Check your account email address ×

Toyota: "Fuck EVs"

7 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

My Tundra was an excellent truck...my wife's 4runner v8 went 178k needing only oil changes tires and brakes.

Wife's got 210,000 on her 2007 Chevy Avalanche, drives 50 miles every day, normal maintenance, still runs great.

Edited by XCR1250

6 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

My Tundra was an excellent truck...my wife's 4runner v8 went 178k needing only oil changes tires and brakes.

Yep, the domestic manufacturers should take lessons from Toyota on their long term reliability. My BIL has a 2004 Camry w/ 300k on the clock with very minimal maintenance.

• Like 1

Friend of mine drives disabled to and from appointments. Scotty hooked him up with a Camry with 300k on it. Had to retire it with over 500k. Currently in an older Highlander pushing over 300k

• Gold Member
12 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

Coworkers 05?06? Tundra now his sons truck has 380k miles still runs perfect unfortunately it got totaled on Friday. Toyotas are awesome cars for reliability.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

Over 100K in my daily driver and by some standards here I've had zero issues. Not even a window regulator issue

How many times have run out of battery power though?

11 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

GMs being doing that for years.

Zero issues with the last 4 GM trucks I've had. Fifth one back had a roof leak at the A pillar but that was after a tornado dropped a tree on it. That was a wild ride that day :lol: 

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

Zero issues with the last 4 GM trucks I've had. Fifth one back had a roof leak at the A pillar but that was after a tornado dropped a tree on it. That was a wild ride that day :lol: 

Other than the Caddilacs I've had. I've had problems with every GM I've owned. Most notably pick ups and especially heavy duty trucks.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Who the fuck even buys a Toyota gasser?

Apparently still a lot of people. :news:

The numbers, which are lower than in 2021, suggest that the Japanese manufacturer also is affected by the industry-wide supply challenges.

• Toyota: 450,227 (down 14.9%)
  • Lexus: 64,365 (down 13.3%)
  • Total: 514,592 (down 14.7%)

Out of that, electrified vehicles (HEV, PHEV, BEV, FCEV) stand for 132,938 or nearly 25.8% of the total volume:

• Toyota xEV: 119,938 (down 4.4%)
  • Lexus xEV: 13,116 (up 0.8%)
  • Total xEV: 132,938 (down 3.9%) and 25.8% of the total volume

Unfortunately, plug-in electric vehicle sales also have decreased compared to the previous year, despite Lexus launching its first PHEV. The share of plug-ins remains relatively low out of the total volume (1.6%), but on the positive side - the only way forward is up.

• Toyota plug-ins: 7,819 (down 20%)
  • Lexus plug-ins: 605 (new)
  • Total plug-ins: 8,424 (down 14%) and 1.6% of the total volume
    *FCEVs: 715 (down 17.

https://insideevs.com/news/577499/us-toyota-plugin-sales-2022q1/

Toyota is 100% correct. Pursuing a 100% electric model Is going to burn a lot of car companies. Look at how the Ford Lightening has turned out to be a dud. In a very short time those things will be virtually worthless. I can’t understand why companies aren’t moving in the direction of rechargeable hybrid vehicles. Especially light trucks. Smaller battery packs with 25-40 miles of range. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Toyota is 100% correct. Pursuing a 100% electric model Is going to burn a lot of car companies. Look at how the Ford Lightening has turned out to be a dud. In a very short time those things will be virtually worthless. I can’t understand why companies aren’t moving in the direction of rechargeable hybrid vehicles. Especially light trucks. Smaller battery packs with 25-40 miles of range. 

Lots will still buy for the virtue signal but these things aren't cheap and really aren't very practical 

if I was just commuting around San Diego I can see where a Tesla works. But not here. 

it could be good if they ever figure out battery tech

1 minute ago, ACE said:

Lots will still buy for the virtue signal but these things aren't cheap and really aren't very practical 

if I was just commuting around San Diego I can see where a Tesla works. But not here. 

it could be good if they ever figure out battery tech

Lots buy smokers for the virtue signal aspects. Same with pickups in general. Those aren’t practical for many either. People are just weird.