Check your account email address ×

Getting that time of year....predictions on 2024 snowmobiles.

I always had 600's prior to moving to 4 stroke's - mainly because 800's had such shitty track records for reliability in those days.

My brother always had 800's so I am comparing Etec to Etec.  With both of us riding the same trails at the same speeds we both put nearly the same amount of gas in the tank when stopping to fill up.  He would maybe put in 1/2 to 3/4 gallon more than me on average.  

Now that 800's/850's have become just as reliable as 600's there is zero reason to buy a 600 in my opinion and especially not for fuel economy purposes.  The worst thing about my 600's was always feeling like I was having to push them to the ragged edge vs anyone that was riding an 800.  If I were to go back to two stroke I would not be buying a 600. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, Doug said:

For fuel I just zero out my trip meter when I fill up and start looking for a gas stop at about 80 miles or so.  Zero out the trip meter after I fill it up again.

Pretty much do the same or have knowledge of stops ahead and might fill up quicker.

I have never concerned myself with mileage on a sled.   No different than boating.   Both are expensive hobbies and if that has to be and important part of my sled choice I shouldn't be doing it in the first place.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stinkipinki said:

The Boost comes factory with a turbo.
The Sidewinder comes factory with a turbo.
The Mach Z comes factory with a turbo.

In stock form, im sure its very close.
Comparing them stock vs stock, or modded vs stock, or modded vs modded, is most definitely not retarded, unless your a little bitch boy.
The Boost and Mach Z two-strokes are nearly maxed out, folks having trouble getting a reliable 240HP out of a Mach Z and Boost. While the 998 is buzzing along with a 340HP tune for 15,000 miles and still runs strong. Yamaha know more about precision 4-stroke design then Polaris or Doo ever will. Yamaha's 998 made a 150HP in 2006. Polaris's 998 this year makes 90HP.

I never said the Mach z or Boost were, or were not two-strokes. You can chalk that one up to the little voice in your head. As far as that trashy youtube video, which is just drag racing, which is more about traction then anything,  thats the desperate reach of a reply I was expecting to get.

Edit: Didn't see your last bit:
Yes, a maxed boost or machz might touch a 280HP winder, but your talking a maxed out sled vs a sled with another 100HP on tap if needed.

Yes you did.

And to get that last 100 hp you are looking at another $10-15K getting us away from apples to apples comparisons. 

Edited by Highmark

48 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Yes you did.

And to get that last 100 hp you are looking at another $10-15K getting us away from apples to apples comparisons. 

I did what?

And the 7 year old Yamaha is still king, and no, it only takes a few bills to run them at 340HP. All of your comments are empty nonsense or bitching about the truth, its pety.

1 minute ago, stinkipinki said:

I did what?

And the 7 year old Yamaha is still king, and no, it only takes a few bills to run them at 340HP. All of your comments are empty nonsense or bitching about the truth, its pety.

Claim the Mach was a 2 stroke.   Its right there in bold. 

30 minutes ago, HSR said:

He's got ya there Stinki. Sorry about your :owned:

Someone is getting owned badly but its not me,  looks like the  the typo police got butthurt. As far as you,  go be a brand loyal cunt somewhere else, 998 is king 

Edited by stinkipinki

5 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

Because I got a Rush 600 for $1000 because Polaris engines are trash.

And where did you get all your 998 knowledge? How many HP was your 998 pushing?

Or is this just internet warrior bullshit?

28 minutes ago, HSR said:

And where did you get all your 998 knowledge? How many HP was your 998 pushing?

Or is this just internet warrior bullshit?

Ive owned two, a 998 in a 06 Attak, and a 17 Winder with no mods. The 129 wasnt enough, my next one will be an 18+ with a 137.

46 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

Whatever IDGAF what it is. You can remove the warm washcloth from your vagina now.

Pass it off when you're done with it. You're not only a moron but not man enough to just say I fucked up and then try to use "a typo" as an excuse. Fucking retard...

7 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

Ive owned two, a 998 in a 06 Attak, and a 17 Winder with no mods. The 129 wasnt enough, my next one will be an 18+ with a 137.

So why are you arguing with a guy that doesn't BS and just happens to own BOTH sleds you are discussing and obviously has a wealth more experience :dunno: Especially when you don't even know if the new MachZ is a 2 or 4 stroke. Kinda throws any credibility of yours out the window.

48 minutes ago, HSR said:

So why are you arguing with a guy that doesn't BS and just happens to own BOTH sleds you are discussing and obviously has a wealth more experience :dunno: Especially when you don't even know if the new MachZ is a 2 or 4 stroke. Kinda throws any credibility of yours out the window.

HSR I gotta alot of respect for you, but joining with typo police wont help your case.

50 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

Pass it off when you're done with it. You're not only a moron but not man enough to just say I fucked up and then try to use "a typo" as an excuse. Fucking retard...

I looked into the first turbo they made when it got compared in a snowtrax vid to a 998, I didn't recall off the top of my head in the moment. Focusing on this this typo to gain some sort of position in an argument you've lost badly won't change anything, but feel free to continue.

Edited by stinkipinki

9 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

HSR I gotta alot of respect for you, but joining with typo police wont help your case.

I looked into the first turbo they made when it got compared in a snowtrax vid to a 998, I didn't recall off the top of my head in the moment. Focusing on this just means your super butthurt about getting owned, you sound like a woman in heat.

Ah, so now it's not a typo, got it. BTW, how in the fuck do you figure you owned anyone? You just can't get enough can you? You just might want to focus more on thinking before typing. 

I did what?

First you said 380hp easy. Now we’re down to 340hp for just a few bills which is bullshit too. Why are you babbling about shit you know nothing about