Check your account email address ×

Rumor mill thread...

5 hours ago, fortune46x said:

The rumor mill continues at the races claiming something big is coming from polaris on the 28th - that will piss off folks waiting on pre orders (new sleds with a price increase)

tell me it's a 2S triple with triple pipes that meets EPA... I double dog dare you  :lmao:

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

I can confirm those rumors.

I heard they're going all in on gray for 2023

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

tell me it's a 2S triple with triple pipes that meets EPA... I double dog dare you  :lmao:

I heard they're going all in on gray for 2023

We find out tomorrow. It’s probably the 1,000 twin they put out a dyno teaser of 

10 hours ago, Not greg b said:

sxs blog spun crank bearings in their month old pro r. Polaris needs a 4 stroke snowmobile like it 

Poo is consistently building junk engines, with crank bearing problems

21 hours ago, Deephaven said:

I can confirm those rumors.

If anyone needs to know, I confirm that you confirmed that there are rumors.

I’d love to see a reason for me to go back to Polaris, besides seeing a 1974 TX 500 at an estate sale.

One rumor I heard is the return of the Indy 500 in a mid sized chassis.

I just made that up... but would lol mah face off if they did. :lol:

4 hours ago, wrinkly balls said:

If you look at the flex tec gen three handguards thread on AI the pictures of those two sleds are 2023's!!!!!! So nothing new from cat again, FuuuuuuuuKK!!!!!

So by those pics you deduced no new stuff? Not going to change everything. Way to over react though.

6 hours ago, wrinkly balls said:

If you look at the flex tec gen three handguards thread on AI the pictures of those two sleds are 2023's!!!!!! So nothing new from cat again, FuuuuuuuuKK!!!!!

Not 23’s.  Where did you get that idea?

1 hour ago, Palu49 said:

Arctic cat hasn’t had an all orange gen2 procross with a black seat….

Ya know, I pride myself on being able to find things online that nobody else can find.  It’s actually part of my job to do that.  But, lately I have missed several things that were right in front of me and I don’t understand why.

Where is the orange ProCross?  I didn’t see one in Kale’s photos and I didn’t see one in the linked story.  You must be looking at a different post than I am.

The 22 Ltd had a bunch of orange in it, but also was partly grey.  The 21-22 mountain sleds and RiotX had a much brighter orange, all orange.  The 21 regular Riot had orange and black.  I realize it’s fairly easy to spot the mountain front suspension, but the 22 Ltd and 21 Riot would both look like trail sleds from the front.  Is it possible that’s what you saw?

Edited by p51mstg

I saw that Yamaha post, but thought he was talking about a Cat-badged sled.  Wasn’t the ProCross basically built for a turbo?  Would it make sense to put the turbo in a new chassis first?  Or, leave the turbo in the old chassis?  Aren’t the 2S trail sleds the ones that need a refresh first?  I think it’s a mistake to keep both 2S and 4S engines in the same chassis.

Now, more pressing business:  What’s going to happen today???  What is that thing in the Polaris sneakpeak?  Is that their only trick this year?  It’s a big day for Polaris.  Wish I could watch live, but I’ll be on the road at that time.

Edited by p51mstg

2 hours ago, Palu49 said:

Arctic cat hasn’t had an all orange gen2 procross with a black seat….

Sorry - I see it now.  DUH….

The photo is in the handguard story.  Yes, I would say that looks different than anything in their 21 or 22 lineup.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

I saw that Yamaha post, but thought he was talking about a Cat-badged sled.  Wasn’t the ProCross basically built for a turbo?  Would it make sense to put the turbo in a new chassis first?  Or, leave the turbo in the old chassis?  Aren’t the 2S trail sleds the ones that need a refresh first?  I think it’s a mistake to keep both 2S and 4S engines in the same chassis.

Now, more pressing business:  What’s going to happen today???  What is that thing in the Polaris sneakpeak?  Is that their only trick this year?  It’s a big day for Polaris.  Wish I could watch live, but I’ll be on the road at that time.

The procross was built to fit any engine you can think of in it. Cat could come out with new chassis built around the ctech 2 strokes now that they don’t have to fit 9 million engines in it 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, wrinkly balls said:

22's has orange hood and the rest of sled was dipped in gray. 23's have no gray!!!!!

I didn’t see the photo in the hand guard story and have apologized for missing that (above).  

I don’t know what can be deduced from the picture about the 23’s, however.  They’re not leaking anything that is going to tip off anyone.  Yamaha’s teaser did the same thing with the Sidewinder.  That’s both good and bad, I think.  

It’s good, because they shouldn’t give the competition anything - since they’re the last to announce it would give Doo and Polaris an opportunity to counter before Cat even has a chance to sell a single sled.  It’s bad, because it makes everyone assume nothing new is coming.

Last year, everyone predicted there was no new chassis and I disagreed.  All of us guessed, and I was wrong.  I think they’re sandbagging this year and that they have a trick up their sleeve.  It’s much more fun to believe that, and funner still if I’m right.