The 2023 Cat Lineup...

23 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Headlight is perfect! Dont fuck with that. This gauge shit is just stupid. NS1 GAUGE or Garmin Tread puts them in running.  Looks are to the individual, but in most eyes, cat is the look you want. Long arm the 137 and Boom! You just out did the poo and doo Tards! That should get the gang going. Fuck this is fun!

In Bold; But still they haven't in sales, its all about volume. Get your head out of you arss do you want Cat to be a stronger bigger MFG?? ZR6 don't ever get into sales you would suck at it. I do 9 million dollars in sales a year and trust me give the customers what they want not what you want.    

7 hours ago, Badger** said:

In Bold; But still they haven't in sales, its all about volume. Get your head out of you arss do you want Cat to be a stronger bigger MFG?? ZR6 don't ever get into sales you would suck at it. I do 9 million dollars in sales a year and trust me give the customers what they want not what you want.    

Sure you do. 

2 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Sure you do. 

Just because you are only qualified to hold a stop sign and wave cars by doesn't mean the rest of us here aren't successful.  Perhaps you should take pride at being the least intelligent poster on the site...or in the top 3 anyway as there are some doozies.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I'm shocked that Cat still generates any discussion on the sled forums. There's no longer much of a customer base, and their products are really no longer relevant. Any real innovation from them ended with the Blast....and that is lackluster at best if you're in to children's sleds.....

Edited by Ziemann
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

He does? 

I do, sales not take home. Very high volume meat distributor in the Midwest we do over 150 million $ in sales per year. I'm just a regular Joe like C2C you and everyone else trying to make it in this world.   

15 hours ago, Badger** said:

It’s all about the ebita in big companies. If it is less than 10% the line goes away. As you know, new things out sell old things and make more money as soon as they hit the market.

4 hours ago, Ziemann said:

I'm shocked that Cat still generates any discussion on the sled forums. There's no longer much of a customer base, and their products are really no longer relevant. Any real innovation from them ended with the Blast....and that is lackluster at best if you're in to children's sleds.....

I am also surprised by this but think there is a really small number of absolute diefuckinghards that will argue to the death that Cat's innovation is right up there or even ahead of Doo and Poo all while it's obvious even to a third grader that they have done almost nothing over the past decade for the trail rider.  It's obvious with justification that all there is are new plastics.  Well fuck, Cat cannot even get plastics and stickers then.

And yes, the fucking overpriced cheaply made Blast does not count as innovation.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ziemann said:

I've noticed there isn't nearly as much cat bashing as there once was. Think it's that everyone feels sorry for them since Textron neutered the brand 

44 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

It’s all about the ebita in big companies. If it is less than 10% the line goes away. As you know, new things out sell old things and make more money as soon as they hit the market.

There is an old saying a new broom sweeps clean.  

33 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

I've noticed there isn't nearly as much cat bashing as there once was. Think it's that everyone feels sorry for them since Textron neutered the brand 

Most of the TextronCat bashing the past few years has been by current and/or former Cat owners... imo

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Most of the TextronCat bashing the past few years has been by current and/or former Cat owners... imo

Exactly. I invested a ton of hard earned money in to the brand, and as I did, Cat went from the pinnacle of main stream trail performance to the butt of a joke on an internet forum. It has been painful to watch the decline, and it pisses me off to watch the brand be neglected like this. 

The mistakes and neglect are so obvious, that it's easy to poke fun at those who still defend the brand, and at Textron in general. 

Arctic Insider and Country Cat do a better job of consumer relations and communication than TextronCat does 

Who's jumping in line for MY1 of a new chassis or engine from them after the bang up job they've done so far?

:lmao:

Screenshot_20220318-164602.png

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Arctic Insider and Country Cat do a better job of consumer relations and communication than TextronCat does 

Who's jumping in line for MY1 of a new chassis or engine from them after the bang up job they've done so far?

:lmao:

Screenshot_20220318-164602.png

Well engine alone, any honest poo rider would be all in with there record on new motors. Unless you have a serious memory loss anyway. Just sayin. Ya know, facts and shit like that. 

I've got nothing invested in my brand identity.  If Cat falls of a cliff and disappears forever, my pride is not affected.  However, that does affect me, because it takes out two competitors.  I've always liked Arctic Cat and have grown to like and respect Yamaha (because they're a better looking version of Arctic Cat).

I want Cat to survive because it's good for the sport and good for us.  When they hang on to the ProCross Gen II chassis for another year, it's just a bit of a let down, I'm not hurt.  In fact this year, I'm actually more enthused than last year because they have great graphics and added EPS to another model.  If the new stuff is introduced next year, I might bite, it depends on what it is.  

Again, I'm thankful we still have 4 brands, and enjoy watching them compete.  

I also think that Cat isn't close enough to death yet for Textron to give up on them.  That day is coming, I just don't think we're there yet.  Sometimes you have to be faced with the impossible before you're willing to do the impossible.  For Arctic Cat, there are better days ahead, but it might get pretty dark before we see them.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Well engine alone, any honest poo rider would be all in with there record on new motors. Unless you have a serious memory loss anyway. Just sayin. Ya know, facts and shit like that. 

I don't own a BRP or Polaris... yet.  Let's stay focused here on Textrons shortcomings, not those of others who own... idk 78% of the market share of sales.

If I were you I'd sell that 22rr for another $1k of profit to your family member again and get an RXC or 650 XCR.

Time to watch BRP and Polaris kick Cat's teeth in some more on the SX track tonight.  :lol:

On 3/17/2022 at 2:00 PM, Premium said:

I 100% agree.

That said what you propose above would've been great back in 2018, 2019, 2020, etc.  Now the Procross is legitimately old. 2023 will be the 12th iteration of a largely unchanged core structure.  Cat is still the heaviest.  They still have the most dated ergos. They still haven't fixed the mind-boggling slip fit driveshaft/brake bearing interface. Fewest options, fewest engine choices, least playful chassis, dated gauge, etc.

A bombshell of a new sled could right the ship but all I hear is: next year, your time is coming, tHe SuPpLy ChAiN!....meanwhile Poo and Doo are doing simultaneous mic drops (then the excuse comes well who says Poo and Doo can deliver on time....Cat/Textron couldn't deliver on time and they've been building the same sled since 2012!!)

The money got pulled from everywhere- racing, marketing, dealer relationships.  After 5 years of ownership Textron has proven nothing except they gutted R&D as well.

Good post.  We use to have 3-4 diehard Cat guys in our group and it was always fun to line them up or which off sleds because each manufacturer did offer some good features.  One by one the Cat diehards have now purchased either Polaris or Doo and the last Cat rider we had purchased a Polaris once he seen nothing new appeared to be coming and couldn't be ordered until April when the other manufacturers programs were over.

I don't want to only see only 2 manufacturers either because they use to push each other on technology.  If Arctic  Cat was coming out with something new you would have thought you would have seen some teasers to entice the diehard's to hang on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doug said:

If Arctic  Cat was coming out with something new you would have thought you would have seen some teasers to entice the diehard's to hang on.

This is, 'there's a new chassis/platform/etc. coming' rumor year number three to my knowledge...

Shit, or get off the pot

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I don't own a BRP or Polaris... yet.  Let's stay focused here on Textrons shortcomings, not those of others who own... idk 78% of the market share of sales.

If I were you I'd sell that 22rr for another $1k of profit to your family member again and get an RXC or 650 XCR.

Time to watch BRP and Polaris kick Cat's teeth in some more on the SX track tonight.  :lol:

I would quit sledding before I bought a poo or doo. Those sleds are TRASH! You mean Doo kicking the shit out of Polaris. Cat has a win this year. Does Poo? I don't follow it either as it means nothing. Just Cross Country where Cat, again has the points lead and the vast majority of victory's. But as long as you are focused. I am going to start consuming adult beverages as I gave my only Polaris to a friend of mine. He picks it up tomorrow. My 97 XC 600 Gave it to him mind you. That is how anti Poo I am. Told him to take it out in the tree's and burn it. No longer my problem child. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

I would quit sledding before I bought a poo or doo. Those sleds are TRASH! You mean Doo kicking the shit out of Polaris. Cat has a win this year. Does Poo? I don't follow it either as it means nothing. Just Cross Country where Cat, again has the points lead and the vast majority of victory's. But as long as you are focused. I am going to start consuming adult beverages as I gave my only Polaris to a friend of mine. He picks it up tomorrow. My 97 XC 600 Gave it to him mind you. That is how anti Poo I am. Told him to take it out in the tree's and burn it. No longer my problem child. 

Calling you a halfwit is unfair to those that truly have half the wit of the rest of us.  You have the thought capability of a rock.  Good you found a job holding a stop sign as your mental capability is obviously stretched even doing that.

• Haha 1

So a question to the pootards. Who came up with the Brilliant idea of putting the oil tank above the clutches? What kind of special helmet wearing, short bus riding person thought this was a good idea? Two people on the trail this year had there belts destroyed by oil getting all over there clutches. But you have more market share than cat so? I guess the apple does not fall far from the tree. 

8 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Two people on the trail this year had there belts destroyed by oil getting all over there clutches. But you have more market share than cat so? I guess the apple does not fall far from the tree. 

Must have been your friends as it is really pretty idiot proof to keep the oil off the belt....but of course morons will fail.  Have to assume your friends have the same intellectual challenge that you have.

• Haha 1