Check your account email address ×

Trickle down is a failure

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

So I am supposed to feel sad because other people are sad?  Or I can't feel happy unless everybody feels happy?  Or my life can't feel fulfilled unless everyone else feels theirs is?  You are starting to sound like a liberal.  Are you sure you aren't in denial about that?  :D

No one has freedom until everyone does.

That's kinda how freedom works.

Otherwise, it's not freedom, it's privilege.

11 minutes ago, Sludgey said:

Iceman has always been very jealous of successful people 

Why, Is he a silver spooner or someone who would be asking customers if they would prefer fries and a coke with it if not for family etc?  In other words another useless fuck.

5 hours ago, ICEMAN! said:

When the minimum wage is raised, the people making it will have more money that they WILL spend, which will increase demand for products and services and that will benefit everyone including the middle class as it leads to job growth and job security.  It's a positive feedback loop where everyone benefits.

And when the minimum wage is increased it raises the cost of goods so the middle class that didn't get a benefit from an increase in minimum wage now have to pay more and therefore spend the same amount of money but buy less products. So that means less production and less minimum wage labour demand.

5 hours ago, ICEMAN! said:

When the minimum wage is raised, the people making it will have more money that they WILL spend, which will increase demand for products and services and that will benefit everyone including the middle class as it leads to job growth and job security.  It's a positive feedback loop where everyone benefits.

really . so when they make more money the cost of the goods cost that much more the cost of transport cast more . then lets not even get in to the fact I am not hiring anyone at a higher wage that knows shit . I will just no longer train any one in a trade why would I? why would any one ? lets not forget when min wage goes up automation looks a lot more appealing in markets like fast food/ cashers/no more bag boys / no more drivers / lots of jobs gone at a certain point  .I am not making less just to pay some guy who brings nothing to the table but a body and a open hand . u will see a very sharp increase in long term internships   

4 hours ago, motonoggin said:

You forget that we can control inflation with interest rates.

A very narrow view and only one aspect of managing inflation. It essentially impacts big ticket items one borrows money for but hasn't any real impact on the commodities people pay cash for and don't carry debt. Higher production costs associated with labour costs from a wage increase get passed on in the selling price of the product.

29 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

No one has freedom until everyone does.

That's kinda how freedom works.

Otherwise, it's not freedom, it's privilege.

:lmao:

Whatever.  Then I'm not free.....and still happy about it.  Is that ok?  Or is there some other white guilt I should factor into it all so I am can be upset/angry/sad/disenfranchised?Black guilt?  Somebody please tell me why i should be sad!  I'm not a liberal so I don't understand it!!!!!!  

Now "privelidge" I assumed that was referring to race.  Dude, hate to tell you this, if we were all the same race, we still wouldn't be equal.  Some would be better looking, taller, thinner....whatever.  Some have more intelligence, drive and fucking want nicer things.  And this is gonna cook your brain because guess what you being white got you?  A higher intellect and reasoning ability over most races.  Now, I do wonder if maybe you may be the missing link based on some of your complete craziness on here...but the reality is, hating yourself because of the race you were born into is just as fucking stupid as feeling superior about it. The correct feeling (if any) would be humility.  

If you respond to this with a fucking meme, it better be funny. :lol:

15 minutes ago, Dave said:

Icemans out to lunch again

Oh, I vote him uber secretary president of economy of the greater Canadian provinces (less Minnesota).

What a nim rod. :lol:

Somebody was smoking a lot of crack during economics 101.

1 hour ago, 02sled said:

And when the minimum wage is increased it raises the cost of goods so the middle class that didn't get a benefit from an increase in minimum wage now have to pay more and therefore spend the same amount of money but buy less products. So that means less production and less minimum wage labour demand.

Total bullshit. The cost increase in goods doesn't match the raise dollar for dollar. With your logic you should be protesting obscene CEO salaries. Makes shit more expensive...

6 minutes ago, Anler said:

Highmark and zambroni...

First off, the phrase "trickle-down economics" was an invention of the Dems to blatantly smear a type of economics program put in place by the R's.  While not perfect, like any economic plan, it has strong benefits and is a proven strategy.  Assuming of course the government is kept lean....which this plan also promotes.

So, if you want to attend class any further, take your seat young man, 1st grade is about to begin...if you chose.  I'm happy to teach it.  But I would like you to explain Obama's plans over the last eight years...we'll stick to simple ones though.  Starting with the ARRA (stimulous plan).   A DOOZY! :lol:Pelosi approves!  :taunt:

Moderator to this debate will be my fucking balloon knot.  :ashamed:

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Total bullshit. The cost increase in goods doesn't match the raise dollar for dollar. With your logic you should be protesting obscene CEO salaries. Makes shit more expensive...

Wrong.

1 minute ago, Anler said:

McDonald's CEO got a$50 million dollar bonus! Now my big Mac costs $50 million! 

Stop being a little fucking hater.  We're all filled up in here.  You smokin' shit again? You and Moto need to get an alignment as of late, your shit is wobbling all over the white line.

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

First off, the phrase "trickle-down economics" was an invention of the Dems to blatantly smear a type of economics program put in place by the R's.  While not perfect, like any economic plan, it has strong benefits and is a proven strategy.  Assuming of course the government is kept lean....which this plan also promotes.

So, if you want to attend class any further, take your seat young man, 1st grade is about to begin...if you chose.  I'm happy to teach it.  But I would like you to explain Obama's plans over the last eight years...we'll stick to simple ones though.  Starting with the ARRA (stimulous plan).   A DOOZY! :lol:Pelosi approves!  :taunt:

Moderator to this debate will be my fucking balloon knot.  :ashamed:

Apparently the term has been used by all kinds of folks for over 100 years. And historical data proves it is always a failure...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trickle-down_economics

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Wrong.

Stop being a little fucking hater.  We're all filled up in here.  You smokin' shit again? You and Moto need to get an alignment as of late, your shit is wobbling all over the white line.

I run a contracting business. We do $7-$9 million dollars a year in revenue. Every year my union employees get a raise. The price of my services do NOT go up by the percentage of the raise. And I'm sure all of my vendors give their employees raises every year. Especially the union ones. Sorry brah but you just dumb...

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Apparently the term has been used by all kinds of folks for over 100 years. And historical data proves it is always a failure...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trickle-down_economics

-Makes a statement that is "skewed" then posts a link that doesn't back up his statement.

THAT is ALWAYS a failure.

So...let's start here then.  The "trickle down THEORY" is a theory that has been around for a while.

Now, here's what stumped me...."historical data proves it is always a failure".  Now you're being weird!

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

-Makes a statement that is "skewed" then posts a link that doesn't back up his statement.

THAT is ALWAYS a failure.

So...let's start here then.  The "trickle down THEORY" is a theory that has been around for a while.

Now, here's what stumped me...."historical data proves it is always a failure".  Now you're being weird!

There is info at the link. Psst.. you have to click on the links... :bc:

Just now, Anler said:

I run a contracting business. We do $7-$9 million dollars a year in revenue. Every year my union employees get a raise. The price of my services do NOT go up by the percentage of the raise. And I'm sure all of my vendors give their employees raises every year. Especially the union ones. Sorry brah but you just dumb...

Based on that little bit of information you just devulged.  I'd say you are an inept businessman.  And a hater. :lol:

1 hour ago, Ebsell said:

You can kill an economy with interest rates as well 

No! Really?

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

really . so when they make more money the cost of the goods cost that much more the cost of transport cast more . then lets not even get in to the fact I am not hiring anyone at a higher wage that knows shit . I will just no longer train any one in a trade why would I? why would any one ? lets not forget when min wage goes up automation looks a lot more appealing in markets like fast food/ cashers/no more bag boys / no more drivers / lots of jobs gone at a certain point  .I am not making less just to pay some guy who brings nothing to the table but a body and a open hand . u will see a very sharp increase in long term internships   

Well, now you're just making a list of things wrong with the capitalist model of economics and why it's not going to last. That's not nice.

1 hour ago, 02sled said:

A very narrow view and only one aspect of managing inflation. It essentially impacts big ticket items one borrows money for but hasn't any real impact on the commodities people pay cash for and don't carry debt. Higher production costs associated with labour costs from a wage increase get passed on in the selling price of the product.

Only if the market will bear the increase in price. It's up to the market, not the seller. Or have we conveniently thrown out simple market economics for this post? 

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

:lmao:

Whatever.  Then I'm not free.....and still happy about it.  Is that ok?  Or is there some other white guilt I should factor into it all so I am can be upset/angry/sad/disenfranchised?Black guilt?  Somebody please tell me why i should be sad!  I'm not a liberal so I don't understand it!!!!!!  

Now "privelidge" I assumed that was referring to race.  Dude, hate to tell you this, if we were all the same race, we still wouldn't be equal.  Some would be better looking, taller, thinner....whatever.  Some have more intelligence, drive and fucking want nicer things.  And this is gonna cook your brain because guess what you being white got you?  A higher intellect and reasoning ability over most races.  Now, I do wonder if maybe you may be the missing link based on some of your complete craziness on here...but the reality is, hating yourself because of the race you were born into is just as fucking stupid as feeling superior about it. The correct feeling (if any) would be humility.  

If you respond to this with a fucking meme, it better be funny. :lol:

White isn't a race, it's an attitude. 

14 minutes ago, Anler said:

McDonald's CEO got a$50 million dollar bonus! Now my big Mac costs $50 million! 

10/10 :owned:

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Based on that little bit of information you just devulged.  I'd say you are an inept businessman.  And a hater. :lol:

I don't think you know anything about the costs of doing business... I can prove it with examples but you wouldn't be able to comprehend. 

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

So you are union,  bfd,  you can also pay more but I am sure you don't.   Come live in my world where your union wages don't mean shit and you have to compete on value add.