Check your account email address ×

gas tax hike?

4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

btw, had anyone else noticed how gas prices have been creeping up since donny took over? 

Ya like that has anything to do with Trump.

• Gold Member
10 minutes ago, Dave said:

It all ads up...youve obviously have always worked for the man.

Yep and it's all can be figured what the extra cost are per pound per mile.  It's very minimal increase to consumer.

8 minutes ago, Dave said:

It all ads up...youve obviously have always worked for the man.

The cost of doing business is passed on to the consumer.  I'm a consumer.  As Angry Ginger pointed out.  Fuel economy standards have doubled in 40 years.  Everyone is using half as much fuel as they used to.  One way to recover the lost revenue from higher CAFE is to increase the fuel tax.  I would support a $50/gal increase phased in over a few years.  I would propose that these taxes be used for roads, bridges and infrastructure but that may be a little harder to get passed.  

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

The cost of doing business is passed on to the consumer.  I'm a consumer.  As Angry Ginger pointed out.  Fuel economy standards have doubled in 40 years.  Everyone is using half as much fuel as they used to.  One way to recover the lost revenue from higher CAFE is to increase the fuel tax.  I would support a $50/gal increase phased in over a few years.  I would propose that these taxes be used for roads, bridges and infrastructure but that may be a little harder to get passed.  

Fuel economy for deisels has not increased.

Just now, Angry ginger said:

true trump takes credit for things that are none of his doing and ignores anything that he can;t lie about positively

DBA trump. he's only foolin his followers 

1 minute ago, Dave said:

Fuel economy for deisels has not increased.

from 40 years ago i would say there has been some increase but not like cars, from 10 years ago no-  that was probbaly the pinnacle of efficiency in big rigs before regulations made diesles crappier.   Eiher way big rigs destroy roads and need to help pay to rebuild them.  

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

from 40 years ago i would say there has been some increase but not like cars, from 10 years ago no-  that was probbaly the pinnacle of efficiency in big rigs before regulations made diesles crappier.   Eiher way big rigs destroy roads and need to help pay to rebuild them.  

Deisels have sipped fuel until about 04.

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

i didn't have too. 

I'm thinking you threw that statement out without thinking anyone would ask for proof or look at it for themselves, like usual.  

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

Emissions on newer diesels have raised operating and repair costs significantly.

And yes, big rigs should pay their fair share.  Same with DOT taking part of the blame.  I've never seen so much salt, brine, and god knows what thrown down on the roads as I did this winter.  That shit is eating cars and infrastructure alive. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

I thought infrastructure spending paid for itself in the magical unicorn multiplication effect of govt spending that the liberals always brag about. :lol:  You know where $1.00 in govt spending somehow leads to $3.00 of economic activity. :lol:  

No tax increases anywhere.  

Edited by Highmark

15 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I'm thinking you threw that statement out without thinking anyone would ask for proof or look at it for themselves, like usual.  

Emissions on newer diesels have raised operating and repair costs significantly.

And yes, big rigs should pay their fair share.  Same with DOT taking part of the blame.  I've never seen so much salt, brine, and god knows what thrown down on the roads as I did this winter.  That shit is eating cars and infrastructure alive. 

any idiot knows that they've gone up. sheesh 

http://www.your4state.com/news/maryland/the-nation-has-been-seeing-a-rise-in-gas-prices/704072700

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

republicans are now for higher taxes. you just can't make this shit up!! :lol:

It's called reaching across the aisle.  Finding middle ground.  You should be all for this new line of Republican thinking. :bc:  

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

It's called reaching across the aisle.  Finding middle ground.  You should be all for this new line of Republican thinking. :bc:  

Nah, it just strokes he ego to think he is someone's intellectual superior on the internets. 

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

no, it's called allegiances to trump. you're showing all the signs and i'm enjoying it. :)

Just now, racinfarmer said:

Nah, it just strokes he ego to think he is someone's intellectual superior on the internets. 

i only observe and comment. we can do that here you know? 

56 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

anything trump does they'll lap up. it's an amazing thing to watch. 

it really is.

55 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

btw, had anyone else noticed how gas prices have been creeping up since donny took over? 

meh, just coincidence. :handjob: