Check your account email address ×

Getting that time of year....predictions on 2024 snowmobiles.

29 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

Your 780 isn't stock if it would run that. Would have to be 190-200 hp.

Well yeah it doesn’t take much to get 180-190 hp out of a pump gas 780-809 anymore 

• Platinum Contributing Member
34 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

The claim was if you are riding the same speed trail wise the big bore always wins the battle of fuel and oil. I beat him on both. I don't need the extra 30% as I am not trying to hide any shortcomings like some of you obviously are.

I've never heard that before.  :lol:  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Saw somebody on HCS hoping for the Dynamix Active Suspension on Polaris sleds so maybe that’s a possibility.

I'm sure we'll see the "smart shocks" in something .... probably the XCR.  And the 7s will get updated to a new 11" screen, which will probably cost another $500 more than the 7s goes for already.  You won't see a Boost XCR, and I kind of doubt you'll see a 9R XCR either, but that would be the one flatland model to get the 9R, if it goes into anything.

Prices will be insane, no matter what model is purchased.  We were laughing about thinking it was stupid to spend $8K or $9K back in the early 2000's ... it won't be long and we'll be seeing close to $30K the way things are going.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Dude....I've had a 300+ HP winder since 2018....I've forgotten more about them than you will ever know.   You compared stock sleds to a boosted turbo....it is retarded. 

The Boost comes factory with a turbo.
The Sidewinder comes factory with a turbo.
The Mach Z comes factory with a turbo.

In stock form, im sure its very close.
Comparing them stock vs stock, or modded vs stock, or modded vs modded, is most definitely not retarded, unless your a little bitch boy.
The Boost and Mach Z two-strokes are nearly maxed out, folks having trouble getting a reliable 240HP out of a Mach Z and Boost. While the 998 is buzzing along with a 340HP tune for 15,000 miles and still runs strong. Yamaha know more about precision 4-stroke design then Polaris or Doo ever will. Yamaha's 998 made a 150HP in 2006. Polaris's 998 this year makes 90HP.

Edited by stinkipinki

13 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

Comparing them stock vs stock, or modded vs stock, or modded vs modded, is most definitely not retarded, unless your a little bitch boy.
The Boost and Mach Z two-strokes are nearly maxed out, folks having trouble getting a reliable 240HP out of a Mach Z and Boost. While the 998 is buzzing along with a 340HP tune for 15,000 miles and still runs strong. Yamaha know more about precision 4-stroke design then Polaris or Doo ever will. Yamaha's 998 made a 150HP in 2006. Polaris's 998 this year makes 90HP.

Wrong.

Edited by J. Jackson

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

Well to start the Mach Z isn't a 2 stroke.  :lol:  

Your one post made is seem you were comparing the 2 stock to a boosted winder.   

I'm not questioning the reliability of anything and the 998's are awesome and yes Yamaha is significantly ahead of anyone in 4 stroke motors.   That said a highly boosted boost going against similarly studded boosted winders in the 280-300 range fits in 500-600 ft. 

Been around the sledding game a long time and as soon as you think you're fast someone beats you.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

Lol edited your comment huh? And just left 'wrong' in there as you got nothing to say? Wanna know why?
Yeah, its all 100% fact, so boo ya biatch.

I edited because I forgot to bold the Machz being a 2 stroke. I thought wrong would be enough to show your mistake.

I never said the Mach z or Boost were, or were not two-strokes. You can chalk that one up to the little voice in your head. As far as that trashy youtube video, which is just drag racing, which is more about traction then anything,  thats the desperate reach of a reply I was expecting to get.

Edit: Didn't see your last bit:
Yes, a maxed boost or machz might touch a 280HP winder, but your talking a maxed out sled vs a sled with another 100HP on tap if needed.

Edited by stinkipinki

1 minute ago, J. Jackson said:

Got nothing to say?

I've said my piece, which is inarguable cause its the truth.
You replied with a desperation Youtube video and some crap about a maxed Boost against a 280HP Winder, which is barely modding one of them. Just shuddup already.

4 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

I never said the Mach z or Boost were, or were not two-strokes. You can chalk that one up to the little voice in your head. As far as that trashy youtube video, which is just drag racing, which is more about traction then anything,  thats the desperate reach of a reply I was expecting to get.

Yes, a maxed boost or machz might touch a 280HP winder, but your talking a maxed out sled vs a sled with another 100HP on tap if needed.

The winder ain’t getting anywhere near 380 without a massive investment. Have you ever owned and ridden any of these sleds cause you sound like a fucking know nothing retard

• Like 1

• Gold Member
3 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Ran with an 850 poo over our hospice ride last weekend. We all road the same speed. He got 13.6 mpg. I ended up with 14.9. I thought those big bores were so much better on fuel than the 6's. Must have been a fluke?🤣

Maybe try hitting the throttle more than 1/2 once in awhile Gramps . Who rides Sleds for MPGs anyway? 

• Like 2

Traction is the limiting factor in any discussion about racing and more HP just means more traction issues specifically when riding where normal people ride bone stock sleds.

As for the yamacat being reliable.  I've known plenty of people that have had plenty of issues with their tuned yamacats.  The engine is great the drive train, not so much.  More HP = more issues with everything getting it to the snow.

The Boost looks pretty fucking quick in that drag racing video which is what people do.  They hardly race them for miles on end.... 

2 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Maybe try hitting the throttle more than 1/2 once in awhile Gramps . Who rides Sleds for MPGs anyway? 

We had 28 sleds with many with little experience. I ride for MPG's on rides like this. Go work on your shortcomings loser. Dont care what you think.

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, stinkipinki said:

42 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

But ya did :dunno:

• Gold Member
13 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

We had 28 sleds with many with little experience. I ride for MPG's on rides like this. Go work on your shortcomings loser. Dont care what you think.

I own a 600 also Jim. All I am saying is if you were on long wide open trails for miles at 3/4-full throttle trying to keep up with a 850 running full tilt your MPGs would probably be drastically different  :news:

That said everyone knows usually at a slow pace the 600s get great fuel mileage. Esp the ETECs . 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

I own a 600 also Jim. All I am saying is if you were on long wide open trails for miles at 3/4-full throttle trying to keep up with a 850 running full tilt your MPGs would probably be drastically different  :news:

That said everyone knows usually at a slow pace the 600s get great fuel mileage. Esp the ETECs . 

But that mighty 850 was running with less throttle than I yet still drank more fuel and oil. Just sayin.  We were for the most part running 40 to 50.

50 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

If I crank on my Rush it will eat the petrol.
It's really not that great on gas if you need to goose it.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

But that mighty 850 was running with less throttle than I yet still drank more fuel and oil. Just sayin.  We were for the most part running 40 to 50.

Thus the reason to only produce a new sled with a 600 motor.  It's what snowmobiling is about.  How many MPG can you get.  👏

• Haha 2

Two different riding groups, two different paces and throttle usage.

Fast pace group, not sure on average speeds, I got 10.6 mpg on my 850.

Slow pace group, averaging 40-50mph, I got 17.1 mpg on my 850.

I only did the check because I knew there would be two different rides back to back days and would give a fair comparison.

• Like 1