Check your account email address ×

gas tax hike?

Raise gas taxes while fuel is still relatively cheap.. then send oil prices skyrocketing like the 2000's!!!111 recipe for success!!!111

Just now, Anler said:

Raise gas taxes while fuel is still relatively cheap.. then send oil prices skyrocketing like the 2000's!!!111 recipe for success!!!111

Liberals in Canada have been playing that card for a while.

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Liberals in Canada have been playing that card for a while.

Liberals here do that too, only here they are called republicans...

Just now, Anler said:

Liberals here do that too, only here they are called republicans...

Cali just raised theirs. Ain't no republics in charge out there my friend. :lmao: 

• Gold Member
49 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Trump just opened up deep sea drilling again on US ocean territory I think

Yep. Wether it will come to fruition is another matter but its a good sign.

7 hours ago, Edmo said:

Cali just raised theirs. Ain't no republics in charge out there my friend. :lmao: 

Sure there are. Not all of California is Democrat, they are just different out there. 

Need to start charging some sort of taxes on EVs eventually too. I can see why they haven't yet as they were trying to incentivize people to buy them, but they do cause wear and tear on our roads as well

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, GGNHL said:

Need to start charging some sort of taxes on EVs eventually too. I can see why they haven't yet as they were trying to incentivize people to buy them, but they do cause wear and tear on our roads as well

Why don't we address the major wound before we worry about the paper cut?  Of course there are many R's who adhere to the Nordquist mindset of absolutely no new taxes.....but I'm sure somewhere in the fine print that only applies when a D is president . 

But then again with the clown in Washington we can roll back CAFE standards so we don't have to raise taxes :lol:

The biggest partisan hacks come out swinging.  This is something I want and support, but I'm still going to cry & bitch, because my team didn't propose it.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Cold War said:

The biggest partisan hacks come out swinging.  This is something I want and support, but I'm still going to cry & bitch, because my team didn't propose it.

you're a little slow my friend. the point, well mine anyway, is that I don't have a problem with this tax. but most repukes should, but don't, because their boy is in office now. had obama wanted a tax increase, most repukes would be bitching up a storm.

10 hours ago, Edmo said:

California libs should love this tax from Trump! Now they'll have double!

2 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

you're a little slow my friend. the point, well mine anyway, is that I don't have a problem with this tax. but most repukes should, but don't, because their boy is in office now. had obama wanted a tax increase, most repukes would be bitching up a storm.

No, I am spot on, but you really showed me with your non-partisan post!   

I'm glad you  "don't have a problem with this" ..............Must of hurt like a bitch heaping all that praise.  :lol: 

4 minutes ago, Cold War said:

No, I am spot on, but you really showed me with your non-partisan post!   

I'm glad you  "don't have a problem with this" ..............Must of hurt like a bitch heaping all that praise.  :lol: 

:lol: oh I get it now. pointing out hackery and double standards is being a hack and having double standards.

:lol:

House GOP leader sees gas tax as politically unfeasible

By Keith Laing - 06/22/15 09:00 AM EDT

"House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) said Monday that a gas tax hike is unlikely to be approved by Congress this year. 

Transportation advocates have pushed for a gas tax increase to help pay for an extension of an infrastructure funding measure that is scheduled to expire on July 31.

But McCarthy said in an interview with The Wall Street Journal on Monday that the reality of politics makes raising the gas tax unlikely. He went on to say that it will be difficult to come up with a funding source to pay for five years of highway funding."

http://thehill.com/policy/transportation/245684-mccarthy-on-gas-tax-politically-that-will-not-make-it

House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Rep. Paul Ryanpaul_ryan.jpg?itok=piwsczEyPaul RyanHow to end the abuse of must-pass legislationTrump, GOP off to a rocky startPence follows George H.W. Bush as vice president modelMORE (R-Wis.) said Wednesday that he is "against raising the gas tax" as lawmakers seek a solution for the looming gap in highway funding.

Transportation advocates have pushed for a gas tax increase to help pay for a long-term extension of an infrastructure funding measure that is scheduled to expire on July 31.

But Ryan started off a long-awaited hearing on the topic of infrastructure funding by ruling out such a hike. 

http://thehill.com/policy/transportation/245253-ryan-im-against-raising-the-gas-tax

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

what were you saying about my team not proposing it?