Check your account email address ×

2023 AC ZR RXC

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Yeah I was thinking of talking to them as well. Its nice having them local.

Not far from you at all, they are good peeps too, Ross offered me a job a few years ago,..kicking myself in the ass

Even a god damn rumor from Cat saying 'We may or may not be working on something new' would be better the nothing at this point.
Heck just take the Alpha, put on a normal rear skid and trail front end, update the panels for trail and spicey new lime green graphics with the big fierce Cat, or elephant balls soaked in gravy with a silver scheme.

Edited by amstech

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Not far from you at all, they are good peeps too, Ross offered me a job a few years ago,..kicking myself in the ass

That would be a bad ass job tho!!  

1 hour ago, ACE said:

Same with the 12-13 cat RR’s. People complained they were too stiff 

Yes, pussies.  Also, weren't the 13 skids a pile of garbage?  

1 hour ago, ACE said:

They never said they were having a big release 

And they delivered...

19 minutes ago, Anler said:

So.. a procross with wider stance and weird seat? Great job AC!

It's the cross country race sled, been the same since 2018 with the exception of one season as a 137" which the racers didn't use but TextronCat offered the general public

52 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

90% of XCR buyers are wanna-be's that think they need an XCR. They want the image, but really should be on a VR-1. I wish dealers could be realistic with buyers as to set appropriate expectations. Instead, what you get is a watered down XCR.....

I hear what you're saying, a lot of riders aren't honest with themselves, much else a dealer, about what kind of rider they really are.  I would say I fall into that category.

But, I also agree that most sales people aren't capable of working with the customer to find the right sled, either.  Before Covid, I was talking to a bigwig (that shall remain nameless) at a Polaris new model showing at the Medina Entertainment Center, a couple of miles from the corporate headquarters.  I asked about opportunities to test ride new models before buying.  I said I wasn't going to buy a new sled without a test ride. 

He said, "we don't do that any more", because the logistics are a nightmare (so, then, what is that thing they do in Upstate NY, where all the manufactures have a demo day all at the same venue?  And Polaris can't do that in their HOME STATE on their own turf???  Lame excuse, but I digress....).  He said, "besides, we can figure out which sled you want 90% of the time" by talking about what kind of riding you want to do.  I said, "who's WE", someone at corporate, or what?  He said, well, no - at a dealership.

My immediate thought was...  have you been to a dealership lately?  The only people I would trust don't sell sleds any more.

It is really a simple question.  Do you jump every road approach that is safe to jump, if yes, XCR/RR, if no, then buy a fucking trail sled you bitch.  Then build the damn models so they take it.

Edited by Deephaven

21 minutes ago, amstech said:

(I posted the following in Badgers thread about basically the same thing, but I'll copy and paste it here as it applies the same)

At this point, they are positioning themselves out of business.
IMHO it would have been better to have a new chassis with supply chain issues to generate excitement, with possibly a new 900 CTEC mill.
This strategy would pay off more in the long run and bring back more customers as it would keep interest peaked, and keep folks talking.

But Arctic Cat is no longer Arctic Cat, the company that never played it safe, is once again, playing it safe.
RIOTS with 1500 miles can be had 2nd hand for $9500 - $10,500 in my area.
While the new dinky 2 strokes Turbo's won't touch a ramped up 998 making 340HP, that market continues to die down as all of those boomers get older.

While it continues to be a long slow death, there is no doubt, death to Cat is coming.
Take a risk you fucking pansies.

Not for nothing, but you just implied that taking a risk on a company playing it safe was unwise. 

it's easy for them to say "you can figure it out". but last year when the matryx came out i was going to order an xcr. lucky me i got the chance to ride a vr1. 850 was wicked but i honestly didn't like the seat and riding position. just didn't feel at home on it. others have now said the same thing. had i not ridden that and bought an axys xcr , i may have ordered a sled that one , i may not have yet, and two i may have got a sled i didn't care for. thanks to rynex on hcs for letting me ride his vr1. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Still can’t buy them. Which is a load of crap. Something else is going on behind the scenes over there.

Think you are right. Why would they not take orders yet - it's not like the order takers are the same people trying to get parts to finish up the 22's. 

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

129" and the older style spindles 

They need to offer a RXC 800 version the way Polaris offers the XCR or Doo does with the XRS... and kill off the RR crap, imo

I don’t really see what you’re saying when you make this argument. The XCR and XRS are way further from their race sleds than the RR (besides track length although the 20 RXC was a 137 with new spindles). The last thing cat needs to do is water the RR down like the other 2.

30 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

Think you are right. Why would they not take orders yet - it's not like the order takers are the same people trying to get parts to finish up the 22's. 

Yeah. Plus it’s to late for a 2022 that hasn’t been built yet, so it makes no difference at this point to take pre orders. I wonder if cat is in the final stages of being sold off?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Yeah. Plus it’s to late for a 2022 that hasn’t been built yet, so it makes no difference at this point to take pre orders. I wonder if cat is in the final stages of being sold off?

So let’s say a guy is considering buying a 17 ZR 6 Roger Skime…should said guy be concerned about parts becoming unavailable down the road? 🤷🏻

1 hour ago, amstech said:

spicey new lime green graphics with the big fierce Cat, or elephant balls soaked in gravy with a silver scheme.

I'm not even sure what to do with this information.....

:wtf:

42 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

I don’t really see what you’re saying when you make this argument. The XCR and XRS are way further from their race sleds than the RR (besides track length although the 20 RXC was a 137 with new spindles). The last thing cat needs to do is water the RR down like the other 2.

No what I'm saying and have said is to scrap the RR moniker all together and offer an 800 powered RXC 

If people want adjust on the fly shocks and ball massaging seats... get a limited.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

So let’s say a guy is considering buying a 17 ZR 6 Roger Skime…should said guy be concerned about parts becoming unavailable down the road? 🤷🏻

Absolutely... where's it located and what's the price?  :lol:

Frankly- The RS is the finest sled that Cat has EVER built......

14 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Absolutely... where's it located and what's the price?  :lol:

Some dude in Nigeria has it…complicated deal….🧐🤣

11 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

Frankly- The RS is the finest sled that Cat has EVER built......

That’s what I like to hear…one owner trade in…local doctor had it for his wife. Clean, clean….👍🏼❄️🇺🇸

Right now, any RS is way over priced used. But I guess it is all relative. As much as I enjoyed my RS, I was ready to move on instead of buying yet another ProCross. 

It really is the pinnacle of Cat's engineering. Mine was by far the best calibrated sled I've ever ridden out of the crate. And I am 300lbs.....

23 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

No what I'm saying and have said is to scrap the RR moniker all together and offer an 800 powered RXC 

If people want adjust on the fly shocks and ball massaging seats... get a limited.  

Ahh yes I agree we may have had this conversation before I’m just pretty dumb. Bare bones no frills 8X0 trail weapon. Also limiteds need fancy gauges and all the bullshit so cat can sell more than 2.3 sleds a year. And for fuck sake get rid of all the dumb names and trim packages and go back to Z (blast), ZL (limited), ZR (RXC/RR deal) and TCat for the trail units.

I bought the XCR for '22 because I prefer the stiffer ride (for my fat ass) and when I do choose to get on it I don't want to cringe at every bigger bump I see in the way.  I didn't bother putting my HD torsions on it because I was actually pretty happy the first couple of rides on it.  But now, after this final ride last week .. I can tell I would be better off with the HD springs installed.  If I were considering a '23, I'd honestly look at a XC and go with the QS3's because I don't think the XCR is really set up that much more aggressive/stiffer.

As far as Cat's '23 lineup goes ... another super exciting BNG release :news:

Edited by Bontz
  • Like 1