Check your account email address ×

Jason Aldean song being cancelled

• Gold Member
41 minutes ago, HSR said:

Those songs were hits for their musical merit not the message and it was a subtle message and then people loved musicians for the music they provided not the message they are trying to sell.They didn't need controversy.

I recall U2 getting cancelled for trying to push their politics.

When was U2 getting cancelled was it for Sunday Bloody Sunday

12 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

The song romances a myth. It’s ridiculous 

It's 100% the truth.
The cities are full of woke liberal brats with no discipline or accountability.
You won't get away with that shit in the Country, and they haven't. 
Keep your liberal whimpering, childish rioting and degenerate sexualization of children to yourselfs you sick cunts.

Democrats have proven how incompetent they are and how stupid it is to run on emotions and not the truth. Your all fucking cunts that need to be spanked like children with a 2X4 until your asscheeks turn red and your crying like the woke liberal brat cunts you all are.
Entitled brats = Liberals.

Edited by stinkipinki

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I almost got booted from the dorms at NMU for blaring License To Ill at all hours while pounding quarter barrels.🤣👍🏼

Gawd that was huge!  When it came out you couldn’t go to a party where the Beastie’s weren’t blaring. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

You don’t understand the pushback and why, at this point?  You don’t understand who Laura Ingraham was writing about 20 years ago when she wrote “Shut up and Sing”?   Not surprised.

Hey you’re the one who made bet.  You made a dumb statement.  Be better.

You’re 10 years younger and have a typical mindset of a retiree on a fixed income.  10 years ago I was still racing motocross, you sit in a rocking chair on your front porch:lol: 

He is quite the ignorant bonehead.

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

Sometimes a song is just a song and a movie is just a movie. :dunno:

Apparently the movie needs outrage and the song does not according to FS  :bc: I'm starting to catch on:lol:

55 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

The song romances a myth. It’s ridiculous 

I agree.

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

I'll give credit where credit is due ... some good tunes played by those bands.  But you're forgetting Van Halen (more so with Sammy than DLR)  

I assume you just typed that backwards.  Van Halen died when DLR left IMO.  Almost all junk after and tons of brilliance before.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

It's 100% the truth.
The cities are full of woke liberal brats with no discipline or accountability.
You won't get away with that shit in the Country, and they haven't. 
Keep your liberal whimpering, childish rioting and degenerate sexualization of children to yourselfs you sick cunts.

Democrats have proven how incompetent they are and how stupid it is to run on emotions and not the truth. Your all fucking cunts that need to be spanked like children with a 2X4 until your asscheeks turn red and your crying like the woke liberal brat cunts you all are.
Entitled brats = Liberals.

Nonsense. Some of the most fucked up shit goes down in small towns. You’re proof of that. 

12 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

I assume you just typed that backwards.  Van Halen died when DLR left IMO.  Almost all junk after and tons of brilliance before.

DLR was an entertainer, but not a vocalist.  I didn't dislike VH when he was the lead, but I liked them a lot more when they were Van Hagar.  I know that I probably fall in the minority with that, but that's just my take :bc:

1 minute ago, Bontz said:

DLR was an entertainer, but not a vocalist.  I didn't dislike VH when he was the lead, but I liked them a lot more when they were Van Hagar.  I know that I probably fall in the minority with that, but that's just my take :bc:

That's a first to me.  The singing I never cared about either way, but the guitar/drums/bass went downhill when DLR left.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I almost got booted from the dorms at NMU for blaring License To Ill at all hours while pounding quarter barrels.🤣👍🏼

41 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Gawd that was huge!  When it came out you couldn’t go to a party where the Beastie’s weren’t blaring. 

What a great time to be alive. :guzzle:

2 minutes ago, Bontz said:

You are right, Sammy is a much better singer than Roth. The frontman title goes to Roth. With that said I am partial to the Roth years. Van Halen, for me anyway has always been about Eddie ……King of the 6 string. :bc:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

That's a first to me.  The singing I never cared about either way, but the guitar/drums/bass went downhill when DLR left.

I'll just leave it with ... agree to disagree!! LOL

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

You’re entitled to your opinion but that’s a load of BS.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Majority of the small towns I’ve been through show all the signs of being ravaged by meth and fentanyl. 

10 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Nonsense. Some of the most fucked up shit goes down in small towns. You’re proof of that. 

Your generalization above is what’s nonsense and ignores some of the insanity happening in our urban areas.  “Majority of the small towns you’ve been through”, as if you’ve been able to do an analysis on all of them?  :lol: 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Your generalization above is what’s nonsense and ignores some of the insanity happening in our urban areas.  “Majority of the small towns you’ve been through”, as if you’ve been able to do an analysis on all of them?  :lol: 

There’s no analysis, only assumptions. :lmao:

6 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

What a great time to be alive. :guzzle:

You are right, Sammy is a much better singer than Roth. The frontman title goes to Roth. With that said I am partial to the Roth years. Van Halen, for me anyway has always been about Eddie ……King of the 6 string. :bc:

Sure was!  :bc: 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I did a quick search online, and the "Official Video" that's out there doesn't look like it's changed .... at least not yet? :dunno:

It was trending on YouTube music. Watched it last night.  Still had courthouse and blm footage 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Cold War said:

Yelling “Ali Baba and The Forty Thieves” at the top of our lungs….holy shit.😂🥴

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Bontz said:

37 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Van Halan was fine either way.  More of a Lead Zeppelin, Rush (yes Canadian), Aerosmith, BTO, Black Sabbath time for me.

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

There were some good songs after DLR left with Sammy at the front, but the over all ALBUM listening experience was certainly lacking.  I can listen to almost every single album end to end with DLR.

And you are right, when Eddie put that keyboard in front of himself, that took a lot away from their sound.  1984 is a great album, but that was certainly the beginning of their demise.  IMO.

I did see them live in Chicago at the Tinley Park outdoor amphitheater during their Balance tour (Little woman surprised me with tickets and a weekend adventure), and it was a damn good show.  Skid Row was the opener...  A few years later when they were at odds with each other playing at the Xcel Energy center in St. Paul, when Sammy was on stage, Eddie was not, and vice versa.  It was more of a Sammy Hagar/Van Halen twin billing!  LOL  

30 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I did a quick search online, and the "Official Video" that's out there doesn't look like it's changed .... at least not yet? :dunno:

I know this may sound crazy to you but did you try searching "Did Jason Aldean edit his video"? I caught a blip on the fake news on TV.