Check your account email address ×

Trickle down is a failure

16 minutes ago, Anler said:

It is rare for me to have to bid against less than 5.

I am sure you visit other countries to quote those jobs and spend tens of thousands in doing so.  No I do not bother quoting against sheep or what I call a whores market.

13 hours ago, ICEMAN! said:

I read the thread title and after some deep thought , and taking into consideration that the best part of Momo trickled down someones leg and we got stuck with what was left........... well........ I came to the conclusion that you may be right on this one, Ice .   :bc:

• Like 3

5 hours ago, 02sled said:

And when the minimum wage is increased it raises the cost of goods so the middle class that didn't get a benefit from an increase in minimum wage now have to pay more and therefore spend the same amount of money but buy less products. So that means less production and less minimum wage labour demand.

Oh God, is this another "the poor people are going to destroy or did  destroy the economy" argument again like when the right wing blamed them for crashing the housing market?

:lol:

18 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

Oh God, is this another "the poor people are going to destroy or did  destroy the economy" argument again like when the right wing blamed them for crashing the housing market?

:lol:

His boss should cut his pay...

2 hours ago, motonoggin said:

Sounds like you're afraid of competition

I wont waste my time with more than a hand full of guys hell I wont waste my time if 3 are bidding I don't need to. I really only like to take cost plus if u don't like it find some one else U called us for a reason

15 hours ago, Anler said:

McDonald's CEO got a$50 million dollar bonus! Now my big Mac costs $50 million! 

What an idiot you are. you obviously don't understand a single thing about economics of business. Whatever a business spends whether it be a CEO bonus or increased employee wages, the money has to come from somewhere. They only have one source of money and that's the sale of their products. Operating costs go up cost of producing the product go up. They aren't about to give it away. They are in business to MAKE money. Bottom line the cost to the consumer goes up. 

$50m to the CEO impacts all the products moron. Everything goes up a little bit. Or perhaps through automation and efficiency driven by the CEO they need fewer people and saved $100m. So there is a one time saving of $50m first year and $100m every year thereafter. That may even prevent price increases from other factors like the increase in their supply cost 

15 hours ago, Anler said:

Total bullshit. The cost increase in goods doesn't match the raise dollar for dollar. With your logic you should be protesting obscene CEO salaries. Makes shit more expensive...

exec pay is a rounding error in most of these companies.  divide it by the number of employees and most employees would be lucky to get a big mac meal out of it.  

35 minutes ago, 02sled said:

What an idiot you are. you obviously don't understand a single thing about economics of business. Whatever a business spends whether it be a CEO bonus or increased employee wages, the money has to come from somewhere. They only have one source of money and that's the sale of their products. Operating costs go up cost of producing the product go up. They aren't about to give it away. They are in business to MAKE money. Bottom line the cost to the consumer goes up. 

$50m to the CEO impacts all the products moron. Everything goes up a little bit. Or perhaps through automation and efficiency driven by the CEO they need fewer people and saved $100m. So there is a one time saving of $50m first year and $100m every year thereafter. That may even prevent price increases from other factors like the increase in their supply cost 

Right and they let the govt (meaning you and I) subsidize their workforce with housing, medical, food, diapers and money. So although you dont have to pay $1 more for your sammich, you DO get to pay extra in taxes. Not to mention that low wages lack incentive for people to want to enter the job market in the first place. But that is changing. Lots of areas around the country are taking a look at their local rates and making changes.

If lower wages are so critical to business health then why are companies moving BACK to high dollar urban areas? And especially urban areas that are RAISING their local minimum wage rates?

http://www.economist.com/news/business/21706285-lots-prominent-american-companies-are-moving-downtown-leaving-city

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

If lower wages are so critical to business health then why are companies moving BACK to high dollar urban areas? And especially urban areas that are RAISING their local minimum wage rates?

http://www.economist.com/news/business/21706285-lots-prominent-american-companies-are-moving-downtown-leaving-city

Why is Kansas such a failure after slashing their taxes?  It should be a model for trickle down economic success instead of such a dismal failure.

2 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

Why is Kansas such a failure after slashing their taxes?  It should be a model for trickle down economic success instead of such a dismal failure.

Well I am not a proponent of high taxes but there needs to be a balance. And bills need to be paid.