Check your account email address ×

Beef…It’s What’s For Dinner

22 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

And some good antibiotics!  :lol: :bc:

Neal

I had a&w in Minneapolis… the burger and fries are way better there than here. Like it’s not even the same food 

they brag that a&w Canada is grass fed, antibiotic free beef

like ok… If the animal gets sick you just let it die instead of giving it a life saving treatment? Sure sounds humane 

plus animals have a clean out period if they got antibiotics and can’t be taken to market until they’re healthy and clean so technically all meat is antibiotic free…

11 minutes ago, ACE said:

I had a&w in Minneapolis… the burger and fries are way better there than here. Like it’s not even the same food 

like ok… If the animal gets sick you just let it die instead of giving it a life saving treatment? Sure sounds humane 

plus animals have a clean out period if they got antibiotics and can’t be taken to market until they’re healthy and clean so technically all meat is antibiotic free…

What happened to that Berta beef!?!?

Neal

4 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

What happened to that Berta beef!?!?

Neal

I don’t think it’s Berta beef. I think it’s some cheap over seas shit and they’re just trying to market it as great beef but it’s not 

2 hours ago, ACE said:

Anyone who brags about grass fed beef is an idiot.  Look at the average marbling of a grass fed steer and one that gets corn.  Then taste them side by side.  You'll NEVER want the grass fed one.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ACE said:

Exactly. That's just a catchy sales pitch that gets stretched just like the word organic.

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

Anyone who brags about grass fed beef is an idiot.  Look at the average marbling of a grass fed steer and one that gets corn.  Then taste them side by side.  You'll NEVER want the grass fed one.

Most all commercial beef is grass and feed mixed.  Especially finishing, how many feedlots aren’t using corn silage and DDGs mixed in.

Neal

32 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Most all commercial beef is grass and feed mixed.  Especially finishing, how many feedlots aren’t using corn silage and DDGs mixed in.

Neal

Grass fed can't be silage finished....which is why they taste like crap.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Grass fed can't be silage finished....which is why they taste like crap.

The stinkiest and worst beef I had in my life was  grass finished 

growing them on grass is maybe ok but you have to finish them on grain. Otherwise they can really stink 

Read an article that did the breakdown on GW impact real beef and the process of raising cattle vs the fake shit. The fake shit was way worse for the environment. Taking away the claim they were saving the world from cow farts.

• Like 1

• Advertising Member
13 hours ago, Mainecat said:

I only buy burger from the local butcher who grinds in house.

The perfect medium rare steak?

Using a digital thermo when the center hits 115-120 pull it off the heat and rest 10 minutes.

That isn't medium rare..... pull at 105 or 110 din rest for 10 minutes.  Will change your life.

• Like 1

Man some of you dudes put way too much thought into beef.  I go to the butcher, buy a strip loin or tenderloin, have them whip up a bunch of inch and a half steaks.  And grill it.  Delicious.  I don't stand there like a dork..... "Ohhhh was that grass fed?  Grain finished?  Ohhhh that marbling is unacceptable!"  :lol:  wgaf.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Man some of you dudes put way too much thought into beef.  I go to the butcher, buy a strip loin or tenderloin, have them whip up a bunch of inch and a half steaks.  And grill it.  Delicious.  I don't stand there like a dork..... "Ohhhh was that grass fed?  Grain finished?  Ohhhh that marbling is unacceptable!"  :lol:  wgaf.

Yeah I don't really put much thought into the grassing and graining it's just what my guy tells me how he raises them. He's a friend so I believe him even tho he could be filling me with bs. Notice the pun? Anyhow, the big deal is age because after they're, I think, 30 months you can't cut a T-bone or Porterhouse from the side because of potential mad cow disease. Kinda fucked up.

1 minute ago, Anler said:

I can't imagine there is any such thing as a grass fed grass finished prime steak. 

Possible but not in a feed lot.  

27 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Man some of you dudes put way too much thought into beef. ... I don't stand there like a dork..... "Ohhhh was that grass fed?  Grain finished?  Ohhhh that marbling is unacceptable!"  :lol:  wgaf.

You are a serious simpleton.  Really sad you buy whatever.   There is a reason some of your steaks are way better than another.  As for the answers to the questions you don't ask, there are signs posted on the meat as you look at it.  You pretty much have to be blind to miss them.  Blame the idiot hippies on the whole grass fed movement.

I bought a 1/4 of a Wagyu grown in North Carolina and it was grained its entire life. It’s a different beef experience for sure. I’ve eaten local beef that has had nothing but grass and it tasted like shit.