Check your account email address ×

Rumor mill thread...

I stumbled onto that over the weekend, and all I got out of that thread was why I don’t go back to HCS.  Are these same people yelling at Target and Walmart about how bare their shelves are and how they can’t buy their favorite Jello or yogurt any more?   I don’t envy the factory reps from any manufacturer, because these people are out of control.  On the other hand, they could be doing a lot better in setting expectations and finding ways of keeping the customers calm while they wait.

15 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

I stumbled onto that over the weekend, and all I got out of that thread was why I don’t go back to HCS.  Are these same people yelling at Target and Walmart about how bare their shelves are and how they can’t buy their favorite Jello or yogurt any more?   I don’t envy the factory reps from any manufacturer, because these people are out of control.  On the other hand, they could be doing a lot better in setting expectations and finding ways of keeping the customers calm while they wait.

That's been my overall complaint since the original December 15th date came, and went by.  I get that they have to try and stay positive with their communications to customers, but stop blowing smoke up customers' asses by claiming it will ship by a certain date.  From what I'm seeing, there's no rhyme or reason as to how long a sled has been built vs. when it arrives at the dealership.  Perfect example - one of my buddies is a Polaris Ambassador, and ordered his wife a VR1.  It finally showed up last week & he picked it up Saturday.  The sticker on the tunnel shows it was built July 13th.  WTF?

I'm fully understanding of the supply chain woes, but going back to Chris Wolf's "lessons learned" video last Spring, and the fact Polaris can't tell a customer anything other than "We're sorry" ... that's the shit that irritates me.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

Yes 

My old boss used to frequently say 'some people would complain if you hung them with a brand new rope'.   Miss that man.

13 minutes ago, Bontz said:

That's been my overall complaint since the original December 15th date came, and went by.  I get that they have to try and stay positive with their communications to customers, but stop blowing smoke up customers' asses by claiming it will ship by a certain date.  From what I'm seeing, there's no rhyme or reason as to how long a sled has been built vs. when it arrives at the dealership.  Perfect example - one of my buddies is a Polaris Ambassador, and ordered his wife a VR1.  It finally showed up last week & he picked it up Saturday.  The sticker on the tunnel shows it was built July 13th.  WTF?

I'm fully understanding of the supply chain woes, but going back to Chris Wolf's "lessons learned" video last Spring, and the fact Polaris can't tell a customer anything other than "We're sorry" ... that's the shit that irritates me.

They have shareholders to please first.  

Interestingly, parts sales for older non warranty vehicles are up.  There's more than one way to skin a lemming. ;)

21 minutes ago, Bontz said:

A phone call to Polaris customers service explaining that I was told my sled was shipping the week of January 10th and still not here January 27th is no longer a supplier/covid issue.  This now falls fully on Polaris and Polaris logistics.  They need to own that and explain how it takes over 17 days to ship a sled 10 hrs a way.  They also need to explain why a customer can snow check the exact same sled I did late during snow check when Polaris lists the model as limited supply and I snow checked my sled the first week of snow check and he gets his sled 3 weeks before I do.

• Like 2

Anyone know if Polaris is getting a new 120 & 200 yet?  It's about time to update from the trailing arms.  Idk if they've sued Cat lately so maybe not.  

I will lmfao if they bring a fresh midsize sled ... to the point of tears 😂

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Anyone know if Polaris is getting a new 120 & 200 yet?  It's about time to update from the trailing arms.  Idk if they've sued Cat lately so maybe not.  

I will lmfao if they bring a fresh midsize sled ... to the point of tears 😂

You'll have to save the LMFAO to the point of tears when they introduce this, I guess ... and no, I'm not being a smartass here.  I'm wondering how much I'll be SMH and laughing too.

image.png.6984afeac1ab7b98e4655df147bf565a.png

Just now, Bontz said:

You'll have to save the LMFAO to the point of tears when they introduce this, I guess ... and no, I'm not being a smartass here.  I'm wondering how much I'll be SMH and laughing too.

image.png.6984afeac1ab7b98e4655df147bf565a.png

All I know at the moment with certainty is to have extremely low expectations for what comes out of TRF for 2023

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

All I know at the moment with certainty is to have extremely low expectations for what comes out of TRF for 2023

I bet you see a limited .... very limited ... release of the new Cat chassis.  Cat would be smart doing it that way as it shows there really IS something coming, but not putting themselves in a position to let COVID screw up a full production run.  Then for the 2024's it will probably be crazy times with people ordering the new stuff.

13 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I bet you see a limited .... very limited ... release of the new Cat chassis.  Cat would be smart doing it that way as it shows there really IS something coming, but not putting themselves in a position to let COVID screw up a full production run.  Then for the 2024's it will probably be crazy times with people ordering the new stuff.

What leads me to believe not to expect a damn thing, no changes to the race chassis for 2023 and as @Nanner stated, it's been awfully quiet around TRF.  In addition, if they were going to bring something, anything why wait until the last possible moment and let all the interest revolve around BRP & Polaris.  The incompetence just makes me sick.  🤢

50 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

What leads me to believe not to expect a damn thing, no changes to the race chassis for 2023 and as @Nanner stated, it's been awfully quiet around TRF.  In addition, if they were going to bring something, anything why wait until the last possible moment and let all the interest revolve around BRP & Polaris.  The incompetence just makes me sick.  🤢

It is called Covid and supply issues. In case you were living in a box for the past two years. The Race sled from every brand was basically the same sled. Cat is still the sled to beat in Cross Country so why change? For change sake?

16 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

It is called Covid and supply issues. In case you were living in a box for the past two years. The Race sled from every brand was basically the same sled. Cat is still the sled to beat in Cross Country so why change? For change sake?

He's not buying either way just an internet critic bench racer.

Just now, mnstang said:

He's not buying either way just an internet critic bench racer.

There are a lot of them out there. I am hoping to push past 1000 miles this weekend. Supposed to be like a teeter totter weather wise though. We have a Fun run (use to be called poker run) on Saturday so that will be a ride regardless of the weather.

• Like 1