2024 Sleds... what's coming

18 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

lot's of options... engine, colors, track, windshield, etc., etc., etc.

Cat... this is it, take it or leave it.  

They sell as many as they can produce doing what they're doing.  So there's no point to further complicating things.  All those Polaris' were ugly anyway.

Colors are neato I guess but that's a minor perk it is not a reason I choose a machine.  

Zr,6000 is breaking all of your brains you guys are so obsessed with him it's pretty pathetic and he stands up to all of you guys, that is pretty funny 

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

Zr,6000 is breaking all of your brains you guys are so obsessed with him it's pretty pathetic and he stands up to all of you guys, that is pretty funny 

he's so popular here we've started a fan club... ;)

at least AK440 is witty

21 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

lot's of options... engine, colors, track, windshield, etc., etc., etc.

Cat... this is it, take it or leave it.  

Yup..... and then hold your hand on your ass waiting to see when it will show up..................

20 hours ago, Kevin said:

It’s fair to say Poo has done a far better job with spring order options.   Cat used to offer color and graphics options.   They were great.   Loved the fighter pilot in gray.  

Agree Poo does have the spring order deal done right....

2 hours ago, mnstang said:

They sell as many as they can produce doing what they're doing.  So there's no point to further complicating things.  All those Polaris' were ugly anyway.

Colors are neato I guess but that's a minor perk it is not a reason I choose a machine.  

I agree. At this point Cat is selling all they can produce. And, as much as I like color options, having 2 or 3 choices would be good. And Cat is allowing you "add" different windshields, bumpers, bags, etc when you "build and price" the sled ... but these will come as accessories the dealer orders in addition to the stock ones that come on the sled.

However, I would really like to be able to have track choices. Or at least do the track swap program they used to do... I'm not a fan of the RipSaw2 personally and would swap to the Cobra if I could.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, taperk600 said:

Yup..... and then hold your hand on your ass waiting to see when it will show up..................

I agree. At this point Cat is selling all they can produce. And, as much as I like color options, having 2 or 3 choices would be good. And Cat is allowing you "add" different windshields, bumpers, bags, etc when you "build and price" the sled ... but these will come as accessories the dealer orders in addition to the stock ones that come on the sled.

However, I would really like to be able to have track choices. Or at least do the track swap program they used to do... I'm not a fan of the RipSaw2 personally and would swap to the Cobra if I could.

Word from an Arctic Rep when they had the Catalyst sleds at Eagle River is they are only producing 6000 Catalyst sleds.  

11 hours ago, krom said:

Another $500.. 

Screenshot_20230311-221516.png

Where's the rebate???

You keep posting this as if it's a bad thing.  Since when is having leftover sleds at the end of the season bad for customers?  Pre-scamdemic everyone expected leftovers and an option to score a new sled at a good price.  In low snow years there were just more models to choose from and at even deeper discounts.

Dealers can sell their shit for whatever price they want to.

2 hours ago, taperk600 said:

with certainty... they've screwed over snowcheck customers in favor of producing dealer floor stock models how many years in a row now?  wonder how many will be getting their $1500 next winter when they're delayed yet again.

Poo's snowcheck options are without question fantastic for someone who wants their sled a specific way.  If Doo and Poo can offer two or three tracks per model, why can't Cat do... something for their snowcheck customers?  :dunno:

I much prefer the Cobra as well, which only comes on the RXC trail models.  Rip2 on hardpack isn't horrible but in loose snow it's shit.  P&D are also smart in offering their customers ice tracks as not everyone wants to have to stud their sleds.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2023 at 11:43 AM, Kevin said:

It’s fair to say Poo has done a far better job with spring order options.   Cat used to offer color and graphics options.   They were great.   Loved the fighter pilot in gray.  

The early years of the Firecat, with the 4 different graphics packages,  which also included the color options to go with the graphics package ... those were some of the best!  I still regret getting rid of my Dad's F6 Nightfire - but he just wasn't ready for that chassis.

On 3/11/2023 at 10:48 AM, Crnr2Crnr said:

hey ummm... did Polaris copy the GRAY so many Cat owners were complaining about?  :ashamed:

1678553134653-productstill.png

1678553338171-productstill.png

That’s for all the Cat owners switching that said they loved the Gray, I see they also put a little green on to help ease their transition. For the rest of us, we have color choices. 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

I believe Jim @ZR6000RR went to great lengths to defend Cat's primer gray..... I thought it sucked. Now Polaris? WTF.....that color combo still sucks. Fortunately, primer gray isn't the underlying theme for all of their sleds like it was for Cat. 

At least with the Polaris, you have a choice. Thank god Cat left that color phase behind....

1678553134653-productstill.png.694b4398ae2967849e6dc0e79a368044.png

1678553338171-productstill.png.23b1437b7fc9ca24c4ef518cfba50564.png

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

I believe Jim @ZR6000RR went to great lengths to defend Cat's primer gray..... I thought it sucked. Now Polaris? WTF.....that color combo still sucks. Fortunately, primer gray isn't the underlying theme for all of their sleds like it was for Cat. 

At least with the Polaris, you have a choice. Thank god Cat left that color phase behind....

1678553338171-productstill.png.23b1437b7fc9ca24c4ef518cfba50564.png

Cat had other colors with the grey. Orange and green.:stirthepot:

Edited by ZR6000RR
  • Haha 1

My Cat Alterra 700 is also gray.....

I think Cat would have been OK had there been more contrast against the gray colors that Cat was using. At least the Polaris is using more contrast against the gray. 

201609130824341.jpg

3 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

My Cat Alterra 700 is also gray.....

I think Cat would have been OK had there been more contrast against the gray colors that Cat was using. At least the Polaris is using more contrast against the gray. 

201609130824341.jpg

Do you drive color? I don't.  

Just now, Ziemann said:

As you can tell, I am obviously opposed to gray....  :-p

20211230_130908.jpg.a8b3907fc8e86f60fd5031585ab24b38.jpg

Does color make it run better? Ride better?

In all honesty, the Blue on my ordered Catalyst was the first sled I chose a color. 

I think that blue Catalyst at least in the pictures was pretty subdued. My guess is that it pops pretty well in the bright sunlight?

Edited by Ziemann

14 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Does color make it run better? Ride better?

In all honesty, the Blue on my ordered Catalyst was the first sled I chose a color. 

There have been sleds that 100% caught my attention due to graphics and color, and as a result I purchased. 

Obviously, they had other major attributes that sealed the deal, but the color or graphics did get my attention. 

DSC02874.JPG

DSC02579.JPG

98zr600_0c2.jpg

Edited by Ziemann

11 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

I think that blue Catalyst at least in the pictures was pretty subdued. My guess is that it pops pretty well in the bright sunlight?

is it Yamaha blue?  :)