Check your account email address ×

wrenchin sleds !!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111 not beginner lessons!!11

f7ben

11 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Wasn't me, that was my kids sled. He decided to be Evel Kinevl a couple weeks ago and roll his sled 

Wow, those cat steering posts are garbage. Yours looks like less damage over all, and that steering post is bent all to fuck :lol:

Actually, that post was stout.  I caught a ski and it slammed into hard ground at about 25-30 mph sending me into a fantabulous superman with poor landing skills.  I've never been ejected so fast off of a vehicle.  

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Actually, that post was stout.  I caught a ski and it slammed into hard ground at about 25-30 mph sending me into a fantabulous superman with poor landing skills.  I've never been ejected so fast off of a vehicle.  

My kid was doing 50+ when he rolled it . Luckily he wasn't hurt at all 

4 hours ago, Fireball 440 said:

Did some sled wrenchin today, got the old Formula Plus running with a new primer & fuel line cleaned carbs. The old girl still rips!

IMG_20170211_142010.jpg

IMG_20170211_144506.jpg

Nice.  87?   Looks like it's in really good shape.

My back and knees hurt just looking at it tho.  No way I'd ride that in some Saturday afternoon whooped out trails :lol:

3 hours ago, dz246 said:

That sounds like a ben7 style wreck....... :lol: 

Naaaaa, not quite. :lmao:   It wasn't totaled :lol:

3 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

To be fair, sled insurance rates here in MN have dropped about 15% since he has left.  

:lol::lmao:

5 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Nice.  87?   Looks like it's in really good shape.

My back and knees hurt just looking at it tho.  No way I'd ride that in some Saturday afternoon whooped out trails :lol:

Naaaaa, not quite. :lmao:   It wasn't totaled :lol:

:lol::lmao:

88 or 89 521cc. It's for the vintage ride, 7 miles, and for the cabin when snowed in. I paid $100 for it.

• 1 month later...

Started tearing down the zrt the other night .....just ordered pistons and looking for cyls. Going to do a stock cyl stock pipe 1004 kit. Also gonna get the pipes coated and do some other nice stuff to it. I'm hooked on the big old triple !!!!!!!1111111

14 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Started tearing down the zrt the other night .....just ordered pistons and looking for cyls. Going to do a stock cyl stock pipe 1004 kit. Also gonna get the pipes coated and do some other nice stuff to it. I'm hooked on the big old triple !!!!!!!1111111

Just a few days ago you said you hated vintage sleds. :lol:

Love those old zrts btw. :bc:

3 minutes ago, Dave said:

Just a few days ago you said you hated vintage sleds. :lol:

Love those old zrts btw. :bc:

This one is a blast to drive if there are no big bumps ......its my river rocket. Sled is just super clean and has a ton of new parts and I have under $1000 in it :lol: 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, f7ben said:

This one is a blast to drive if there are no big bumps ......its my river rocket. Sled is just super clean and has a ton of new parts and I have under $1000 in it :lol: 

Those big bore kittys were some of the fastest sleds around back then. Great project! :bc: 

Just now, Edmo said:

Those big bore kittys were some of the fastest sleds around back then. Great project! :bc: 

I'll post some pics of the progress when it really gets going

3 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Don,t forget to tighten the flywheel bolts. Is it going to be a stroker kit ?

copy the flywheel bolts :lol: 

Its not really a stroker kit per se , the 800/900 bottom end has a stroke of 65mm and the 1000 lower had a stroke of 64.4 or something. If you use the zr700 pistons and a spacer under the 1000 cylsthey will bolt up to the 8/900 lower end without modification. This gives you 1004cc's vs the tcat's 998 ....its all stock parts aside from the machined spacers from D&D. I should be able to throw the kit together for 300$ or so with used parts this summer. With stock pipes and heads cut for 87 oct it should make an honest 180hp

Edited by f7ben

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

What year is it? 

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Guy I use to ride with (tuner68 on HCS) Had an '01 ZRT 1000 SnoPro. Remote reservoir shocks and had the clickers mounted by the steering post so you could do quick adjustmesnts without having to get off the sled.   Was a bad ass sled.  A tad heavy, but it moved out and suspension was awesome on the trails. It wasn't a lake racer.  We all switched sleds occasionally and it was a fun sled for sure :bc:

2 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Guy I use to ride with (tuner68 on HCS) Had an '01 ZRT 1000 SnoPro. Remote reservoir shocks and had the clickers mounted by the steering post so you could do quick adjustmesnts without having to get off the sled.   Was a bad ass sled.  A tad heavy, but it moved out and suspension was awesome on the trails. It wasn't a lake racer.  We all switched sleds occasionally and it was a fun sled for sure :bc:

they should have kept the triple and put it in the cross country chassis in 02 .....the wide running boards would have been great to have with the big triple

• Like 1

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

they should have kept the triple and put it in the cross country chassis in 02 .....the wide running boards would have been great to have with the big triple

See if Rox still makes them.  That's what Dave had on his 

2 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Cool story.