Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

1 minute ago, mnstang said:

I have some Mavericks waiting to go on the RS whenever it snows again.  What's the advantage of taking the square off them?

Personal preference for ice racing.  More aggressive then out of the package, less aggressive then comp bars.

6 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

When you get your Mavericks, grind a bit of the shape off the bottom to make them a bit more of a V, but not an extreme amount.  I didn't often run comp bars.

If you high clip the track, you'll need to add a custom made piece to the front arm to keep the tops of the clips from hitting the front cross shaft.  Still need to run your track tight high clipped.  Once you derail one of those, you can't get them back on out on the course.  I'd high clip every 3.

I’ll get some ordered up for next year. Just some sort of rolled over tab that keeps the clips up and over the shaft?

3 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I have some Mavericks waiting to go on the RS whenever it snows again.  What's the advantage of taking the square off them?

I think he means just for ice racing. I like the mavericks so far for the last 2 years I’ve run them. They’re a photocopy of shapers but they don’t break in half every time you cross asphalt

6 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

I’ll get some ordered up for next year. Just some sort of rolled over tab that keeps the clips up and over the shaft?

I think he means just for ice racing. I like the mavericks so far for the last 2 years I’ve run them. They’re a photocopy of shapers but they don’t break in half every time you cross asphalt

Zr6000 says I am the only one that shatters those things. Quit abusing your shapers. A 5 year old on a 120 can rip them off a ski trip 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Kills sled dogs better than a Polaris rider 

11 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

Oh.. maybe I'm thinking of the Ace bar.  It's the one that's just a rectangle bar, not like the hourglass shape.  I did have a Woody's shaper on something recently, I remember it being a beefier than the stud boy shaper, I've bent a few of the stud boys.  I think the stainless that stud boy shapers use is soft.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mnstang said:

It got in the bucket so that's a pass where I come from!

Square peg pounded through a round hole? Polaris fuel systems is looking for you, big fella. Dont worry about sparks. The EV side is working on new self exploding batteries. Coming to a sled real soon. Need to add fire to the passion. 

3 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Square peg pounded through a round hole? Polaris fuel systems is looking for you, big fella. Dont worry about sparks. The EV side is working on new self exploding batteries. Coming to a sled real soon. Need to add fire to the passion. 

Coming soon?? It’s already here 

5 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Oh.. maybe I'm thinking of the Ace bar.  It's the one that's just a rectangle bar, not like the hourglass shape.  I did have a Woody's shaper on something recently, I remember it being a beefier than the stud boy shaper, I've bent a few of the stud boys.  I think the stainless that stud boy shapers use is soft.

personally I think shapers are garbage

that's not always a popular opinion...

OHX776.gif

but

tenor.gif

26 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

I use some HDPE bar stock and work it down with a wood rasp. 1" x 2" x ???"  Mount it on the same flat plate as the limiter strap.

The one race I did last year, I cracked the set of Mavericks I had on.  Threw on a set of 4" comp bars and fought the sled the next day, for funzies.  

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I have few a dents in my tunnel. Cat needs thicker metal for Minnesota rocks and cows to bounce off of. Knock another 2000 dollars off the re sale value. 

Maybe get PDR

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Not greg b said:

I have few a dents in my tunnel. Cat needs thicker metal for Minnesota rocks and cows to bounce off of. Knock another 2000 dollars off the re sale value. 

chicks dig dents and scars

6 minutes ago, favoritos said:

What's the story?

Looks like a 2S with the heavier ring.  I would have thought those would be better on harmonics vs. the ring gear.

23 RXC not sure who’s it was or when it happened it was in one of our east coast XC groups