Check your account email address ×

The 2017 Iron Dog Thread

1 hour ago, Woodtick said:

I think Rick is good at clutching ,but should stay out of the GF as a vender. Brand bashing and starting shit,isn't a good business plan. He may be paying a few bucks to have that sticker on that sled. That's usually how that works. 

this is 100% true . I have a friend who races . pro drag a very well known perf corp is the main sponsor whole sleds with the shop name  they are not allowed to do any work on the race sleds just give parts trucks trailers and credit cards

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

He's posting regularly again.  I think we should start getting the "Madcatters" back together and "Swarm"!  Krom agrees. :lol:

ok they are prob getting pretty crusty with the unchecked circle jerk going on over there. who won the soo this yr forgot to pay attention and having not been on hcs I have no fucking idea lol  .

5 hours ago, Back Country Rebel said:

Nice work Kyle.  I'm sure all the AKLife fans are eating it up.  

We've gotten lots of feedback thanking us for posting the updates.  The info is out there, its just not in one place.  Its been a team effort putting these together and your help is very much appreciated.  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Back Country Rebel said:

Going good Vince.  Back in AK now.  We spent the first part of Feb in Cali but we are home now.  Headed to Asia in March through early April.  No Arizona this spring for us.  

Glad to hear things are going good and that you're enjoying the rocking chair life :thumb: Last day for me in Canada today, weather pushed us out of QC a little early so the wife and I are in Momo's hood enjoying the balmy temps along Lake Ontario.

Hey Asia is a huge continent, what countries will you be visiting? 

7 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Glad to hear things are going good and that you're enjoying the rocking chair life :thumb: Last day for me in Canada today, weather pushed us out of QC a little early so the wife and I are in Momo's hood enjoying the balmy temps along Lake Ontario.

Hey Asia is a huge continent, what countries will you be visiting? 

Where are you at Vince?  I'm looking at thr Lake myself. 

On 22/02/2017 at 1:17 PM, Rigid1 said:

you can see his shops logo on the sled in the video momo posted, just behind the A-arm.. Look the guy is a buffoon, but he is really knowledgable, and his clutch kit get nothing but raves, he cant keep them in stock..I have been waiting for a couple weeks for the helix's to come in to get mine..

JPEG_20170222_081031.jpg

You do realise he just copied those kits off more knowledgeable guys??

He's a complete lie. 

12 hours ago, Woodtick said:

I think Rick is good at clutching ,but should stay out of the GF as a vender. Brand bashing and starting shit,isn't a good business plan. He may be paying a few bucks to have that sticker on that sled. That's usually how that works. 

He copied all his kits off of guys that know their stuff . He reads the forums and copies. He's a liar that believes his own lies.

He searches forums, copies and slightly changes then calls them his invention. What a complete tool .

Sorry, a tool is useful, he's not .

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Mowhawkcat said:

He copied all his kits off of guys that know their stuff . He reads the forums and copies. He's a liar that believes his own lies.

He searches forums, copies and slightly changes then calls them his invention. What a complete tool .

WGAF moron.....go back to HCS.

36 minutes ago, Mowhawkcat said:

no, i did not know that, geez, nobody ever says he copied their product. What other kits have a custom helix?? im interested in a clutch kit

1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

He's very closeat 60 km away, if I listen close I can hear the rattle of the cage :lol: 

Hahahaha.  

South Korea, Thailand, Singapore, Hong Kong.  Our oldest lives in South Korea.  We are gonna go visit her and her husband and then bop around for a few weeks.  Only gone a month so you can't hit it all.  Should be fun.

Check out this video of Cory Davis as he refueled in Koyuk yesterday.  Just 50 miles from Koyuk they came upon Team 16 all wadded up on the trail.  Team 41 stopped and helped them get sorted out and made sure they were ok.  

Here is Cory at the next fuel stop.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mowhawkcat said:

You do realise he just copied those kits off more knowledgeable guys??

He's a complete lie. 

Earlier, when we were talking about Team #16 using Rick's clutching, you said, "The dick lies so much he believes his own lies. It's Fawkin hilarious."

Regardless of your personal feelings about him, why can't you just acknowledge that you were wrong?  You were pretty adamant in saying he was lying about his connection to Team #16. As it turns out, he was the one telling the truth about the situation.

Edited by CaddisFly

You guys may not want to hear this, but Mowhawkcat is right. Rick is a hack that does the exact same shit that he slams Passo for doing. Copying others stuff. Rick is nothing more than an internet mechanic. 

Look up some of his old old posts. He asks people how to do shit. Same with Passo. 

I especially like how he talks big about how he fixes engines, but yet has to ask his "engine builder" how to do shit. 

I have never bought anything from him, so Ive no reason to say he's fucked me over. Im not a vendor anywhere, and do not work on others stuff for money. Im not even in the same part of the country as Rick. So I have absolutely no vendetta against him. I just think he is an ass clown that is a hack. 

Not to mention how he brags about never losing a race.....

Some of you guys need to take the shit off this thread. I am sure many here want to read the race action like I do and not the back and forth crap.

Thanks for all the race updates guys. This is always my favorite thread of the year.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Back Country Rebel said:

Team 8 and 41 as they pulled through Unalakleet yesterday.  Sleds look pretty darn good compares to most of the rest.  

16836706_10154561829589615_7345467263554

16797680_10154561829784615_7002620639676

16836509_10154561829609615_5691816365731

16991980_10154561829599615_1477674282090

Question, do they all run the same size engines??