Check your account email address ×

are we as a society crazier and less kind today than we were three years ago?

crazier  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Yay or Nay?

between a worldwide pandemic, the current and previous potus, thanks to politics, religion and the internet I feel society has greatly degraded and divided the united states, and possibly the world.  

I was raised with manners... please, thank you, yes ma'am no sir were part of my vocabulary growing up... I sense we've lost tremendous ground on the front of common courtesy and decency. 

I have no solution or cure for this affliction but leadership, decency and concern for others begins and ends at the top. 

Open a door for someone, or a group of people and see what the response is at your next opportunity. 

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

• Crnr2Crnr changed the title to are we as a society crazier and less kind today than we were three years ago?
  • Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

between a worldwide pandemic, the current and previous potus, thanks to politics, religion and the internet I feel society has greatly degraded and divided the united states, and possibly the world.  

I was raised with manners... please, thank you, yes ma'am no sir were part of my vocabulary growing up... I sense we've lost tremendous ground on the front of common courtesy and decency. 

I have no solution or cure for this affliction but leadership, decency and concern for others begins and ends at the top. 

Open a door for someone, or a group of people and see what the response is at your next opportunity. 

Fuck, where have you been the past 30 years?? You're just talking the last 3?? Seriously:lol: 

Do you live in the middle of the woods or something? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Fuck, where have you been the past 30 years?? You're just talking the last 3?? Seriously:lol: 

Do you live in the middle of the woods or something? 

honestly in my lifetime I feel the division and media split really began around Clinton, then got worse with Bush, went full throttle during Obama, we had pistons exploding during Trump and now there's rods hanging out of the block with Biden... not to let Kennedy, LBJ, Nixon, Ford, Reagan or Bush1 off the hook.  maybe the tv age of Kennedy started it... but people, and I include myself at times have become more selfish and less observant of others more in the past three years than the 50 preceding them. 

Democrats have become more extreme in many ways. They are the root of all evil and to blame mostly for the shit show that is the USA today. 

• Thanks 2

The uptick in violence is mainly caused by a lack of enforcement.The catch and release programs by DA’s are recycling criminals back to the street. We don’t have a lot more bad people, just a lack of will in keeping the bad people locked up. Downstream effects have already emboldened those that may have thought about acting badly, but didn’t due to a fear of consequences. Those individuals are now crossing some lines. People bitch about America having a lot of individuals in prison. There was a lot of people in prison because there’s a lot of bad people. America is an inherently violent culture. It’s in our DNA. Those that cross lines must be dealt with. Either pay to keep people behind bars or deal with the cost of letting them run free. 

Edited by spin_dry
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Steve753 said:

Democrats have become more extreme in many ways. They are the root of all evil and to blame mostly for the shit show that is the USA today. 

Jeeze for a while I thought you had taken leave of your senses and forgotten all that.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Steve753 said:

Did someone hack your account?

:lol:

2 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

You guys will hate this but try to digest the point he is trying to make.

VDH is awesome, a national treasure.  2 good reads.....Leftist politics are a cancer in our country.

VICTOR DAVIS HANSON: Our French Revolution | The Daily Caller

Black Grievance Politics Is Destroying Civilization › American Greatness (amgreatness.com)

Crime....completely agree with Spin.  Most effective way to reduce crime is keeping bad people locked up. 

Division....Social, MS media and politicians stoking the fires.  We have far more access to what people are really like these days right at our fingertips.  From "Karens" to people who brag on Facebook about everything from their kids to lifestyle to seeing crime every single day.   We hear much more complaining about life as well.

Edited by Highmark

Some points in the video that need to be emphasized.

1/2 of the homeless in the US live in California.

1/3 of welfare recipients in the US live in California.

Think long and hard about that the next time you hear about either of those across the rest of the US.

• Like 1

Technically I’m homeless. No home address and have less than $200 in fixed, monthly expenses. WRS and SS send me a check every month. It’s pretty cool. No lawn to mow. Roof to fix. 

3 hours ago, Highmark said:

Crime....completely agree with Spin.  Most effective way to reduce crime is keeping bad people locked up. 

Division....Social, MS media and politicians stoking the fires.  We have far more access to what people are really like these days right at our fingertips.  From "Karens" to people who brag on Facebook about everything from their kids to lifestyle to seeing crime every single day.   We hear much more complaining about life as well.

when I was a kid you had to write a letter to the editor and get it published in the paper for others to see your opinion. 

no likes back then either...

16 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Why are you leaving the most divisive president in my life off your list ? He lit this fuse 

41 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

I'll say it again:  It is the decline of moral and ethical integrity.  Throw in no consequences for ones own actions, and bam.  Here we are.

There’s some evidence of that when it comes to nonviolent crimes. But for violent crimes it’s mostly the same bad people doing most of the damage. They require longer sentences to keep ‘em out of circulation. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Why are you leaving the most divisive president in my life off your list ? He lit this fuse 

laughing-barack-obama.gif

got my phone taken away just before I could post that... :(

• Haha 2

Just now, Roosting said:

Social media has spawned the grievance group apocalypse. 

Everyone and their dog needs to have a cause now days. Some get too wound up and act out.

This is the new trend that I see.

lot of victims out there... 

25 minutes ago, Roosting said:

Social media has spawned the grievance group apocalypse. 

Everyone and their dog needs to have a cause now days. Some get too wound up and act out.

This is the new trend that I see.

True - there ARE people out there who just look for a reason to be offended.  And unfortunately, some of them scream loud enough to get the attention they so desperately need.

19 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

lot of victims out there... 

I guess if you say so.

Take the enviro nazis as an example. You get a group of them together and things get burned down trees get spiked equipment is destroyed. Take that same mindset and put it in different grievance groups and bam you see what we see today. 

Kids in school get brought up in this environment of having a cause, grow up, and then act out because their entire life is only that single cause, and it consumes them.

Might not be the entire issue but it is a part of it. JMO

1 minute ago, Roosting said:

I guess if you say so.

Take the enviro nazis as an example. You get a group of them together and things get burned down trees get spiked equipment is destroyed. Take that same mindset and put it in different grievance groups and bam you see what we see today. 

Kids in school get brought up in this environment of having a cause, grow up, and then act out because their entire life is only that single cause, and it consumes them.

Might not be the entire issue but it is a part of it. JMO

maybe it's because of the filthy hippie turned greedy boomers we let ruin the country? 

something to consider...