Check your account email address ×

new cat big bore ...

1 hour ago, ZR6000RR said:

Sure. Blame it on someone else. You sound like a former coworker I had.

I actually wasn’t riding that sled. I bent the bumper on my limited edition trucker trying to drag it out. I was in the back with a 6 pack looking for a wolf to roast up. 

56 minutes ago, mnstang said:

My buddies bearcat has fallen through into swamp a couple times like that.  It doesn't help that it's a twin spar 1100 groomer special, possibly the heaviest snowmobile ever made 

That is a 7000 in the picture so you know the pain. The skis went under the ice and we had to brake it open before attempting to even move it. That’s why the hole is opened up like it is 

Just now, racinfarmer said:

The Firecats did require some leaning.  Have to be an active rider to ride one fast.

I think they have cool head lights. I should get a hood and light it up for a garage decoration. It makes them look fast 

9 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

The Firecats did require some leaning.  Have to be an active rider to ride one fast.

Like I said. It was the best handling trail sled till you tossed a bump. I had to buy my 18 because I switched with my better half and let her ride my 2015. 

5 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Would have figured in your case you'd be eating the polar bear 

I would have but I was full from the roasted wolf I had earlier in the day. The polar bear would have made a nice rug now that I think of it. 

2 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I would have but I was full from the roasted wolf I had earlier in the day. The polar bear would have made a nice rug now that I think of it. 

Tastes like chicken.....

45 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

This was one of my Franken-sleds back in the day. The 900 was and will forever be one of my favorite engines. 

DSC02579.JPG

DSC02586.JPG

They are fantastic engines.  I came off a tcat 1000 and the zr didn't have the same legs but it was a way better motor (and sled) for the trails.  Big torque.  That sled looks terribly unbalanced and top heavy with that skid jacking it up like that.

19 minutes ago, mnstang said:

They are fantastic engines.  I came off a tcat 1000 and the zr didn't have the same legs but it was a way better motor (and sled) for the trails.  Big torque.  That sled looks terribly unbalanced and top heavy with that skid jacking it up like that.

Correct- It was a FAST M10 Air Wave- adjustable air pressure- There was a ton of ride in with that suspension- probably sagged in roughly 50%. The ride-in reduced the height, but it was still too high causing ill handling. It was a cool toy tho....

DSC02584.JPG

DSC02575.JPG

DSC02574.JPG

DSC02582.JPG

• Like 2

Just now, Ziemann said:

Correct- It was a FAST M10 Air Wave- adjustable air pressure- There was a ton of ride in with that suspension- probably sagged in roughly 50%. The ride-in reduced the height, but it was still too high causing ill handling. It was a cool toy tho....

DSC02584.JPG

DSC02575.JPG

DSC02574.JPG

DSC02582.JPG

Interesting setup with the air shock, guessing that wasn't cheap.  I've heard good reviews about the fast skid but every one I've seen in a cat they sit higher up than I'd prefer.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Interesting setup with the air shock, guessing that wasn't cheap.  I've heard good reviews about the fast skid but every one I've seen in a cat they sit higher up than I'd prefer.

My friend had the non air ride M10 in a xcr800 of that era. It sat goofy like that with out someone on the sled. It would go down to normal ride height when you sat on the sled. The big thing I noticed was how much it killed the top end speed of that sled. I am not sure the actual mph lost but it did not have the pull like it did with xtra 10.

7 hours ago, Deephaven said:

I have a Polaris.

have you purchased a satellite phone and a backpack full of relays yet?  be sure to put Ricky's number at the top of the contact list as there's no polar bears in MN but there are wolves.  

still to this day one of the funniest 'stories' I've ever seen posted on a snowmobile forum.  time to go back to my polar bear smh avvy?   :roflcrying:

9 hours ago, mnstang said:

Haha.  Another delusional hater, they're all coming out of the wood work now!  Can't handle anyone dropping CAT truth bombs?  Oh look more cat bashing, on freedom sledder no way?!

The extra hurtful part for you is after the mach loses to the zr with 140 less CC's in a straight line it will get absolutely WORKED by it in the trail.  Obliterated.

The extra extra hurtful part has got to be that while you still see the zr's out taking lunch money from anyone on the trail, mach z's are gone.  There can't be one left that hasn't blown up multiple times they were time bombs.  There was a guy here Polaris 550 or whatever and his mach z debacle broke his brain!!  It was a true lemon he was still butthurt about that sled 15 years later lololol I still own my sled 15 years later and it's faster than ever.

And the extra extra extra shitty part is how butt ass ugly they were.  I mean a solid 7 for skidoo standards no doubt.  Still butt ass ugly.

Here you go.  Read it and weep.  Just being real like you wanted.  Off a skidoo website.

Who else?  What else is in the hate well?  This shootout my goggles again?  Nah just more jealous little men ankle biters.  Couldn't even beat the little corner carving zr while it carried the torch between the tcat and the f1000 and z1t, this was your shot at the crown for one year out of 50 but couldn't do it.  Close, but not quite and they sacrificed reliability and are another forgotten sled.

800 rev, good one.

Notice you're all in a cat thread arguing about CATS.  AGAIN.  But not haters!!...

Screenshot_20230926-200215.png

Far far from delusional my friend as a multi time Hay Days and many other major races can attest to it as fact. The 9 was a decent sled but nothing earth shattering or legendary. The non DD sleds were a boon to drive belt suppliers tho.

58 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

have you purchased a satellite phone and a backpack full of relays yet?  be sure to put Ricky's number at the top of the contact list as there's no polar bears in MN but there are wolves.  

I did get suckered into buying a bunch of relays that I, nor anyone I know has ever needed...

41 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

53291ae9-f0f2-4854-8fd7-78c02990224b_tex

christ... how many different 'fix kits' did he sell back in the day?  :roflcrying:

What ever harbor freight had for the 5 cent special, in the fish bowl at check out counter. That bowl of Chinese goodness made the next electrical fix 

7 hours ago, Not greg b said:

My friend had the non air ride M10 in a xcr800 of that era. It sat goofy like that with out someone on the sled. It would go down to normal ride height when you sat on the sled. The big thing I noticed was how much it killed the top end speed of that sled. I am not sure the actual mph lost but it did not have the pull like it did with xtra 10.

The attack angle or whatever where the rails bend at the front looks pretty steep and abrupt, probably doesn't help anything.  The oems know what they are doing with alot of that stuff.  I was reading a BM catalog last night from 92 and they were offering service to update rails to the "new" 92 rails claiming 5-8mph gain from that change just in one year.  The research, experience, and compounding knowledge makes the oems hard to beat.  I always cringe when I see people swapping in skids or doing others major chassis changes, they are throwing all the much research and development for something with zero research or maybe some guy in a garage somewhere but they don't understand how much went into their sled they think the oems just slap shit together and send it out the door and it works.  Like how can one skid possibly work for all these different sleds from different brands and preserve the handling and nature that the sled was built for.  I'm under no illusion I have more sled building experience than an OEM or even in the pinky of one of their engineers.  I do mod stuff but I'm careful about keeping the core of the sled.

• Like 1