Check your account email address ×

Trickle down is a failure

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

So you are union,  bfd,  you can also pay more but I am sure you don't.   Come live in my world where your union wages don't mean shit and you have to compete on value add. 

:lol:

Good fucking god. Broken fucking record...

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

So you are union,  bfd,  you can also pay more but I am sure you don't.   Come live in my world where your union wages don't mean shit and you have to compete on value add. 

Some of my employees I pay more. I can compete anywhere. I am a bad ass brah... :bc:

4 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

No! Really?

Well, now you're just making a list of things wrong with the capitalist model of economics and why it's not going to last. That's not nice.

Only if the market will bear the increase in price. It's up to the market, not the seller. Or have we conveniently thrown out simple market economics for this post? 

White isn't a race, it's an attitude. 

10/10 :owned:

My bad.  Then what is Black?  Yellow?  Tan?  Chocolate/Vanilla twist?

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Some of my employees I pay more. I can compete anywhere. I am a bad ass brah... :bc:

I have three projects right now in Mexico.   How many do you have?   How would you and your union crownies even attempt that? 

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

I have three projects right now in Mexico.   How many do you have?   How would you and your union crownies even attempt that? 

We don't go to Mexico. Are you one of those guys that aren't in a union but know all about unions? I'll give you a quick lesson... My employees union wages are only guaranteed within that unions jurisdiction.  

We are having a hard time keeping up with the work load here, so we don't have any plans of expanding to Mexico... :bc:

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

Huh?

I have done projects in many countries.   We don't have a union to hide behind,  we have to compete with local companies and justify our solutions.   Must be nice when everyones wages are the same.   You have it easy my friend. 

Just now, Zambroski said:

My bad.  Then what is Black?  Yellow?  Tan?  Chocolate/Vanilla twist?

Black is a race. Latino is a race. Caucasian is a race. Asian is a race. Persian is a race. Arab is a race. 

Whiteness, while primarily existing in white people, can include people of color and other oppressed classes.

Whiteness is about using political, social, and economic power to oppress people of lower social, political, and economic standing.

Whiteness does oppress people with European heritage as well, through class oppression. That oppression pales in comparison, however, to the oppression experienced by those in the lower classes who aren't white heterosexuals.

We would refer to whitey as 'the man'.

As in, "Let's stick it to the man".

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

Do those employees have the ability to buy more then?  I guess you have your own little trickle down going.

So you are in favor of higher mw? Great! :bc:

I have done projects in many countries.   We don't have a union to hide behind,  we have to compete with local companies and justify our solutions.   Must be nice when everyones wages are the same.   You have it easy my friend. 

I compete against non union companies all the time. In fact I do really well in a market 120 miles south of me that has an average $12 an hour lower hourly labor cost than I do. And some of my clients own property and do stuff all over the country. I get asked to do stuff all over. But we choose to stay in the Midwest. 

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Well apparently, his "astute" business mind has somehow found a way to let wage increase percentages out perform company services.  So, let's not be hasty in expansions right now.  Although, a party for "Grand Closing" may be a good idea to start planning.

Hey Anler, if you can "phone in" the funk at a party like that you can save some money!  Eh...sounds like you'd like to pay full price anyway.  :taunt:  Trickle down bishes!

6 minutes ago, Anler said:

23 minutes ago, Anler said:

I run a contracting business. We do $7-$9 million dollars a year in revenue. Every year my union employees get a raise. The price of my services do NOT go up by the percentage of the raise. And I'm sure all of my vendors give their employees raises every year. Especially the union ones. Sorry brah but you just dumb...

:lol: Reading your posts convinced me a long time ago that your partner is the obvious brains of the business and you are no more than a fat lazy foreman. :bc:

1 minute ago, Anler said:

So you are in favor of higher mw? Great! :bc:

I compete against non union companies all the time. In fact I do really well in a market 120 miles south of me that has an average $12 an hour lower hourly labor cost than I do. And some of my clients own property and do stuff all over the country. I get asked to do stuff all over. But we choose to stay in the Midwest. 

I am in favor of more buying power, the $$$ amount doesn't really matter.

BTW, are you part of that group that calls the non union shops and threatens them if they get too close to chi town?

9 minutes ago, Anler said:

We don't go to Mexico. Are you one of those guys that aren't in a union but know all about unions? I'll give you a quick lesson... My employees union wages are only guaranteed within that unions jurisdiction.  

We are having a hard time keeping up with the work load here, so we don't have any plans of expanding to Mexico... :bc:

I am an engineer so are all my employees.  I work with both union and non union electrical and mechanical contractors on various projects.  Mexico is one but so is India,  china,  this land etc.   Point is you are not really competing when everyone has to use the same wage scale bud. 

3 minutes ago, Rw06GT said:

:lol: Reading your posts convinced me a long time ago that your partner is the obvious brains of the business and you are no more than a fat lazy foreman. :bc:

Wanna bet? :news:

9 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Black is a race. Latino is a race. Caucasian is a race. Asian is a race. Persian is a race. Arab is a race. 

Whiteness, while primarily existing in white people, can include people of color and other oppressed classes.

Whiteness is about using political, social, and economic power to oppress people of lower social, political, and economic standing.

Whiteness does oppress people with European heritage as well, through class oppression. That oppression pales in comparison, however, to the oppression experienced by those in the lower classes who aren't white heterosexuals.

We would refer to whitey as 'the man'.

As in, "Let's stick it to the man".

Do you ever feel alone?

I am an engineer so are all my employees.  I work with both union and non union electrical and mechanical contractors on various projects.  Mexico is one but so is India,  china,  this land etc.   Point is you are not really competing when everyone has to use the same wage scale bud. 

No, you're just competing on the basis of the quality of the work instead of price. 

You sure you run a fucking business, bro?

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Well apparently, his "astute" business mind has somehow found a way to let wage increase percentages out perform company services.  So, let's not be hasty in expansions right now.  Although, a party for "Grand Closing" may be a good idea to start planning.

Hey Anler, if you can "phone in" the funk at a party like that you can save some money!  Eh...sounds like you'd like to pay full price anyway.  :taunt:  Trickle down bishes!

No doubt and I am sure he is still paying full price for his people when quoting non-union work.  Its really quite sad to listen to this shit.

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Did you see where I said I compete against non union companies? We only have to pay the same on public works projects where it is required by law. We have highly skilled and experienced crews and use the latest technology and equipment. We can do certain tasks for less than the industry average rates. That's unit rates, not labor rates...