Check your account email address ×

The 2017 Iron Dog Thread

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, farmereddie said:

Yes I agree. It's just that if they're out on the trail why would you be concerned about getting as much gas do you already had. All you need is just a little splash and dash to the next check point . Unless this bus planned shortly after they left Ruby ....... 

Yeah not sure about that....sucks either way for Team 8.

My guess is these boys were "suspect" before the race started.  I wonder if some rumors were thrown around after last year. :dunno:

Well, if 41 takes it, maybe it won't be a real "ski tip photo finish" to brag about but, cheaters get no quarter IMO.  A win is a win.  It's why I had a problem with the ISOC idiots mutting in the "Tucker Rule" to hinder the best racers.  Why not just let the less talented start mid way up the track? :wall:

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

My guess is these boys were "suspect" before the race started.  I wonder if some rumors were thrown around after last year. :dunno:

Well, if 41 takes it, maybe it won't be a real "ski tip photo finish" to brag about but, cheaters get no quarter IMO.  A win is a win.  It's why I had a problem with the ISOC idiots mutting in the "Tucker Rule" to hinder the best racers.  Why not just let the less talented start mid way up the track? :wall:

I have a feeling a lot more photos will surface of other teams doing similar things.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

I have a feeling a lot more photos will surface of other teams doing similar things.

They already have been posted....its a rodeo online up here in Alaska right now...

Look at the comments on the first post
www.facebook.com/thealaskalife

Edited by hunt_ak

2 minutes ago, hunt_ak said:

They already have been posted....its a rodeo online up here in Alaska right now...

Look at the comments on the first post
www.facebook.com/thealaskalife

Oh boy what a shitstorm that is only just getting started....wow.

Oh its gonna get real crazy when the rest of Alaska wakes up this morning...

If you don't mind me asking what is your opinion on this...do you think Team 8 is being singled out for some reason? Clearly they broke the rules but so did a lot of others.

My opinion is that it sucks, no matter how you slice it.  Tyson is quoted as saying when they saw the people pushing on the bumpers, they told them to stop.  Also, I'm not sure if there were any other racers making a stink over this either.  

Iron Dog HQ made this decision based upon more facts, discussions, and debates on details that we aren't privy to, so I would ultimately defer to their judgement.  That's all anyone can do at this point, but tempers are flaring, there is seemingly blatant targeting, etc. etc., and its clouding everyone's judgement at the moment.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Fair is fair...if so, they all get canned.  I don't get it.  Seems the rule is pretty clear to me.  I used to race too and while everyone looks for an "edge", a rule that clearly gets you shit canned is NEVER BROKEN.  I don't get why, ESPECIALLY on a race this grueling, that racers either don't know the rule (stupid), or are willing to risk it?  Zero sense to me.

Today will be interesting for sure.

1 hour ago, Biggie Smails said:

Don't think the 41 could have overcome that lead.

No I understand that but as for as the history of this race and so many obstacles to overcome. You give it hell until the end you never know.  What could happen to the teams in front of you or are you .

My opinion is that it sucks, no matter how you slice it.  Tyson is quoted as saying when they saw the people pushing on the bumpers, they told them to stop.  Also, I'm not sure if there were any other racers making a stink over this either.  

Iron Dog HQ made this decision based upon more facts, discussions, and debates on details that we aren't privy to, so I would ultimately defer to their judgement.  That's all anyone can do at this point, but tempers are flaring, there is seemingly blatant targeting, etc. etc., and its clouding everyone's judgement at the moment.

Thanks for answering and there really are no winners in a situation like this.

• Like 1

Just now, farmereddie said:

No I understand that but as for as the history of this race and so many obstacles to overcome. You give it hell until the end you never know.  What could happen to the teams in front of you or are you .

Absolutely....this is a shitty way for the race to end.

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

clear evidence 41 had people touching their sleds among others in the pics on AK life,  DQ all or none.  they should run them all to the finish this morning then figure it out.  

Now, what do the rules say specifically?  I though "touching" was fine but when it came to gas to tank...nobody but the rider.  "Touching" hardly gives an advantage, especially if the vols are giving all the same help. :dunno:

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Now, what do the rules say specifically?  I though "touching" was fine but when it came to gas to tank...nobody but the rider.  "Touching" hardly gives an advantage, especially if the vols are giving all the same help. :dunno:

TBH it's clearly being done as an advantage for 8 prob saved them 2 minutes per fill up so dock them an hour and let them race it out.  

Edited by Angry ginger

3 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

TBH it's clearly being done as an advantage for 8 prob saved them 2 minutes per fill up so dock them an hour and let them race it out.  

Oooof!  That's a problem then.  If the rules state that is a DQ...then that's what it should be.  To try and "dock" teams breaking the rules now puts the race in the hands of the opinion of how much time penalty each team should get.  

Hope this blows over before I get to fairbanks.  Even though it's a 6 hr drive I have a feeling the storm on the Iron Dog horizon will still be in full rage.

I still think a time penalty would be more appropriate.  Maybe dock Team 8 like 73 minutes or something.................. :news:

Well at least there's some excitement back in this race.  The lead Team 8 had was making for a boring race. :lol:  

8 minutes ago, Back Country Rebel said:

Hope this blows over before I get to fairbanks.  Even though it's a 6 hr drive I have a feeling the storm on the Iron Dog horizon will still be in full rage.

I still think a time penalty would be more appropriate.  Maybe dock Team 8 like 73 minutes or something.................. :news:

Well at least there's some excitement back in this race.  The lead Team 8 had was making for a boring race. :lol:  

Oh yeah, its gonna be ugly in FBX all day today I assume.  Keep us posted!  HAHA!  Love the details

This boils down to the assistance giving an advantage.

Did the assistance given garner an advantage for the team?  Was this a repeated offense?  Were other teams that were given assistance rewarded with any advantage from the assistance?  These are the questions people need to be discussing....in a calm and rational sense, but we know that isn't going to happen.

Was there an advantage from the assistance?

43 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Yep , dock them some time and let it go .    Also , someone was burping Cory Davis's sled in the vid Tom posted a few pages back .