Check your account email address ×

we're literally drowning ourselves in debt

6 hours ago, Snake said:

Denying the facts is a poor defense.

Trying to be as out of context as AC.  For fucks sakes, pay attention.

4 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

precisely who deserved those unfunded Trump tax breaks you're a huge fan of?   

having a conversation with you at times is like negotiating with a toddler 

Toddlers are much more coherent.

I have listed the US Government revenue through the years.  Show me where tax cuts ever effected in NEGATIVELY.

You can't because the correlation doesn't exist.  Tax cuts help the working class of this country while at the same time doesn't effect the US Revenue.  The proof is in the numbers.  Anyone that is saying otherwise is an advocate for more taxes and more government spending programs

2 hours ago, racer254 said:

I have listed the US Government revenue through the years.  Show me where tax cuts ever effected in NEGATIVELY.

You can't because the correlation doesn't exist.  Tax cuts help the working class of this country while at the same time doesn't effect the US Revenue.  The proof is in the numbers.  Anyone that is saying otherwise is an advocate for more taxes and more government spending programs

Only you would would be dumb enough to think that stagnant gross YOY revenue proves that tax rates have no relation whatsoever to revenue.

Ever heard of the Laffer curve?  

As evidenced by the fact that our revenue as a percentage of GDP fell from 26.8% to 24.3% for the first year of the Trump tax cuts, we are clearly on the left side of the peak.  

laffer.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, racer254 said:

allow me to ask this... if spending is cut but the current tax rates don't change could you live with it? 

very simple question... 

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

allow me to ask this... if spending is cut but the current tax rates don't change could you live with it? 

very simple question... 

Yes, that is why I keep saying to SIGN THE BILL that the republicans put on the table.

Not one democrat will do what you just asked.

15 hours ago, racer254 said:

Yes, that is why I keep saying to SIGN THE BILL that the republicans put on the table.

Not one democrat will do what you just asked.

there ya go... we can find a resolution but they cannot.   and there's the f'ng problem.

this is why I keep saying the republicans as a party need to focus on economic matters rather than all the other bullshit flying around out there daily.  show the country you have a unified goal to reduce wasteful spending, point out the waste and how to pay the g'damn bills.   stay laser focused and the majority of the american public might actually start taking them seriously.   we spend far too much time in this country debating g'damn social issues but the bills keep coming in and the checkbook isn't being balanced. 

brand messaging is important and crucial and they've done an abysmal job of brand messaging over the past decade.    

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

there ya go... we can find a resolution but they cannot.   and there's the f'ng problem.

this is why I keep saying the republicans as a party need to focus on economic matters rather than all the other bullshit flying around out there daily.  show the country you have a unified goal to reduce wasteful spending, point out the waste and how to pay the g'damn bills.   stay laser focused and the majority of the american public might actually start taking them seriously.   we spend far too much time in this country debating g'damn social issues but the bills keep coming in and the checkbook isn't being balanced. 

brand messaging is important and crucial and they've done an abysmal job of brand messaging over the past decade.    

You based your last vote for SC on the abortion social issue.  And now you want to focus on the bills?  Seems a little hypocritical to me when it is what you and others in the public vote on.

• Like 2

You based your last vote for SC on the abortion social issue.  And now you want to focus on the bills?  Seems a little hypocritical to me when it is what you and others in the public vote on.

stop crying about it, what's done is done

• Gold Member
4 hours ago, racer254 said:

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

you got :owned:

:lol:

40 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

you got :owned:

:lol:

It's no secret, I voted for my wife and daughter.  He doesn't like it.  Tough titties.

State supreme court doesn't write tax laws or bills, so it's an idiotic argument.

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

4 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

It's no secret, I voted for my wife and daughter.  He doesn't like it.  Tough titties.

State supreme court doesn't write tax laws or bills, so it's an idiotic argument.

Well, you sir are a hypocrite.  Now we all know it's no secret karen.

Well, you sir are a hypocrite.  Now we all know it's no secret karen.

So the guy who said something like," don't worry about debt and deficit that isn't going to get paid back" is now worried about both isn't a hypocrite?

19 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Thats hilarious, given the Democrats are still losing their shit over the Dobbs decision.  You want to abort your baby in a state that has banned or limited the procedure, go another state and stfu.  Most states still allow it, speaking of stop crying about it.

On 5/17/2023 at 1:23 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

precisely who deserved those unfunded Trump tax breaks you're a huge fan of?   

having a conversation with you at times is like negotiating with a toddler 

Who thinks in those terms?  Yet more evidence that you work in the public sector, and dependant on taxpayers for your salary.  I was married to a teacher, you think just like she did.  The middle class got a long overdue tax break, it stimulated the economy, and that is a fact.  Government is too bag and taxes too much, that is also a fact.

On 5/17/2023 at 1:53 PM, Steve753 said:

That's because they are.  The wealthy should pay the most tax. Not the middle class.

They already do, and have for years.

6 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Who thinks in those terms?  Yet more evidence that you work in the public sector, and dependant on taxpayers for your salary.  I was married to a teacher, you think just like she did.  The middle class got a long overdue tax break, it stimulated the economy, and that is a fact.  Government is too bag and taxes too much, that is also a fact.

did you by chance read the preceding nine pages?  

• Like 1

On 5/19/2023 at 7:59 AM, racer254 said:

The amount of abortions is inversely proportional to the number of children.  More children leads to greater government spending, higher property taxes, etc.  Ergo, you just owned yourself as a hypocrite :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Deephaven said:

He's never shown he can comprehend anything he reads, not sure why you'd expect him to start now.

Oh its pretty clear who can't read or understand anything.  All you have is insults.  I have opinions and at least give the basis for them.  And I'm more than happy to return the insults, Dork Haven.  :lol:   Anyone who describes a tax cut as an Unfunded tax break immediately shows that they lean left and rely on government largesse (ie public sector), and it also convenient leaves out the stimulative effect of those tax cuts which resulted in almost 4 trillion (depending on which estimate you believe) repatriated from foreign countries back to our economy and MORE revenues to the iRS. 

14 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Oh its pretty clear who can't read or understand anything.  All you have is insults.  I have opinions and at least give the basis for them.  And I'm more than happy to return the insults, Dork Haven.  :lol:   Anyone who describes a tax cut as an Unfunded tax break immediately shows that they lean left and rely on government largesse (ie public sector), and it also convenient leaves out the stimulative effect of those tax cuts which resulted in almost 4 trillion (depending on which estimate you believe) repatriated from foreign countries back to our economy and MORE revenues to the iRS. 

Screenshot_20230426-101520.thumb.png.978922e48e7a08aa8b0ec261aca83358.png

but moron has opinions...

As of April 2023 it costs $460 billion to maintain the debt, which is 13% of the total federal spending. The national debt has increased every year over the past ten years.

9 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Screenshot_20230426-101520.thumb.png.978922e48e7a08aa8b0ec261aca83358.png

but moron has opinions...

As of April 2023 it costs $460 billion to maintain the debt, which is 13% of the total federal spending. The national debt has increased every year over the past ten years.

Cut spending.  Cut it hard.  Why are we sending billions to foreign countries, and keeping NATO, UN, and all these other organizations afloat?  We can post charts and varying metrics all day long.  See if you can get your hands on JP Morgans quarterly "Guide to the Markets".  Its full of them including above.

Edited by DriftBusta

3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Cut spending.  Cut it hard.  Why are we sending billions to foreign countries, and keeping NATO, UN, and all these other organizations afloat?  We can post charts and varying metrics all day long.  See if you can get your hands on JP Morgans quarterly "Guide to the Markets".  Its full of them including above.

sure, cut spending... did you read the previous nine pages yet?  how do you feel about increasing military spending?  does a simple chart challenge your brain and opinions?    

both democrats and republicans have kicked the can down the road since the GW Bush administration... that's Bush2, Obama, Trump and Biden spending and neither party has addressed the debt.  if you are unable to see that, I can't help you. 

by not paying our debt (as pointed out) 13% of each tax dollar you, I or anyone else pays to the federal government is interest. 

13%

feel free to post whatever JPM chart you like which shows how to at least reduce that %