2024 Sleds... what's coming

10 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Yamaha has their own people there watching the line when the Yamaha's are on it. Cat and Yamaha are separate companies using the same line to build there sleds. I am not going to argue it. 

They're built in the Arctic Cat plant in Thief River Falls, MN.  They are a blue Arctic Cat with Yamaha stickers put on.  They even have blue models now with the 800 cat engine made in st cloud.

Yes they are separate companies.  The sleds are all Arctic Cats.  Do you think the Bass Pro trackers are their own manufacturer too?

Yamaha didn't design or even assemble the sleds.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

that old fucker probably rides harder, longer and faster on an average trail ride than you ever have in your life. 

he's ridden with @Zambroski and lived to tell about it.  :roflcrying:

True. And @D-rail & @X2700. And some here that (Jim's unaware of) were a part of Cat's glory factory racing days.....lurking..... 

BTW- @Zambroski occasionally survives a ride uninjured and without an insurance claim.....

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, mnstang said:

They're built in the Arctic Cat plant in Thief River Falls, MN.  They are a blue Arctic Cat with Yamaha stickers put on.  They even have blue models now with the 800 cat engine made in st cloud.

Yes they are separate companies.  The sleds are all Arctic Cats.  Do you think the Bass Pro trackers are their own manufacturer too?

Yamaha didn't design or even assemble the sleds.  

The plastic is slightly different as well on the full sized Yamaha's. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Blazing Saddles is my favorite movie... 🤔 

Tell us more about the Yamaha employees that assemble Yamahas on Cat's assembly line ... :lol2:

They don't assemble.  They just watch the Cat employees assemble the cats before they have the Yamaha transitioning blue plastics put on.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

True. And @D-rail & @X2700. And some here that (Jim's unaware of) were a part of Cat's glory factory racing days.....lurking..... 

BTW- @Zambroski occasionally survives a ride uninjured and without an insurance claim.....

Screen shot taken... He'll probably call you in five minutes. :roflcrying:

6 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

The plastic is slightly different as well on the full sized Yamaha's. 

Oh? 

:news:

5 minutes ago, mnstang said:

They don't assemble.  They just watch the Cat employees assemble the cats before they have the Yamaha transitioning blue plastics put on.

Sounds like a concentration camp 

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

Who the heck is buying a Yamaha still?  Why?  Only possible reason I can think of is they have a Yamaha dealer next door that they like.  But they still won't have the experience servicing them that a normal dealer would and probably DGAF.

Why does Yamaha keep pretending they're still in the game anyway?  It's kind of sad and pathetic just make a silent exit and nobody will even notice 

I think Yamaha likes to screw with their own customers. Last year they sold out quickly and will do the same this year. Dealers and customers want more product. Somehow textron and yamaha can't seem to get it done.

30 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Blazing Saddles is my favorite movie... 🤔 

Tell us more about the Yamaha employees that assemble Yamahas on Cat's assembly line ... :lol2:

And I'm sure doo sends their managers in too on the yellow 120/200 days. The factory is like an open gym basketball court. Whoever has next gets to run the plant that day and make their sleds.

:smack:

• Haha 3

*scratches head*

Hmmmm... There's Limited production capacity on the new Catalyst chassis that very few seemed to be able to order. THEN, some say that overall sales for model year '24 may actually go down due to their production constraints.

Then when those very few sleds sold out quickly, and people here have spun that info in to a successful launch. 

Am I understanding correctly?

:ashamed:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

I think Yamaha likes to screw with their own customers. Last year they sold out quickly and will do the same this year. Dealers and customers want more product. Somehow textron and yamaha can't seem to get it done.

Yamaha isn’t building anything. They are writing a check for the least amount of sleds they can. The only reason they are still in the sled market is to keep the Yamaha customer in the Yamaha dealer for all their toys. They start going to other brands they may switch to something else 

3 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

And I'm sure doo sends their managers in too on the yellow 120/200 days. The factory is like an open gym basketball court. Whoever has next gets to run the plant that day and make their sleds.

:smack:

Lot of people call in sick when the French Canadians come to town...

42 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Depends on how you ride them. 

I did a 90 mile round trip on the Trailcat and made it fun. 

The cleats kept it interesting being able to powerslide corners WFO with 340cc's of worn out fury and keep it pinned until the next corner.  Should have blown it up that day.  Wish I had a way to data log how I rode that day!

The ride I did this year was place bets on breakdowns, ride 5-8 miles, have a drink, repeat until you were back where you started.  Fun times at 15mph.

No 90 mile rides on those for me anymore.  We just sold the last of our vintage machines a couple weeks ago.  79' 5500.  503cc of air cooled awesome.  I could definitely ride it down the road and back or across the fields but on the trails?  I would be laid up for a few weeks recovering.  Messed my back up several years ago and if not for modern suspensions sledding wouldn't even be in the cards anymore. 

Looking at the machines we used to ride is great nostalgia though.  Mostly for the stories surrounding those rides.

2 minutes ago, jdsky said:

No 90 mile rides on those for me anymore.  We just sold the last of our vintage machines a couple weeks ago.  79' 5500.  503cc of air cooled awesome.  I could definitely ride it down the road and back or across the fields but on the trails?  I would be laid up for a few weeks recovering.  Messed my back up several years ago and if not for modern suspensions sledding wouldn't even be in the cards anymore. 

Looking at the machines we used to ride is great nostalgia though.  Mostly for the stories surrounding those rides.

and inevitable break downs...

💡 maybe that's part of the problem with this sport... sleds are too comfortable and reliable in turn making snowmobiling more enjoyable for the IDIOTS of society to join in the fun.  when I was a kid... if you didn't know how to work on your sled you likely didn't do very much riding.     

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

and inevitable break downs...

No shit.  Some of the best stories for us involve a 97' cougar.  It was a sled my brother would loan out to buddies coming with us on trips back in those days.  It was wrecked so many times we lost count.  Always something epic.  That sled got towed back a bunch but also just kept on running. 

That 550 liquid zuk was a runner but we could not keep drive bearings in that sled due to all the wrecks.  Based on all the late 90's stuff we still see on the trails I'm sure someone is out there somewhere still putting miles on it.

2 hours ago, mnstang said:

Who the heck is buying a Yamaha still?  

Why does Yamaha keep pretending they're still in the game anyway?  

Because people like you keep pretending the Sidewinder doesn't slaughter everyone on high speed trails and when modded is absolutely untouchable.

14 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

Because people like you keep pretending the Sidewinder doesn't slaughter everyone on high speed trails and when modded is absolutely untouchable.

So that's why pretend they're still in the game?  I'm flattered.

31 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

Precisely where are these trails where people are getting slaughtered by turbo Yamacats?  

Sounds like some sort of fantasy... is this like some unsanctioned race where egos get crushed along with dreams?  

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, mnstang said:

Who the heck is buying a Yamaha still?  Why?  Only possible reason I can think of is they have a Yamaha dealer next door that they like. 

Because they are the same as Cats, but better looking.

1 hour ago, stinkipinki said:

You can put Jimwit on a highly modded one and I will grab my son's snoscoot and still beat him through the trails.  The sled doesn't make a rider and the sidewinder is far from agile.