Check your account email address ×

Student Loan Forgiveness.

What a crock of shit.

Convincing the people of America how to be less responsible.  At the same time, the universities all got their piece of the pie.  And you don't here anyone talking about lowering tuition.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/22/biden-admin-is-talking-daily-about-student-loan-forgiveness.html

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Better to allow them to file bankruptcy and suffer the consequences of that. 

Student loans don’t go away when you file bankruptcy. 

• Thanks 1

This is such a scam. Let’s punish those who worked thru college or sacrificed and saved up. 
Another dem plan that incentivizes doing the wrong thing. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Edmo said:

This is such a scam. Let’s punish those who worked thru college or sacrificed and saved up. 
Another dem plan that incentivizes doing the wrong thing. 

It's all about votes ... it's a hot topic because it generates votes for a party that needs a lot of help come November.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Colleges became big businesses in the late 70s. 

Yeah all those conservatives in academia really have fucked things up over the years eh?

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, racer254 said:

What a crock of shit.

Convincing the people of America how to be less responsible.  At the same time, the universities all got their piece of the pie.  And you don't here anyone talking about lowering tuition.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/22/biden-admin-is-talking-daily-about-student-loan-forgiveness.html

Another government program to make people less responsible for they're actions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Doug said:

Another government program to make people less responsible for they're actions.

Are you trying to tell me taking out 200k in loans for my lesbian studies degree was a mistake?

🤔

• Haha 6

• Gold Member

This is probably one of the single easiest ways to piss off a shit load of people to please a few morons that made horrible decisions. Where the fuck is my free handout? I want some debt forgiveness if these fucks get this take some money off my mortgage why should I lose for not going to college and being responsible with my money.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Student loans don’t go away when you file bankruptcy. 

In most cases no. Although under certain conditions of hardship they can be discharged through a bankruptcy. Why can SBA loans be discharged through bankruptcy but not student loans? Double standard? 

• Platinum Contributing Member
49 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Colleges became big businesses in the late 70s. 

Got way worse when the govt got into the student loan business. 

31 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

This is probably one of the single easiest ways to piss off a shit load of people to please a few morons that made horrible decisions. Where the fuck is my free handout? I want some debt forgiveness if these fucks get this take some money off my mortgage why should I lose for not going to college and being responsible with my money.

Isn't it something? It all started in '08 when the banks were bailed out and then 900 billion in forgiven PPP loans were handed out like candy when in reality most businesses didn't need it and now apparently it's the college students turn. It's difficult to work hard and be responsible when you look around and see what's been happening the last 15 years. :flush:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anler said:

I'm going to stop paying my kids tuition 

i made mine take out there loans last 2 years even though I could cash flow them.  no reason to not take free money.  Biden FTMFW step up and forgive 25k per student.  

7 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i made mine take out there loans last 2 years even though I could cash flow them.  no reason to not take free money.  Biden FTMFW step up and forgive 25k per student.  

If you believe these 2 words exist, you're an idiot. The taxpayer/consumer will pay for it in either increased taxes/inflation. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

In most cases no. Although under certain conditions of hardship they can be discharged through a bankruptcy. Why can SBA loans be discharged through bankruptcy but not student loans? Double standard? 

Probably something the banks and govt agreed to. I don’t blame them. Throwing millions to broke people with no guarantee or collateral would not be a good buisness decision.