Check your account email address ×

Anyone have food storage for emergency?

Just now, hayward said:

There's a crazy bitch I went to school with supposedly keeps about 50 gallon jugs of water stored in her basement along with about a ton of canned food.O.o

I still have an old well with a hand pump In the old yard so Im good there lol

1 minute ago, ACE said:

I still have an old well with a hand pump In the old yard so Im good there lol

As long as no one empty'd out some old jugs of glyphosate down the well, you should be good then!

3 minutes ago, hayward said:

There's a crazy bitch I went to school with supposedly keeps about 50 gallon jugs of water stored in her basement along with about a ton of canned food.O.o

15-20 yrs ago is a different story than today so I honestly can't call this woman crazy. Like Snake mentioned in his 1st post, one is seeing more and more of it.

I have nothing of the sort personally, and I don't think I do need anything at the moment but I'm certainly not going to question nor laugh, based on the world we live in today, hers anyone else's decision for doing so. 

7 minutes ago, hayward said:

She'll be a fuckin' prom queen if the balloon goes up... :lol:

Just what is in the freezer and pantry. The grocery stores have been whack lately with certain foods are hard to get. I like garlic dill pickles and Ill be damned if I can find them. whenever I see them I grab a couple jars. I dont know if its shortages or people hoarding certain items

Plenty of squirrels, turkeys,  horses, and bunt corn in the neighborhood... And,  still have a black bird pie recipe saved from the war, just incase.....

Then learn how to make Cabernet from wild grapes.

The Y2K thing is a great example.  There was plenty of that happening.

I was headed out of town that weekend and stopped to get some cash.  The crazy people had drained quite a few ATM machines. 

BTW, there are people of "certain religions" that have stockpiled food and water for generations.  I worked as a mover during college summers.  We'd go into those safe rooms and find walls lined with barrels of water and dried food.  In one home, the family had eight kids, their room had over forty barrels and a ping pong table in the middle.  We figured they would get tired of ping pong long before they ran out of food and water. ;)

42 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I still remember my sister and bil stockpiling 10s of thousands of dollars of food and water for Y2K.

:lol:

The majority of preppers that I know are overweight, mediocre to poor health, lower than average IQ, and socially isolated. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
15 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

The majority of preppers that I know are overweight, mediocre to poor health, lower than average IQ, and socially isolated. 

I'm seeing a pattern here.

1 minute ago, Steve753 said:

I'm seeing a pattern here.

It’s good to be observant. 

I’m assuming that this subject is about some kind of natural or man made catastrophe that causes an abrupt shut down of supply lines. If that occurs there will be the eventual start of a massive die off. Those dependent on medical care. Medications like insulin will dry up. Heart meds, dialysis, surgeries, infants with and without special needs, small children….basically the most vulnerable in society will be first to go. Wouldn’t be pretty. 

• Like 2