Check your account email address ×

Another owner killed by their "image dog"

Apparently the American Bully XL is a somewhat popular breed in the UK, and they're killing people.

In the last year, the breed has killed in the UK alone:

A 10 year old boy

A 17 month old girl

A 43 year old woman (with her 42 year old male partner in critical condition)

You see these fucking image dogs everywhere around the West.  They're super popular here to support the "I'm a tough guy" image.

I'm so sick of Pittie owners claiming "it's not the breed.  They're gentle angels!"  I saw one of these rip the face off another dog completely randomly at the dog park 3 months ago.  It was just sniffing and playing like a normal dog, then just went into kill mode.

Fuck Pit Bulls and fuck anyone who brings them around kids, dog parks, etc.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/breaking-first-picture-woman-mauled-27503063

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Matt said:

Apparently the American Bully XL is a somewhat popular breed in the UK, and they're killing people.

A 10 year old boy

A 17 month old girl

You see these fucking image dogs everywhere around the West.  They're super popular here to support the "I'm a tough guy" image.

I'm so sick of Pittie owners claiming "it's not the breed.  They're gentle angels!"  I saw one of these rip the face off another dog completely randomly at the dog park 3 months ago.  It was just sniffing and playing like a normal dog, then just went into kill mode.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/breaking-first-picture-woman-mauled-27503063

My dobe hates pit bulls. I’m not sure if it’s their retarded looking face or the wobbly walk, but she will attack on sight unless she’s given a correction. 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

My dobe hates pit bulls. I’m not sure if it’s their retarded looking face or the wobbly walk, but she will attack on sight unless she’s given a correction. 

My retriever's hair on the back of her neck stands straight up and she keeps her distance.  She saw what happened to that other dog at the dog park too.  She loves most other dogs but she can ID a Pittie and steers clear.

1 minute ago, Matt said:

My retriever's hair on the back of her neck stands straight up and she keeps her distance.  She saw what happened to that other dog at the dog park too.  She loves most other dogs but she can ID a Pittie and steers clear.

When I’m at a dog park I carry pepper spray just in case. Might want to consider it. 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

When I’m at a dog park I carry pepper spray just in case. Might want to consider it. 

Not a bad idea.  That or my 9mm.  This is AZ after all... :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Matt said:

A 10 year old boy

A 17 month old girl

It is always the owner with them.

A old neighbor had a "pitty baby" that for funzies, they'd hold up a big ass stick and the dog would jump up, latch on to, and they'd spin it around.

I flat out told that neighbor if their "pitty baby" finds it's way into my yard, it probably won't find it's way back out.

Glad we don't live next to the fucking hood anymore.

Oh, and my insurance agent says their company won't insure a select list of breeds, pits being top of the list.

Meanwhile, my fatass lab is just fat, dumb, and happy.

7 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I carry a .380 or 9mm when I take a walks, I carry one or the other pretty much everywhere I go.

There’s an Olde Bulldog that started showing up at the dog park. When he walks in it’s like Mike Tyson just arrived for a match. Not mean, but probably the most dominant dog I’ve ever seen. Total sigma male. 

17 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

15 minutes ago, Matt said:

With dogs having possible six senses, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they know themselves that pitts can snap at anytime?

Same with humans. They just seem to know who to trust and not to trust.

7 minutes ago, irv said:

With dogs having possible six senses, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they know themselves that pitts can snap at anytime?

Same with humans. They just seem to know who to trust and not to trust.

I don’t think pit bulls look natural. My dobe probably picks up on that and thinks “this shit ain’t right”

28 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

My dobe hates pit bulls. I’m not sure if it’s their retarded looking face or the wobbly walk, but she will attack on sight unless she’s given a correction. You have a Dobie too. Sweet I’ve had one in my life since I was a little kid.  This  is Junior 95lbs. Almost 3 years old, one big goof.

0AFDBC76-D623-4CFA-91FD-0FB7804615ED.jpeg

9FE21148-7994-4D93-BB3E-87119046B3E3.jpeg

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I don’t think pit bulls look natural. My dobe probably picks up on that and thinks “this shit ain’t right”

Yeah, I guess we'll never know? I know, personally, I don't like the things but I'm sure that's mainly due to all the press about them? Was never a big fan of dobe's either as they look very intimidating/mean to mean but I'm also sure that is partly due to the Hollywood spin and how they are portrayed in a lot of movies.

I guess I'm more of a golden retriever type of guy but I do like a lot of other dogs as well. 

• Gold Member

My old manager had a rescue pit bull from out west he brought it to work every day for years it was a really nice dog with everyone that walked through the doors. It changed my mind about them but it’s also the only one I’ve ever known too. The only dog I’ve had any issues with is Rottweilers. My friends stupid Rottweiler literally jumped into my car window and bit my arm when I came over one time. Another time doing a dog trainer class the trainers Rottweiler for no reason bit my 3 month old lab in the face doing a training exercise the owner wanted us to do with her dog. My wife is a vet tech and she hates all the aggressive dogs Rottweilers, German shepherds, Dobermans, Pittbulls her boss won’t even take them on as clients if the dog comes in aggressive they just ask them to leave.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, irv said:

Yeah, I guess we'll never know? I know, personally, I don't like the things but I'm sure that's mainly due to all the press about them? Was never a big fan of dobe's either as they look very intimidating/mean to mean but I'm also sure that is partly due to the Hollywood spin and how they are portrayed in a lot of movies.

I guess I'm more of a golden retriever type of guy but I do like a lot of other dogs as well. 

Our dobe was highly trained and obedient. He grew up with dogs coming in/out of the wife's dog grooming shop and was well adjusted. He had a couple scraps with a Golden that didnt get the hint to leave him alone but he would never attack or start anything.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

I stay away from dog parks, nothing but trouble, either with the dogs or their owners. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

That's a big dog to live in a van with...

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, smokin george said:

Our dobe was highly trained and obedient. He grew up with dogs coming in/out of the wife's dog grooming shop and was well adjusted. He had a couple scraps with a Golden that didnt get the hint to leave him alone but he would never attack or start anything.

My SIL had one for a while and I just couldn't get used to it. The clincher was when it snapped at my niece when she was about 3-4 yrs old. Thankfully it didn't bite her but it scared the crap out of me and everyone else. My SIL, not long after, and due to some other reasons on top of that one, got rid of it. 

2 hours ago, SkisNH said:

That's a big dog to live in a van with...

I’ve got a 80 pound lab as well. It’s a non-issue. When I open the door to a mountain vista they like it as much as I do. Van life means 6 hours of the day are in a van. 5 of those hours I’m sleeping. The van has ac so I can leave them for up to 6-8 hours alone. I’ve a got a wireless warning alarm if the ac quits. 

• Haha 2