Check your account email address ×

arctic cat & yamaha... pay attention here

10 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

You could check with @krom's dealer.  😉

As they and Team should be.  Luckily @Cat45 caught it before it became an aluminum grenade.  Have seen some ugly pictures...

It's for fat lazy people with more $ than common to pose with.  Obviously a 'let's use these parts up' bin sled from Catextron.  Riot chassis, yep we have lots of those.  Cobra 146's, of course... we still have 100's left over from 2021.  Turbo Yammie mill, yessir get as many of these gone as quick as we can.  How are we on 18 to current plastics?  We're overstocked... get them sold.

Where dare I ask are you riding a $la$h 9R newbie?  We're mostly non hand signaling, washed up trail riders (Ricky Racers) here.  Did Polaris throw in a free fire extinguisher:lol:

I heard they were giving out Pit Coats 😎😂😂

Edited by airflite1

49 minutes ago, airflite1 said:

I heard they were giving out Pit Coats 😎😂😂

Nomex?  May as well throw in an axe or camp saw to chop/cut wood and throw it on the inevitable inferno.

33 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Wonder if I could work a pit coat into a deal on a new 2023...

If you order a new sled through the race program, maybe? 

I was thinking today while driving... BRP is offering the Rene XRS Competition Package, Catextron is offering the RXC (again) to the consumers, but Polaris isn't offering the Cross Country to consumers.  Due to minimum unit requirements for ISR 'race legal', does this mean BRP and CatTextron are relying on consumers to aid in bumping up the numbers to make them legal for 2023 but Polaris doesn't have to be concerned because they sell/give enough away?      

We've been told countless times the ole' Procross is just fine for XC racing (which I don't deny) and in the hands of Herf can win the points championship (which he has) but are their units moved dwindling?  Following MIRA racing this winter it was (estimating) three Polaris R's to every one RXC on the track.  @fortune46x might have some insight he's willing or unwilling to share.  With Doo, I'd imagine between Cross Country (where they are weak #'s wise) and Adventure Racing (Iron Dog/Cain's) they'd move enough units not to 'have to' sell them to the public but... ?  I'd really like to see how the Lynx Enduro (129) would stack up against the RXC and Cross Country with the PPS skid in the ditch races.  

Rene XRS Comp is $14,299 msrp https://www.ski-doo.com/us/en/shopping-tools/customize-your-own/build-your-own-app.html?platform=SKI_RENEGADE&package=X_RS_COMP&unitid=000UCPA00  EDIT... it's $1500 less than an XRS, AND It comes with pull start?  

No idea on the Polaris Cross Country price and we'll have to wait until the 19th to see how bad Textron screws people over for an RXC, during the last Snowmaggedon when you could buy one I believe they were around $11k.  Undelivered 2022 6000 RR's were $13,795 msrp so I'd guess $14k+ easily for the consumer RXC in 2023.  Of course the Team riders pay far less, as they should.  Plenty of margin there.  ;)     

another Edit, and this is exactly how I'd imagine most retail buyers ride them.  :lmao: (sounds nice though)

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

16 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Nomex?  May as well throw in an axe or camp saw to chop/cut wood and throw it on the inevitable inferno.

I was thinking today while driving... BRP is offering the Rene XRS Competition Package, Catextron is offering the RXC (again) to the consumers, but Polaris isn't offering the Cross Country to consumers.  Due to minimum unit requirements for ISR 'race legal', does this mean BRP and CatTextron are relying on consumers to aid in bumping up the numbers to make them legal for 2023 but Polaris doesn't have to be concerned because they sell/give enough away?      

We've been told countless times the ole' Procross is just fine for XC racing (which I don't deny) and in the hands of Herf can win the points championship (which he has) but are their units moved dwindling?  Following MIRA racing this winter it was (estimating) three Polaris R's to every one RXC on the track.  @fortune46x might have some insight he's willing or unwilling to share.  With Doo, I'd imagine between Cross Country (where they are weak #'s wise) and Adventure Racing (Iron Dog/Cain's) they'd move enough units not to 'have to' sell them to the public but... ?  I'd really like to see how the Lynx Enduro (129) would stack up against the RXC and Cross Country with the PPS skid in the ditch races.  

Rene XRS Comp is $14,299 msrp https://www.ski-doo.com/us/en/shopping-tools/customize-your-own/build-your-own-app.html?platform=SKI_RENEGADE&package=X_RS_COMP&unitid=000UCPA00  EDIT... it's $1500 less than an XRS, AND It comes with pull start?  

No idea on the Polaris Cross Country price and we'll have to wait until the 19th to see how bad Textron screws people over for an RXC, during the last Snowmaggedon when you could buy one I believe they were around $11k.  Undelivered 2022 6000 RR's were $13,795 msrp so I'd guess $14k+ easily for the consumer RXC in 2023.  Of course the Team riders pay far less, as they should.  Plenty of margin there.  ;)     

another Edit, and this is exactly how I'd imagine most retail buyers ride them.  :lmao: (sounds nice though)

That guys doo dealer must not have set the clickers in the right spot 

12 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

That guys doo dealer must not have set the clickers in the right spot 

he gets better as the video moves along but keep in mind the speedo is in kmh.   they use 40's... not 46's on this package, unlike the Lynx

10 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I don’t think you are getting any performance sled under 14k new unless it is race program sled 

not without a Wes Selby sticker... or a unicorn

36 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Polaris doesn't need to offer their XC sled to consumers since they'll sell enough to racers to cover the minimum build quantity needed.  

Cat and Doo, not so much.

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

Polaris doesn't need to offer their XC sled to consumers since they'll sell enough to racers to cover the minimum build quantity needed.  

Cat and Doo, not so much.

'sell'... or 'sponsor'? 

there was a guy a couple years ago on C/L in MN with four brand new Axys XCR 600's for sale in their crates for a very 'reasonable' price before the season even began.  see plenty of their 'new' SX sleds f/s too.  Cat claims racers can't sell until April but I saw a few new 22's f/s this winter.  I know how it works... I'm just not 'in a program'. ;)

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

'sell'... or 'sponsor'? 

there was a guy a couple years ago on C/L in MN with four brand new Axys XCR 600's for sale in their crates for a very 'reasonable' price before the season even began.  see plenty of their 'new' SX sleds f/s too.  Cat claims racers can't sell until April but I saw a few new 22's f/s this winter.  I know how it works... I'm just not 'in a program'. ;)

Both for the Polaris side.

Ever wonder why these sno-x teams end up with XC sleds and 850's and whatnot to sell?  That is how their race program works for the higher up/high budget racers and teams.  I saw a coupple of the new Cross Countries for sale, for 15k.

Polaris will also sell the number needed just to racers in the midwest, Norfeast, Quebec, and AK, and other parts of Canada. 

Ski-Doo might pull this off too, but I'm thinking it must be close.  I think I could have scored up a Comp package sled when we bought the TNT, but our salesman said we wouldn't like the price.  

Cat has a discount and a PG&A budget.  I'm not sure what all they do for the "big" teams.

23 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

he gets better as the video moves along but keep in mind the speedo is in kmh.   they use 40's... not 46's on this package, unlike the Lynx

not without a Wes Selby sticker... or a unicorn

Yeah the 1st few minutes didn't look too good but he picked up the pace pretty good towards the middle. Looks like a cool place to ride

11 hours ago, oldslowsledder said:

Who was the HCS member that felt when you bring your new sled home from dealer (Polaris in this instance) it's up to the new owner to do a complete check over including engine and clutch alignment????

Check the clutch / engine alignment....  who has those tools...

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Both for the Polaris side.

Ever wonder why these sno-x teams end up with XC sleds and 850's and whatnot to sell?  That is how their race program works for the higher up/high budget racers and teams.  I saw a coupple of the new Cross Countries for sale, for 15k.

Polaris will also sell the number needed just to racers in the midwest, Norfeast, Quebec, and AK, and other parts of Canada. 

Ski-Doo might pull this off too, but I'm thinking it must be close.  I think I could have scored up a Comp package sled when we bought the TNT, but our salesman said we wouldn't like the price.  

Cat has a discount and a PG&A budget.  I'm not sure what all they do for the "big" teams.

We bought Tim Tremblays current model year practice sled a few years back for I think around 6000 with extra parts. It was pretty hammered but a blast to ride.

18 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

2023 ZR6000 RXC MSRP $15,199

Freight $500

Logistics Surcharge $200

Prep, who knows $???

Your choice of electric start, and trail sled chain case components, or real race sled chain case, and no electric start (both come with a recoil, no extra)

For reference:
2023 ZR 6000 LTD QS3 MSRP is $14,399

2023 ZR 8000 LTD QS3 MSRP is $15,399

2023 ZR 8000 LTD ATAC MSRP is $15,999

freight, surcharge, prep, etc all the same for every full size sled

But, WTF do I know, :dunno:  Hopefully  @ZR6000RR will chime in and tell us what is actually going on

Edited by krom
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, krom said:

Freight $500

Logistics Surcharge $200

Prep, who knows $???

Your choice of electric start, and trail sled chain case components, or real race sled chain case, and no electric start (both come with a recoil, no extra)

For reference:

But, WTF do I know, :dunno:  Hopefully  @ZR6000RR will chime in and tell us what is actually going on

Unless things have changes at one dealer I used to use, that would end up being a $17,715 or so sled once you finger in tax and their fees and register it in MN for 3 years.

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, krom said:

Freight $500

Logistics Surcharge $200

Prep, who knows $???

For reference:

Quite a bit more than the Doob, especially since they've been basically making the exact same sled since 2018.  Bng's must have drastically gone up in price.

On 4/9/2022 at 2:13 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

Quite a bit more than the Doob, especially since they've been basically making the exact same sled since 2018.  Bng's must have drastically gone up in price.

17* RXC came out with the ctec and next Gen plastics in 17 with the RS

7 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

And no seat cut out, no 4 wheel axle, a better front arm then the 18's, no crap handgaurds, tunnel protectors that are easy to install, no LED headlights, etc.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

And no seat cut out, no 4 wheel axle, a better front arm then the 18's, no crap handgaurds, tunnel protectors that are easy to install, no LED headlights, etc.

I thought the 4 wheel, LED and front arm came out in 17 as part of the next Gen hype. Not the first time I’ve been wrong lol

1 hour ago, Palu49 said:

right, but the complete turd wasn't offered to the masses until 2018.

2017 was the RXC and RS

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Your Mach actually came with them?

Tell us more...

Not much to tell, 3 position switch and you can feel the difference , anything between cushiony ride to super stiff. The sled also handles and corners exceptionally well, perhaps doo to the fact there is steering input sensors which allow the ECM to adjust shocks for cornering.

Lots of people complaining about their Mach's performance, mostly lack of top speed, but I must have got one of the good ones according to the dream-o-meter

kph.thumb.jpg.9f3e54bc96eb9103d51653a94aae834b.jpg

mph.thumb.jpg.e34653ec0a23e2284b5684ad5934d290.jpg

29 minutes ago, oldslowsledder said:

Not much to tell, 3 position switch and you can feel the difference , anything between cushiony ride to super stiff. The sled also handles and corners exceptionally well, perhaps doo to the fact there is steering input sensors which allow the ECM to adjust shocks for cornering.

Unpossible, according to intertwerb communications nobody has ever received these shocks and even if they did there is no way they would ever work this kinda stuff is all doo marketing....

• Haha 1