat.  But yeah not haters keep saying that it means it's true 

DF7AB7D9-6047-4A06-8D00-970B6ED57BF4.gif

You didn't even try to recover from your bullshit lie about Roger, and other moronic bullshit claiming that I typed out a fake response, when in fact I posted a screen shot from AI.

14 hours ago, krom said:

Prowler ProS is one example of machine planned for tracker, but re-badged as AC

9 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Was planned as a cat model from the beginning.  Was announced at the showing after Textron took over. You really have taken on the internet JESUS name well though. Fucking New York State waste of human flesh.

9 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

https://www.arcticinsider.com/first-look-2018-prowler-pro-from-textron-off-road/

Even before Tracker. Internet jESUS. The false leader!

Now your brain dead moronic ass does that??  Holy flying fuck, how can you be so stupid?

BTW the prowler pro was designed for AC and Caterpillar, long before Textron. 

The working name was "modflex" 

I drove gas and diesel prototypes of it, with no body work at ERX.  Also got to drive the XX at the same event.

Since you posted links to AI, but aren't smart enough to find the correct article, here is the release of the prowler pro S

https://www.arcticinsider.com/two-new-arctic-cat-prowler-pro-models-you-havent-seen/

Notice that it doesn't come with many standard features, and they are pushing how customizable it is.  Also it was released in June of 23, as a 23, almost a full year after the normal time for new off road products to be released. Because they have a ton of units destined for tracker, that they have to get rid of.

Edited by krom
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, awful knawful said:

I definitely do not have hate for cat or any manufacturer.

I hope cat makes a glorious rise to the top.

They've been on a sinking ship for far too long.

Agreed.
I let go of all brand loyalties while ago, but I do still pick on brand bashers.
Also, I've had some great Cat sleds that did well, so I'm grateful of that.
Cat's new Catalyst is going to be a great, maneuverable, light, edgy machine with alot of potential.

For high elevation/mountain riding they will need to put on a small Turbo eventually. 
Cat said they had more room to fit a bigger displacement engine but wanted to keep the overall 'lighter then the 600' theme. Which will be great.
I could see them making a Catalyst Thundercat, and compromise this balance by putting in a 900cc Turbo and making it just work the best they can. The 858 Turbo is most likely in some early state of development, the big question is how Cat will get the parts. Like their deal with Garmin, they may just partner up instead of building a snail assembly themselves.

13 hours ago, Deephaven said:

TThey held onto a chassis that was old compared to the Poo and Doo when it came out.  

During its release in 2012 the ProCross was better then anything Doo and Poo had at the time.
It absolutely dusted the competition in flatland racing. as well as winning the shootout in 12 and sled of the year in 2014, runner up in 2016.
It wasn't until Polaris updated their chassis in 2015 and Ski-Doo released the Gen 4 that they started winning sled of the year consistently. 

3 hours ago, krom said:

You didn't even try to recover from your bullshit lie about Roger, and other moronic bullshit claiming that I typed out a fake response, when in fact I posted a screen shot from AI.

Now your brain dead moronic ass does that??  Holy flying fuck, how can you be so stupid?

BTW the prowler pro was designed for AC and Caterpillar, long before Textron. 

The working name was "modflex" 

I drove gas and diesel prototypes of it, with no body work at ERX.  Also got to drive the XX at the same event.

Since you posted links to AI, but aren't smart enough to find the correct article, here is the release of the prowler pro S

https://www.arcticinsider.com/two-new-arctic-cat-prowler-pro-models-you-havent-seen/

Notice that it doesn't come with many standard features, and they are pushing how customizable it is.  Also it was released in June of 23, as a 23, almost a full year after the normal time for new off road products to be released. Because they have a ton of units destined for tracker, that they have to get rid of.

Fuck you internet jESUS! You pile of dog shit!

1 hour ago, stinkipinki said:

Agreed.
I let go of all brand loyalties while ago, but I do still pick on brand bashers.
Also, I've had some great Cat sleds that did well, so I'm grateful of that.
Cat's new Catalyst is going to be a great, maneuverable, light, edgy machine with alot of potential.

For high elevation/mountain riding they will need to put on a small Turbo eventually. 
Cat said they had more room to fit a bigger displacement engine but wanted to keep the overall 'lighter then the 600' theme. Which will be great.
I could see them making a Catalyst Thundercat, and compromise this balance by putting in a 900cc Turbo and making it just work the best they can. The 858 Turbo is most likely in some early state of development, the big question is how Cat will get the parts. Like their deal with Garmin, they may just partner up instead of building a snail assembly themselves.

I could see them doing a home built 900 twin 4t turbo in the catalyst too 👀