Check your account email address ×

wrenchin sleds !!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111 not beginner lessons!!11

f7ben

On Saturday, February 11, 2017 at 10:19 PM, Fireball 440 said:

Did some sled wrenchin today, got the old Formula Plus running with a new primer & fuel line cleaned carbs. The old girl still rips!

IMG_20170211_142010.jpg

IMG_20170211_144506.jpg

I had an old 92 formula plus. Great little sled. 

3 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

My back hurts just looking at some of these older sleds. :lol:  :bc:  Although I did put a few miles on my 00 SXr this winter, I forgot how well it moved out.  Lightweight triple.

fuck old sleds.  xp or  a barney is about the oldest iron im riding

16 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Guy I use to ride with (tuner68 on HCS) Had an '01 ZRT 1000 SnoPro. Remote reservoir shocks and had the clickers mounted by the steering post so you could do quick adjustmesnts without having to get off the sled.   Was a bad ass sled.  A tad heavy, but it moved out and suspension was awesome on the trails. It wasn't a lake racer.  We all switched sleds occasionally and it was a fun sled for sure :bc:

Did he try to sell it at Haydays a while back, maybe 10 years ago?

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

fuck old sleds.  xp or  a barney is about the oldest iron im riding

I dont mind the zr zrt chassis...ck3 s 2000 chassis's arent bad either for couch style...but ck3s dont handle well.

57 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Possibly IDK I didn't go.  Did you see it at Sled Solutions booth? If so, yep that's the one. 

I think it was maybe out in the swap.  I just remember a ZRT or Thundercat with 4 clickers routed up to the side of the hood and 2 Dial-Adjusts mounted to the handlebar.  

I didn't look too much at it, but thinking about it, I'm kind of curious as to why it had 4 clicker reservoirs.

11 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I think it was maybe out in the swap.  I just remember a ZRT or Thundercat with 4 clickers routed up to the side of the hood and 2 Dial-Adjusts mounted to the handlebar.  

I didn't look too much at it, but thinking about it, I'm kind of curious as to why it had 4 clicker reservoirs.

On one of my Zrs i had one knob to control the rear skid on the steering post if i remember correctly...it was factory and pretty much useless once it was dialed in....just like the foot board ones on doos are.

6 minutes ago, Dave said:

On one of my Zrs i had one knob to control the rear skid on the steering post if i remember correctly...it was factory and pretty much useless once it was dialed in....just like the foot board ones on doos are.

That is the Dial-Adjust.  The ones from the 90's were Fox, the later ones were ACT (Cat's knock-off of it), with the exception of the 01 Sno-Pros had Dynamic brand.  

The Fox's are the best, but for 90%+ of the people, it was a set it and forget it or you'd push oil past the piston in the adjuster assembly and you'd need a rebuild anyway.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Dave said:

I dont mind the zr zrt chassis...ck3 s 2000 chassis's arent bad either for couch style...but ck3s dont handle well.

CK3's are awesome for strightline racing though :thumb: The one have with a VanAmburg tunnel, 151" M10 and widening kit up front is more of a novelty sled that I'll probably never sell

• Like 1

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

I haven't seen that sled since '06   I'll have to look in my picture files for it . 

I know he doesn't have it anymore 

2 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

That is the Dial-Adjust.  The ones from the 90's were Fox, the later ones were ACT (Cat's knock-off of it), with the exception of the 01 Sno-Pros had Dynamic brand.  

The Fox's are the best, but for 90%+ of the people, it was a set it and forget it or you'd push oil past the piston in the adjuster assembly and you'd need a rebuild anyway.  

It was a 90s zr with fox shocks. :bc:

20 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Can't imagine there is another sled with the clickers mounted like that.

It's possible there were more people who did thier sleds up like like that. Dave was on HCS   It's possible someone did the same thing he did. He did sell that sled. And IIRC , he did go to Hay Days with Paul (Sled Solutions) before. I'm just not sure if he took his sled there to sell or not.  I'm gonna shoot Paul another text and ask him