Check your account email address ×

Weed high in THC levels linked to psychiatric disorders

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Trust me! We did all that and then some...and then some more......and then a lil bit more. Never got ugly unless it was some drunk who couldn't handle their alcohol

Irvs part of the FS medical team. When he says he knows, he knows!

Edited by Steve753
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

I'd definitely be fucked.

Guy at work smokes that shit. We believe he's self medicating for an undiagnosed condition.

I like it better than flower. The flavors and incredible. Especially birthday cake.

• Gold Member

I use to wake and bake from HS all thru my 20s . Bong rips, blunts, you name it I would smoke all damn day even at work. :whistle:

But nowadays I pretty much only smoke at night unless im like on vacation or something.. Just a bowl or two. The older I get the shit seems to hit me harder,  doesnt take much. 

3 hours ago, Skidooski said:

Trust me! We did all that and then some...and then some more......and then a lil bit more. Never got ugly unless it was some drunk who couldn't handle their alcohol

Like I said. And don't forget, marijuana is legal up here. Like some can drink whiskey and some can't. I did not write these articles, and there is a lot more if you're so inclined?

https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/drugs-medication/cannabis/health-effects/mental-health.html 

https://www.ccsa.ca/sites/default/files/2019-05/CCSA-Cannabis-Use-Mental-Health-Report-2019-en.pdf 

In some people, cannabis use increases the risk of developing mental illnesses such as psychosis or schizophrenia, especially those who: start using cannabis at a young age.
Frequent cannabis use has also been associated with an increased risk of:
  • suicide.
  • depression.
  • anxiety disorders.
Edited by irv

5 minutes ago, irv said:

Like I said. And don't forget, marijuana is legal up here. Like some came drink whiskey and some can't. I did not write these articles, and there is a lot more if you're so inclined?

https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/drugs-medication/cannabis/health-effects/mental-health.html 

https://www.ccsa.ca/sites/default/files/2019-05/CCSA-Cannabis-Use-Mental-Health-Report-2019-en.pdf 

In some people, cannabis use increases the risk of developing mental illnesses such as psychosis or schizophrenia, especially those who: start using cannabis at a young age.
  • suicide.
  • depression.
  • anxiety disorders.

some has to be based on the person . how many young folks that are just stupid, no memory, etc. but they smoke weed so it has to be the cause. i have a friend that has been through some shit and is a mess. his brother blames weed. i asked him, do you think if he stopped today he would normal any time soon. he said no. some are just born stupid and they would be that way even if they never touched a thing. we all know that person who remembers nothing, can't do shit, just not on their game, and is total straight edge. i know a bunch, and they are amazed how other people can retain what they do. me especially. i have a big hard drive and remember everything , even from childhood. my friends are amazed when i bring up old times and give detail. they ask how the fuck i remember that. it's not like i try, it just sticks

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, irv said:

Like I said. And don't forget, marijuana is legal up here. Like some came drink whiskey and some can't. I did not write these articles, and there is a lot more if you're so inclined?

• suicide.
  • depression.
  • anxiety disorders.

I mean, if your government is telling this then it must be true. But when I look back at 30+ years of experience I see something different

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

I mean, if your government is telling this then it must be true. But when I look back at 30+ years of experience I see something different

What part of "In some people" don't you understand?

I use to smoke it quite often too in my youth/high school years but it wasn't anything near as strong as it is today. When it became stronger and stronger and all I wanted to do is veg out, I gave it up. I grew to especially hate it when I drink as well. A bit of a wobble/buzz on from the booze then a joint totally f'd me up. Some of my friends could do it but not all of us. 

Edited by irv

16 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

some has to be based on the person . how many young folks that are just stupid, no memory, etc. but they smoke weed so it has to be the cause. i have a friend that has been through some shit and is a mess. his brother blames weed. i asked him, do you think if he stopped today he would normal any time soon. he said no. some are just born stupid and they would be that way even if they never touched a thing. we all know that person who remembers nothing, can't do shit, just not on their game, and is total straight edge. i know a bunch, and they are amazed how other people can retain what they do. me especially. i have a big hard drive and remember everything , even from childhood. my friends are amazed when i bring up old times and give detail. they ask how the fuck i remember that. it's not like i try, it just sticks

Exactly. We are all different. 

Just now, irv said:

I use to smoke it quite often too in my youth/high school years but it wasn't anything near as strong as it is today. When it became stronger and stronger and all I wanted to do is veg out, I gave it up. I grew to especially hate it when I drink as well. A bit of a wobble/buzz on from the booze then a joint totally f'd me up. Some of my friends could do but not all of us. 

Sativa!  Not Indica - has a COMPLETELY different affect on me.  

A good buddy of mine quit years ago, because if he lit up some Sativa, he couldn't stop working in the shop for HOURS!

Personally, I won't work on ANYTHING when smoking or drinking - just don't want to take the chance of messing something up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, irv said:

I use to smoke it quite often too in my youth/high school years but it wasn't anything near as strong as it is today. When it became stronger and stronger and all I wanted to do is veg out, I gave it up. I grew to especially hate it when I drink as well. A bit of a wobble/buzz on from the booze then a joint totally f'd me up. Some of my friends could do but not all of us. 

I'm simply stating my experience through the past few decades. Those "people" must be really far and few between

3 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

A good buddy of mine quit years ago, because if he lit up some Sativa, he couldn't stop working in the shop for HOURS!

Personally, I won't work on ANYTHING when smoking or drinking - just don't want to take the chance of messing something up.

Exactly smoke some Indica and your in the couch smoke some sativa and you’ll paint the house.   :lol: 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Same. When the work is done only.

I had a friend in high school who use to get high AF before writing tests and/or exams and the majority of time he'd ace them. I got high with some friends one time prior to a business math/machine test and I received a "0". I had no clue where to begin or what to even do so I basically sat there for the whole hour in dream land. That was an eye opener for me and I never did that again.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, irv said:

Like I said. And don't forget, marijuana is legal up here. Like some can drink whiskey and some can't. I did not write these articles, and there is a lot more if you're so inclined?

• suicide.
  • depression.
  • anxiety disorders.

I don’t disagree with any of that. I worked with many individuals that had weed turn against them. It typically happens quick and without any real warning. The Japanese did a study many years ago indicating it can induce psychotic disorders in some individuals. THC is a foreign substance in the body. There’s going to be side effects. Yet so is alcohol. 9-12% of those that use alcohol will become alcoholic. That a fairly high risk percentage. Yet it remains legal and cheap. 

• Like 1

I can also say that the BC skunk pot,Jamaican hash oil and Afghani Black hash that was around in the 80's was FAR stronger than 2-3%. Mexican brick weed may have been that low but not something we ever saw. 

3 minutes ago, HSR said:

I can also say that the BC skunk pot,Jamaican hash oil and Afghani Black hash that was around in the 80's was FAR stronger than 2-3%. Mexican brick weed may have been that low but not something we ever saw. 

Oh, there was some wicked shit around back then too, not denying that, (Honey oil comes to mind) but the majority was nothing like what is available today. Acapulco Gold or Columbian Red were 2 of my favorites before homegrown/skunk weed came along. The smell alone and the coughing jags that shit gave me was also enough to consider giving it up.  

well like anything if you are a borderline anything, drugs can affect that stability and alter the outcome. 

A "normal" person will typically not go off the deep end it's the people who are a bit off to start with are susceptible to negative outcomes when a mind altering drug is introduced.

jmo 

4 hours ago, irv said:

• suicide.
  • depression.
  • anxiety disorders.

So it has side effects.  But mostly it doesn't. Kinda like vaccines and other drugs.

:lol:

5 hours ago, irv said:

Oh, there was some wicked shit around back then too, not denying that, (Honey oil comes to mind) but the majority was nothing like what is available today. Acapulco Gold or Columbian Red were 2 of my favorites before homegrown/skunk weed came along. The smell alone and the coughing jags that shit gave me was also enough to consider giving it up.  

I have some Chocolate Thai seeds coming in my next order. It's supposed to be the strain that we know as the old Thai stick of the 70's and 80's

I'll let you know how it compares in 3-4 months, lol.

image.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ckf said:

I have some Chocolate Thai seeds coming in my next order. It's supposed to be the strain that we know as the old Thai stick of the 70's and 80's

I'll let you know how it compares in 3-4 months, lol.

image.jpeg

I remember smoking Thai weed supposedly but it sure didn't look like that.

• Like 1

All the times in my life I was in trouble or did something stupid it was because of liquor. Every single time. Never had an issue with weed. 
The key here is we’re all wired different.

• Like 4