Check your account email address ×

Cheney’s loss in Wyoming.

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 hours ago, akvanden said:

And yet I doubt manny has issues when Manchin pushed back against his party.

My only point is we don’t need more party partisan robots. You’re constituents aren’t just democrats, or republicans, you represent both. 

And for those in favor of term limits, you’ll end up with a lot fewer partisan hacks when they no longer have to worry about their party supporting them for reelection.

Manchin may have pushed bacl against his party , but not his constituants. People who dont understand Manchin  dont understand WV.

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

I don’t think that she really cared if she lost. She’s set for life. 

They why run in the first place? If she didn't care about losing she sure as shit didn't care about her constituents 

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

I don’t think that she really cared if she lost. She’s set for life. 

And hints that all the unspent money she generated during her campaign will go to a PAC for a 2024 POTUS run.  She's just like her father - a swamp creature looking to continue to get rich off swampy dealings.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bontz said:

And hints that all the unspent money she generated during her campaign will go to a PAC for a 2024 POTUS run.  She's just like her father - a swamp creature looking to continue to get rich off swampy dealings.

Makes you wonder what the thought process is. I can't see her being more than a VP just for optics only.

• Like 1

Just now, Steve753 said:

Makes you wonder what the thought process is. I can't see her being more than a VP just for optics only.

Because she will make money off of her campaign even if not a single person votes for her. Jill Stein was worth much more after her failed campaign than before it. Same goes for Bernie. Cheyney would be a media darling in 2024.

• Like 1

While Cheney’s self-indulged fantasies about becoming the country’s next Lincoln is great comedy, there is one figure throughout American history that the Wyoming representative measures up to quite well: former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick.

Much like Kaepernick, who made a Civil War era comparison of his own by relating the NFL draft process to a slave auction, Cheney has always been a washed-up nobody that was never good enough to make it in the pros. Rather than engaging in serious self-reflection as to why her popularity plummeted among the Wyomingites she swore to represent in Congress, Cheney decided to play the victim card and cast her work in the disgraceful Jan. 6 Committee as necessary for the future of the republic. From that point forward, anyone who refused to go along with her one-woman war against Trump became the enemy, while the bitter resentment intended to drive the rest of her political career completely divorced her from reality.

The same pattern of delusions can also be found in Kaepernick’s story. In the case of the disgraced former quarterback, Kaepernick has to believe that NFL teams’ refusal to hire him is all about racism because the reality — that he sucks and just isn’t good enough to make it in the pros — hurts his ego too much to be accepted.

• Like 2

(CNN)The surprising story out of Tuesday's Republican House primary in Wyoming wasn't that Rep. Liz Cheney lost. The pre-election polls all showed her losing handily to eventual winner Harriet Hageman.

The big news from the Cowboy State was her margin of defeat. Cheney's loss is one of the biggest on record for a House incumbent and is part of a pattern this primary season pointing to former President Donald Trump's strength within the Republican Party.