Check your account email address ×

do you ever just head down in the basement...

dig through old music not attached to the internet and loudly jam some music? 

wife and daughter are both gone ATM and I felt like firing up the vintage Denon and Polk audios and relaxing.  

is this a safe space for a what are you just chilled and listening to thread like the what's for dinner thread?  

this thread is @EvilBird's fault btw.  :roflcrying:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

dig through old music not attached to the internet and loudly jam some music? 

wife and daughter are both gone ATM and I felt like firing up the vintage Denon and Polk audios and relaxing.  

is this a safe space for a what are you just chilled and listening to thread like the what's for dinner thread?  

this thread is @EvilBird's fault btw.  :roflcrying:

Sold all my LPs on ebay years ago.  No ragrets.  Everything is available online now. I want to find a reason to resurrect my old Onkyo receiver and CD player but just lack the motivation.  My JBL bluetooth with Pandora or Spotify scratches the itch.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Yes...but not my literal basement.

right, the literal basement is where you go to torture mental midgets and rebuild Polaris engines while lol'ng ;)

1 minute ago, HSR said:

Yes but my mancave is in my garage. Peaceful bliss :bc:

Have you increased the amount of mountain goat's you breed in there?  PM me on some boot recommendations btw. ;)

• Haha 1

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

right, the literal basement is where you go to torture mental midgets and rebuild Polaris engines while lol'ng ;)

Have you increased the amount of mountain goat's you breed in there?  PM me on some boot recommendations btw. ;)

Hip waders Shhhhhhhhhh. Old Irish secret:thumb: 

more family space than my own and our daughter coopted it into her own hangout but my vintage Harley,  early 1990's Denon and Polk's get to live amongst multiple couches, air hockey table, art hutch and f'ng LEDs she insisted upon.  

Pardon my photography but I'm on beer #? and rocking some Toto of all things in the collection.  :roflcrying:

IMG_20221121_205919699.jpg

IMG_20221121_210057861.jpg

IMG_20221121_210110453.jpg

• Like 1

judging by the dust on the knobs I need to open the audio cabinet and do this more often. 

wife asked for Queen greatest hits after I scared her shitless by grabbing her ankle from my hiding spot.  :lmao:

happily obligated and it's amazing how loud one can play it without them sounding bad  

timeless....

IMG_20221121_212622338.jpg

• Like 2

i have denon system as well, pushing cerwin vega speakers that are on the floor. i've calmed in my old age in the house and car. i was always one to have a cerwin vega 15 in the trunk of my jetta and some big ass home speakers. these little cerwin vegas have 8s in them and will blow the windows out. i still have all my vinyl, cassettes, and cds. sometimes we pull out some vinyl and take turns on a side of an album. she has like taste in music till it hits frank zappa or heavy shit. 

• Like 1

Man space basement cigar room. Heavy duty ventilator. Old school Pioneer 65 watt receiver, Pioneer cassette, Pioneer multi disk CD, Onkyo strobe turntable all plays through Snell speakers. On the turntable…….The Cars first album.

GMO Funky Monkey PR

• Like 1

ah yes, pioneer when it was something. kenwood stuff as well. both just got watered down. i like those old receivers , pioneer, kenwood , harman kardon, marantz, etc. cars first in my vinyl for sure , and i think i have downloaded version as well. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

don't really feel like turning on the lights... wife and daughter just got home.  turning volume knob down and hiding under the air hockey table to scare the shit out of the first one to come down... :roflcrying:

IMG_20221121_211035591.jpg

IMG_20221121_211055744.jpg

IMG_20221121_211110859.jpg

nice salt water tank would light that room up sweet

5 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

ah yes, pioneer when it was something. kenwood stuff as well. both just got watered down. i like those old receivers , pioneer, kenwood , harman kardon, marantz, etc. cars first in my vinyl for sure , and i think i have downloaded version as well. 

I have a old 40 watt Lafayette quad that’s incredible in the garage with 4 RTR speakers.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

nice salt water tank would light that room up sweet

and much like they wanted another puppy, no one here wants to clean up the shit after a few weeks

i found her remote, there's like a dozen different colors

red is for anger and a feeling of being oppressed now according to the Chinese manual 

Used to listen to, and watch Pulse by Pink Floyd hooked up to surround sound with my brother's old Omega cabinet speakers. He also had a nice OLD Sony system where we'd listen to The Wall, Back in Black, anything Zeppelin, and Black Sabbath with some solo Ozzy mixed in. The Sound of Bread, Boston, Foreigner, Queen, Journey, Triumph... He had a hell of a vinyl collection but not sure what happened to it. So much good music!

Edited by soeaster

4 hours ago, Skidooski said:

I head out to the pole barn where I set up the old Bose system from the 90's. Lately been going through all my old CD's

Garage has Yamaha 5.1 amp 4 bookshelf Bose,Klipsch centre and 2 velodyne subs 50" TV,, and a grow op :lol:

House has Yamaha amp 5 Bose sattelites and 2 Bose subs in Living room with 75"

Small rec/sauna room 42' TV with Bose acoustimass system.

Gave my 901's to my oldest boy when he moved out,party house needs tunes.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Use to go down to my bar and listen to music now I go to the lower garage and listen to music and golf.  Both have decent sound systems in the walls/ceiling.