Check your account email address ×

2024 Sleds... what's coming

5 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I know of a new Ctech 600 with an 'issue' that needs a teardown along with a few other members here. 

Both Polaris and Doo's 600's are reliable and make about the same power.  If anyone thinks the new Cat 600 is going to make Polaris 650 power they've been sniffing glue.

One of his turds has a higher IQ than you.

I wouldn't buy a Ctech 8000 for any reason.  They perform well for an 800 but I don't trust them, which is far more important to me.

Agree, but a fleet of old ass draggers at a pit stop draws a bigger crowd and more attention... which must really crush some egos.  :lol:

I think the 3 sleds I've had that have drawn the most attention at trailside stops were the 02 Sno Pro (Firecat), 08 SnoPro, and 81 Trailcat.

• Like 1

Breaking News From Blue Balls Business Insider:

Arctic Cat and Yamaha have agreed to a new contract in which Arctic Cat will supply Yamaha with the Catalyst chassis. Yamaha are free to tweak and update the chassis however they see fit and are planning on releasing a 933cc Triple 2-Stroke Turbo with ball juice injected cooling systems to keep the Turbo spinning quality blue ball juice up to 50,000 feet above sea level!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

I think the 3 sleds I've had that have drawn the most attention at trailside stops were the 02 Sno Pro (Firecat), 08 SnoPro, and 81 Trailcat.

Last weekend a group walks in a bar as we're about to leave, guy walks in and says who's Jag is that out there?

The time before we were having lunch lunch and watched a group come in and look the Jag all over for a while and even took some pictures.

That doesn't happen with anything new that's for sure 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Last weekend a group walks in a bar as we're about to leave, guy walks in and says who's Jag is that out there?

The time before we were having lunch lunch and watched a group come in and look the Jag all over for a while and even took some pictures.

That doesn't happen with anything new that's for sure 

My friends and I always discuss the unique or super common but old sleds we see out riding. 

Another 850 Polaris or Doo?  Yawn

The Doo that raced the Iron Dog or the group of 2 dozen 90's Polaris or the guys out on the old leafers?  That is interesting to me.

My RXC's draw comments either about the blue skis or the seat.  Usually the seat.

Edited by racinfarmer
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Who the heck is buying a Yamaha still?  Why?  Only possible reason I can think of is they have a Yamaha dealer next door that they like.  But they still won't have the experience servicing them that a normal dealer would and probably DGAF.

Why does Yamaha keep pretending they're still in the game anyway?  It's kind of sad and pathetic just make a silent exit and nobody will even notice 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

My friends and I always discuss the unique or super common but old sleds we see out riding. 

The Doo that raced the Iron Dog or the group of 2 dozen 90's Polaris or the guys out on the old leafers?  That is interesting to me.

Yep.  We were at a warming shack in the trail and the groups of old sleds come by there's usually some waving and we'll talk about the machines after they go by.  A group of new sleds roll by and we don't even talk about them, just not interesting or worth mentioning 

12 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Who the heck is buying a Yamaha still?  Why?  Only possible reason I can think of is they have a Yamaha dealer next door that they like.  But they still won't have the experience servicing them that a normal dealer would and probably DGAF.

Why does Yamaha keep pretending they're still in the game anyway?  It's kind of sad and pathetic just make a silent exit and nobody will even notice 

Seen quite a few new Yamaha's this past year. I guess some still do. We need all 4 manufacturers.

4 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Seen quite a few new Yamaha's this past year. I guess some still do. We need all 4 manufacturers.

Yamaha isn't a snowmobile manufacturer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Not greg b said:

Probably polar bears and albino rhinos down by the river 

Albino deer are reincarnated voodoo priests 

49 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I'd wander over for a look at those.  The 720 gets a little attention on occasion... probably because of the ice fisherman special windshield.  :lol:

44 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

Breaking News From Blue Balls Business Insider:

Arctic Cat and Yamaha have agreed to a new contract in which Arctic Cat will supply Yamaha with the Catalyst chassis. Yamaha are free to tweak and update the chassis however they see fit and are planning on releasing a 933cc Triple 2-Stroke Turbo with ball juice injected cooling systems to keep the Turbo spinning quality blue ball juice up to 50,000 feet above sea level!

I don't believe you 

37 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

My RXC's draw comments either about the blue skis or the seat.  Usually the seat.

The seat is cut that way as a place to park your enormous testes.

36 minutes ago, mnstang said:

the Yamaha dealer over here does quite well.  those big farm boys over 300lbs love the big 4S turbos for racing across potato fields.  @Badger** can attest to that. 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

That is an opinion I guess. 

Arctic Cat manufactures the snowmobiles with Yamaha branding.  Yamaha does not manufacture them.  Not opinion.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Arctic Cat manufactures the snowmobiles with Yamaha branding.  Yamaha does not manufacture them.  Not opinion.

Yamaha has their own people there watching the line when the Yamaha's are on it. Cat and Yamaha are separate companies using the same line to build there sleds. I am not going to argue it. 

51 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Oh.... I thought you were talking about Cat......

But you do make a reasonable point. It made some sense when Cat was actually using a fair number of Yamaha engines and Yamaha was receiving the Procross in return. I don't understand the arrangement at all now..... It seems lop sided no matter how you look at it. 

10 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Albino deer are reincarnated voodoo priests 

I'd wander over for a look at those.  The 720 gets a little attention on occasion... probably because of the ice fisherman special windshield.  :lol:

I don't believe you 

The seat is cut that way as a place to park your enormous testes.

the Yamaha dealer over here does quite well.  those big farm boys over 300lbs love the big 4S turbos for racing across potato fields.  @Badger** can attest to that. 

The 02 and 08 were new, so no one in our area had seen anything like them at the time.

2 minutes ago, jdsky said:

For me looking at vintage sleds on the trails or stops is interesting and cool, riding them not so much.

Depends on how you ride them. 

I did a 90 mile round trip on the Trailcat and made it fun. 

The cleats kept it interesting being able to powerslide corners WFO with 340cc's of worn out fury and keep it pinned until the next corner.  Should have blown it up that day.  Wish I had a way to data log how I rode that day!

The ride I did this year was place bets on breakdowns, ride 5-8 miles, have a drink, repeat until you were back where you started.  Fun times at 15mph.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

You also claim to see tons of Blasts.......

Credibility = Zero

I see an occasional Sidewinder and older Viper, but very few brand new Yamahas. Not even the FIB's will buy them any more....

9 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Yamaha has their own people there watching the line when the Yamaha's are on it. Cat and Yamaha are separate companies using the same line to build there sleds. I am not going to argue it. 

do they bring in an entire shift of Japanese Yamaha employees to put the stickers on the exact same (not blue) sleds Cat sells?     🤔

• Confused 1

Just now, Ziemann said:

You also claim to see tons of Blasts.......

Credibility = Zero

I see an occasional Sidewinder and older Viper, but very few brand new Yamahas. Not even the FIB's will buy them any more....

I doubt you even ride. Zero credibility my ASS!

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

do they bring in an entire shift of Japanese Yamaha employees to put the stickers on the exact same (not blue) sleds Cat sells?     🤔

Racist much? Yamaha Employees do not have to be Japanese the last I checked.

• Haha 1

Just now, ZR6000RR said:

I doubt you even ride. Zero credibility my ASS!

that old fucker probably rides harder, longer and faster on an average trail ride than you ever have in your life. 

he's ridden with @Zambroski and lived to tell about it.  :roflcrying:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ZR6000RR said:

Racist much? Yamaha Employees do not have to be Japanese the last I checked.

Blazing Saddles is my favorite movie... 🤔 

Tell us more about the Yamaha employees that assemble Yamahas on Cat's assembly line ... :lol2: