Check your account email address ×

Getting that time of year....predictions on 2024 snowmobiles.

Ran with an 850 poo over our hospice ride last weekend. We all road the same speed. He got 13.6 mpg. I ended up with 14.9. I thought those big bores were so much better on fuel than the 6's. Must have been a fluke?🤣

Catalyst will win sled of the year in 2024, and maybe again in 2025.
Polaris chassis is going on 9 years old now, G4 chassis is going on 7 years old. (Matryx/G5 not a new chassis)

Word from reviewers is that Catalyst handles better then any sled on the market, and its not just an updated ProCross.
The entire sled has very little rolling friction, and the belt design cuts down on engine noise (chaincases are louder then you think).
I think the only thing Cat needs to work on is their rear suspension, gauge package (which is in the works) and color options as a buyer.

1 minute ago, stinkipinki said:

Catalyst will win sled of the year in 2024, and maybe again in 2025.
Polaris chassis is going on 9 years old now, G4 chassis is going on 7 years old. (Matryx/G5 not a new chassis)

Word from reviewers is that Catalyst handles better then any sled on the market, and its not just an updated ProCross.
The entire sled has very little rolling friction, and the belt design cuts down on engine noise (chaincases are louder then you think).
I think the only thing Cat needs to work on is their rear suspension, gauge package (which is in the works) and color options as a buyer.

G4 is really closer to 15 years old.  It’s designed started in 08

2 minutes ago, ACE said:

G4 is really closer to 15 years old.  It’s designed started in 08

Yeah, and i'm not crapping on Poo or Doo. Their new iron is very nice, and I like how the Mach Z and Boost have put them back in the big boy dance, although a 280HP 998 is still waxing either. 
The Catalyst chassis, so far, looks great.
I wish Cat would do the joker, nightfire, retro, and other cool editions like they did with the Firecats.
A Joker Edition Catalyst!

Edited by stinkipinki

Does anybody even know how much a catalyst 600 is going to cost? The best thing cat could do for themselves (and their faithful) is price that fucking late to the party sled by a minimum of 20% less than the competition.  

If it's the same price as the 650 poo or 600 doo it's going to take exactly zero market share away from them.  

There is a lot of talk about this "new" 600, with an 800 crank, but the rental vr1 650 in our group was surprisingly fast across kevlar lake.  Of course the only problem it suffered was typical poo quality. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

Yeah, and i'm not crapping on Poo or Doo. Their new iron is very nice, and I like how the Mach Z and Boost have put them back in the big boy dance, although a 280HP 998 is still waxing either. 
I wish Cat would do the joker, nightfire, retro, and other cool editions like they did with the Firecats.

A special edition 900 catalyst omg

10 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

From the production line manager for Yamaha. 33 models, down from 37.

Cat Catalyst takes the sled world by storm!

Polaris? Who cares?

Ski Doo? Same.

Yamaha is like Cat, planning there 2025 sleds. Yamaha is far from dead. Cat is as always, the greatest brand ever. I'm back! No lies on the Yamaha stuff. Right from the horses mouth.

Yamaha's production line manager? So a textron employee?

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
30 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

Kind of a dumb comparison. 

The 20 tune really woke up my Boost.   If I load the 50/50 race gas tune I think it will give my boosted winder (300+) a run in 660.   If I load the race gas tune the boost it might actually take the winder.  Few video's on Youtube showing that exact result. 

I'll have a real good idea how things compare after the Weenie Roast. 

Edited by Highmark
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

A friends Mach, a little clutch work, radared 99 in 660. That isn't terrible.

Guess that depends on what you consider fast because they’re pretty slow after 400’

2 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

99 for a basically stock sled in 660 is decent. Sounds like you just got a turd or you're only able to tune carbed sleds. Nothing wrong with that tho, somebodies got to keep the old iron rocking.

What do you tune on a 900r? They don’t have much power. They simply aren’t fast. About 850 ish. My old 780 was 12-13 mph faster in the 1/4 mile than that turd 

yeah I got a slow one. But so did everyone else 

50 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Ran with an 850 poo over our hospice ride last weekend. We all road the same speed. He got 13.6 mpg. I ended up with 14.9. I thought those big bores were so much better on fuel than the 6's. Must have been a fluke?🤣

Whoever claimed that?

10% worse mileage for 30%+ more HP.   Shit I'll take that all day long! :D

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ACE said:

What do you tune on a 900r? They don’t have much power. They simply aren’t fast. About 850 ish. My old 780 was 12-13 mph faster in the 1/4 mile than that turd 

If you didn't have a 22 or newer they were significantly detuned.  When the mach came out they bumped them from like 165 hp to 190+ hp.  

20 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Kind of a dumb comparison. 

The 20 tune really woke up my Boost.   If I load the 50/50 race gas tune I think it will give my boosted winder (300+) a run in 660.   If I load the race gas tune the boost it might actually take the winder.  Few video's on Youtube showing that exact result. 

I'll have a real good idea how things compare after the Weenie Roast. 

People trail ride 220-280 tunes, and some run 300-380hp tunes. 998 still king, and they go 10k miles no problem at those settings, and still run great.

The boost and mach z only have a chance if the 998 is stock or very close to it.

Edited by stinkipinki
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

People trail ride 220-280 tunes, and some run 300-380hp tunes. 998 still king, and they go 10k miles no problem at those settings, and still run great.

The boost and mach z only have a chance if the 998 is stock or very close to it.

Depends on the race.....I've ran some tuned 900r's with my 300 hp Winder and they kept up very well for 500 ft.   The difference was less than one would think.

Point is your trying to compare a massively boosted 998 to stock sleds.   Retarded. 

2 minutes ago, ACE said:

I guess "tune" is the wrong word. Used it in a generic sense. So 99 is slow in 660 for a stock sled. I'm sure there are faster. what would you say is? I can't remember a 780 going any faster in 660 at any of the shootouts.

11 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

I guess "tune" is the wrong word. Used it in a generic sense. So 99 is slow in 660 for a stock sled. I'm sure there are faster. what would you say is? I can't remember a 780 going any faster in 660 at any of the shootouts.

Depends on conditions. If a new Mach is going 99 in 660’ my 780 probably would have done 110 on the same strip 

17 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

Mach is a good match in the short race if it has a lot of traction to utilize launch control. After 75 ish the 998 starts to run a train 

if you can’t utilize the launch control you’re just gonna have a bad time 

7 minutes ago, ACE said:

Depends on conditions. If a new Mach is going 99 in 660’ my 780 probably would have done 110 on the same strip 

Your 780 isn't stock if it would run that. Would have to be 190-200 hp.

27 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Depends on the race.....I've ran some tuned 900r's with my 300 hp Winder and they kept up very well for 500 ft.   The difference was less than one would think.

Point is your trying to compare a massively boosted 998 to stock sleds.   Retarded. 

Not really, its only like one bill and a tune to get a Winder to 280HP. Thats enough to beat any sled.
Thats not massively boosted for a 998.

I would say 360HP would be massively boosted, and they can run that for like $1800.
https://turbodynamics.mybigcommerce.com/td-multi-map-performance-combo-package-230-350hp/

Edited by stinkipinki

4 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

Not really, its only like one bill and a tune to get a Winder to 280HP. Thats enough to beat any sled.
Thats not massively boosted for a 998.

I would say 360HP would be massively boosted, and they can run that for like $1800.
https://turbodynamics.mybigcommerce.com/td-multi-map-performance-combo-package-230-350hp/

Dude....I've had a 300+ HP winder since 2018....I've forgotten more about them than you will ever know.   You compared stock sleds to a boosted turbo....it is retarded. 

Edited by Highmark

41 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Whoever claimed that?

10% worse mileage for 30%+ more HP.   Shit I'll take that all day long! :D

The claim was if you are riding the same speed trail wise the big bore always wins the battle of fuel and oil. I beat him on both. I don't need the extra 30% as I am not trying to hide any shortcomings like some of you obviously are.

9 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Dude....I've had a 300+ HP winder since 2018....I've forgotten more about them than you will ever know.   You compared stock sleds to a boosted turbo....it is retarded. 

I've got you beat, because I've forgotten more abut EVERYTHING.  I can't even remember what I've forgotten, that's how much better I am at forgetting things.   :joint:

• Haha 3