Check your account email address ×

Cancel Culture...So Shortsighted

• Platinum Contributing Member

A great woman erased from history by idiots.
The branding of the syrup was a tribute to this woman’s gifts and talents. Now future generations will not even know this beautiful woman existed. What a shame. The world knew her as “Aunt Jemima”, but her given name was Nancy Green and she was a true American success story. She was born a slave in 1834 Montgomery County, KY. and became a wealthy superstar in the advertising world, as its first living trademark. Green was 56-yrs old when she was selected as spokesperson for a new ready-mixed, self-rising pancake flour and made her debut in 1893 at a fair and exposition in Chicago. She demonstrated the pancake mix and served thousands of pancakes, and became an immediate star. She was a good storyteller, her personality was warm and appealing, and her showmanship was exceptional. Her exhibition booth drew so many people that special security personnel were assigned to keep the crowds moving. Nancy Green was signed to a lifetime contract, traveled on promotional tours all over the country, and was extremely well paid. Her financial freedom and stature as a national spokesperson enabled her to become a leading advocate against poverty and in favor of equal rights for all Americans. She maintained her job until her death in 1923, at age 89. This was a remarkable woman, and sadly she has been ERASED by politics. I wanted you to know and remind you in this cancel culture time period.

78A7724C-21A8-41B4-87A3-7514C74A5EC2.thumb.jpeg.e32b3bbf4da5fa94c5951071fa30e35c.jpeg

• Like 2

good post Jimmy. she was aware of what she was doing and wealthy from it. she looks happy in that photo. local school changed the name of the sports team from indians to riverhawks. i didn't hear the indians complaining, just woke assholes with nothing better to do. yet ice t is doing cheerios commercials even though he did the song cop killer. i guess since he is black and talking about killing cops he gets a pass. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If “Aunt Jemima” is so racially offensive by todays standards why didn't the company just rename the products Nancy Green's pancake mix & syrup or Miss Nancy's pancake mix & syrup or Nancy's pancake mix & syrup and not to "Pearl Milling Company" lots of companies use a persons Name?????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It really isn’t about syrup.  It allows white America to feel good,  while ignoring the real ugly truths.  If this was a “Karen” she would be crucified Nationally in the media and it would be a discussion.  

D7AD8460-DE64-4634-8348-381C4826523D.jpeg

0AE6B2EF-1925-4F83-9755-4EE289DF0A8C.jpeg

It really isn’t about syrup.  It allows white America to feel good,  while ignoring the real ugly truths.

Yep, it allows the true racists to somehow get a pass.  While trying to blame EVERYONE for the past.

2 hours ago, sleepybrew said:

good post Jimmy. she was aware of what she was doing and wealthy from it. she looks happy in that photo. local school changed the name of the sports team from indians to riverhawks. i didn't hear the indians complaining, just woke assholes with nothing better to do. yet ice t is doing cheerios commercials even though he did the song cop killer. i guess since he is black and talking about killing cops he gets a pass. 

Fuck cops ....go Ice T

33 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Lol

muh histree!!!

Exactly... the history doesn’t match up with the cancel bullshit but hey why ruin a good narrative.

11 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

A great woman erased from history by idiots.
The branding of the syrup was a tribute to this woman’s gifts and talents. Now future generations will not even know this beautiful woman existed. What a shame. The world knew her as “Aunt Jemima”, but her given name was Nancy Green and she was a true American success story. She was born a slave in 1834 Montgomery County, KY. and became a wealthy superstar in the advertising world, as its first living trademark. Green was 56-yrs old when she was selected as spokesperson for a new ready-mixed, self-rising pancake flour and made her debut in 1893 at a fair and exposition in Chicago. She demonstrated the pancake mix and served thousands of pancakes, and became an immediate star. She was a good storyteller, her personality was warm and appealing, and her showmanship was exceptional. Her exhibition booth drew so many people that special security personnel were assigned to keep the crowds moving. Nancy Green was signed to a lifetime contract, traveled on promotional tours all over the country, and was extremely well paid. Her financial freedom and stature as a national spokesperson enabled her to become a leading advocate against poverty and in favor of equal rights for all Americans. She maintained her job until her death in 1923, at age 89. This was a remarkable woman, and sadly she has been ERASED by politics. I wanted you to know and remind you in this cancel culture time period.

78A7724C-21A8-41B4-87A3-7514C74A5EC2.thumb.jpeg.e32b3bbf4da5fa94c5951071fa30e35c.jpeg

Glad you finally caught up....

41 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Ketchup on pasties is way more offensive.

As in nipple coverings? Why would one put ketchup on a nipple...anyone with a brain know to use chocolate sauce. 

Edited by SkisNH

2 hours ago, motonoggin said:

Ketchup on pasties is way more offensive.

Ketchup on potato chips is the most offensive.    I don't fucking care if they are like cold French fries. 

13 hours ago, SkisNH said:

Well thanks for posting a 2 year old story 🙄

WGAF…I just happened to see it and thought it would make for good discussion. I posted a picture of Ayrton Senna driving the Players Special F1 Car….you want to spike the ball over that one as well? 🤣🤷🏻

3 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

WGAF…I just happened to see it and thought it would make for good discussion. I posted a picture of Ayrton Senna driving the Players Special F1 Car….you want to spike the ball over that one as well? 🤣🤷🏻

Good job with the emojis, you really drove home your point. (Pun intended)