Check your account email address ×

Rumor mill thread...

16 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

It is called Covid and supply issues. In case you were living in a box for the past two years. The Race sled from every brand was basically the same sled. Cat is still the sled to beat in Cross Country so why change? For change sake?

Welcome to the party... you're a little late on hundreds of post regarding the supply chain issues.  

Historically speaking when there are evolutionary changes coming they are built and tested with the race sleds first.  Also, if not for Herfindahl (much like TH68) the old Procross in racing these days is not competitive.  But you live in a little green bubble where thousands of people are riding bLasts and marketing 'the past' is perfectly acceptable.   The rest of the world is moving forward.  @Ziemann a Cat guy from HCS seems to enjoy his new Polaris and others have moved on to other brands as well.  @Not greg b, you ordering a 2023 Cat after having dozens of them?   You, and a few seem incapable of seeing past the ancient history that once WAS Arctic Cat.

Hope you put your asbestos underwear on for this place.  ;)

1 minute ago, ZR6000RR said:

There are a lot of them out there. I am hoping to push past 1000 miles this weekend. Supposed to be like a teeter totter weather wise though. We have a Fun run (use to be called poker run) on Saturday so that will be a ride regardless of the weather.

Same I have three days of riding this weekend with the boys and looking forward to it.  Weather here is looking good with maybe a little snow a couple days, haven't rode too many bluebird days this year, lot of gray days and snow days but can't complain with the weather we've had overall.  Snow and cold temps I'll take it.

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Welcome to the party... you're a little late on hundreds of post regarding the supply chain issues.  

Historically speaking when there are evolutionary changes coming they are built and tested with the race sleds first.  Also, if not for Herfindahl (much like TH68) the old Procross in racing these days is not competitive.  But you live in a little green bubble where thousands of people are riding bLasts and marketing 'the past' is perfectly acceptable.   The rest of the world is moving forward.  @Ziemann a Cat guy from HCS seems to enjoy his new Polaris and others have moved on to other brands as well.  @Not greg b, you ordering a 2023 Cat after having dozens of them?   You, and a few seem incapable of seeing past the ancient history that once WAS Arctic Cat.

Hope you put your asbestos underwear on for this place.  ;)

Well Dave Brown won the race before, on a Cat so your Herfindahl theory is already shot. Kind of like you and riding from the sound of it.  

Just now, ZR6000RR said:

Well Dave Brown won the race before, on a Cat so your Herfindahl theory is already shot. Kind of like you and riding from the sound of it.  

I've been riding quite a bit, on two PRE-TEXTRON Arctic Cat's.  

20 minutes ago, mnstang said:

He's not buying either way just an internet critic bench racer.

I should add up what I've in parts the last couple years, which is more profitable than the sale of 'a' snowmobile. 

Or maybe I shouldn't... 😆

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

2 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Not what people in the know say about you. They say you are very good at riding the keyboard though.  

Actually, people on this mb do know me and have ridden with me.  I'm not hiding out in some po dunk town in Bumblefuck MN where you'll never see a Polaris or Skidoo and to speak ill of Textron is forbidden. 

But you be you bro 😂

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Actually, people on this mb do know me and have ridden with me.  I'm not hiding out in some po dunk town in Bumblefuck MN where you'll never see a Polaris or Skidoo and to speak ill of Textron is forbidden. 

But you be you bro 😂

He's so full of shit and himself. Hes the guy in town that people will roll there eyes and nod there head when he starts babbling on.

The recent club ride pics show how much cat dominance there is in his area.

Screenshot_20220215-112843_Facebook.jpg

1 minute ago, Boonbocker1 said:

He's so full of shit and himself. Hes the guy in town that people will roll there eyes and nod there head when he starts babbling on.

The recent club ride pics show how much cat dominance there is in his area.

Screenshot_20220215-112843_Facebook.jpg

I was on it and it was about 50 50 Cat Poo with a couple three doos.

25 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

I was on it and it was about 50 50 Cat Poo with a couple three doos.

Well, I sincerely hope you helped raise some funds for hospice.  Wife, family and myself are big supporters of our local program.

5 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Well, I sincerely hope you helped raise some funds for hospice.  Wife, family and myself are big supporters of our local program.

At $1,100 so far. That is what I have raised I should clarify.

Edited by ZR6000RR
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I should add up what I've in parts the last couple years, which is more profitable than the sale of 'a' snowmobile. 

Or maybe I shouldn't... 😆

Oh yeah.  I remember you bragging about supporting the industry because you bought a spring from speedwerx.

28 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Oh yeah.  I remember you bragging about supporting the industry because you bought a spring from speedwerx.

I've probably spent $5k or more in parts/labor/machining over the past year or so.  Do you need to see the receipts?

Back of the napkin math on just the stock 500 is about $1400 for this season in upgrades and repair parts.  Should roll 6k on it this week.

What's the Jag budget up to?

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

4 hours ago, Bontz said:

You'll have to save the LMFAO to the point of tears when they introduce this, I guess ... and no, I'm not being a smartass here.  I'm wondering how much I'll be SMH and laughing too.

image.png.6984afeac1ab7b98e4655df147bf565a.png

I can hear the printers already firing up the stop sale/ride of this model .... Jk I had to get a shot in 

2 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

It is called Covid and supply issues. In case you were living in a box for the past two years. The Race sled from every brand was basically the same sled. Cat is still the sled to beat in Cross Country so why change? For change sake?

Polaris: 

2020 - new track new rear tunnel setup 

2021 - fuel injection introduced 

2022 - new ecu and refinements to fuel injection 

AC: 

2020 awol 

2021 - return of fuel injection to the rail rather then the back of the cylinder 

2022 - unchanged

Skidoo: 

2020 - new rails, heat exchanger, new arm geometery, ecu company change

2021 - new shocks (why improve when you're dominating everyone) 

2022 - side panel refinements, seat changes, severe changing in oem venting, changed intake , changed injectors, changed engine mounts, changed brakes 

There has been substantial changes in snocross for most of the brands but simply put cat didn't change much. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fortune46x said:

I can hear the printers already firing up the stop sale/ride of this model .... Jk I had to get a shot in 

Polaris: 

2020 - new track new rear tunnel setup 

2021 - fuel injection introduced 

2022 - new ecu and refinements to fuel injection 

AC: 

2020 awol 

2021 - return of fuel injection to the rail rather then the back of the cylinder 

2022 - unchanged

Skidoo: 

2020 - new rails, heat exchanger, new arm geometery, ecu company change

2021 - new shocks (why improve when you're dominating everyone) 

2022 - side panel refinements, seat changes, severe changing in oem venting, changed intake , changed injectors, changed engine mounts, changed brakes 

There has been substantial changes in snocross for most of the brands but simply put cat didn't change much. 

Yet Cat is is still competitive without any changes. Why change when you can win with what is proven?

Just now, ZR6000RR said:

Yet Cat is is still competitive without any changes. Why change when you can win with what is proven?

I'm a cat guy (all I ride)  and I know better than that... they are struggling I see it every round at snocross. in XC Herf has had how many DNF's with some of the greatest guys in the industry at his back. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

I'm a cat guy (all I ride)  and I know better than that... they are struggling I see it every round at snocross. in XC Herf has had how many DNF's with some of the greatest guys in the industry at his back. 

Herf just took his third straight 500. Pretty consistent with old tech. Brown won the previous race both stock and mod. Bennum won in Fargo. Lots of sleds DNF but most were from crashes. Not sure you even know your point. New does not always mean better. 

Cor PowerSports Race Series - Home | Facebook

Lots of Polaris in the DNF even with all those new and improved updates. 

50 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I've probably spent $5k or more in parts/labor/machining over the past year or so.  Do you need to see the receipts?

Back of the napkin math on just the stock 500 is about $1400 for this season in upgrades and repair parts.  Should roll 6k on it this week.

On the bold..

dr-evil-one-billion-dollars.gif

45 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Why are you talking about this?  I said you're not buying anything either way, and your reply is talking about how much aftermarket parts you're buying.  Proving my point further.  Good job sport.