Check your account email address ×

Are electric cars really as good as they say?

6 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

How many EVs do you own?

Same question.

One of the worst industrial facilities I have ever been in was a car battery recycling plant.  All they are left with is chunks of lead and chips of plastic but the conditions were awful.  Those batteries are pretty easily recycled to.  There isn't an infrastructure to recycle EV batteries efficiently yet.

Zero,  but I do only own one vehicle presently.  If I were to own 2 the second would be a hybrid or EV.  They make sense.  When the time comes I will not become a whiny bitch about adopting electric technology into my ownership.

Neal

22 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

It seems that electric is making its way into the Hypercar world.  

Perhaps hybrids are a good option for northern and remote locations.

Neal

Apple's EV should be interesting. 

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

EV’s are the future. Batteries will be recycled and sold again as electric fork truck batteries have been for decades so the old pollution to manu them is bs. Think of the oil, trans fluid and rear end fluid not needed? Where has that been going? No more gas additives needed. There will be zero emissions from a EV.

The sooner the better

Those fork trucks run big lead acid batteries not lithium or worse. Lead is cheap and easy to recycle lithium not so much. 

On 12/6/2021 at 5:50 PM, ACE said:

Heard they do mileage runs in the cold with the heater off. And if you use the heater it knock off like another 50%

All you have to do is plug your electric heater in to a generator to hear the drain on the system 

4 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Porsche Taycan just drove across the country with less than 2.5 hours of charge time for just under 2900 miles.  Seems nearly inconsequential to me.  I would want more break than that for a drive that long.

But as you know you get a room on a interstate at night every charger at the hotel is full  see it every time . And most of those are just the standard 220 plugs . Not world ending but still not somtbingvto count on . Same with teuch stops with diners.  Always looks to be a line waiting for the 2 to 8 bays . 

My electrician has been making big bank installing residential chargers . Not sure how he got on the tesla list but he did .

90% of his jobs are in Minneapolis of those over 1/2 need a full service upgrade lol most of the old houses are not even 80 amp .  The wire going to the house is not even big enough . Now they are getting in to issues in some neighborhoods that the old main line in the hood can not Handel the 5 chargers and the rest of the required load for the block or run or what ever it is. Guess this is most common on old dead end runs . 

I guess lots of young people look to have stretched there budget to buy the car and don't have the $$$ for the home service upgrade or worse tge dumb fucks are renting and buy one lol 

Then they have to gorilla  charge around town 

3 hours ago, racer254 said:

And yet you still haven't bought one?  Hypocrite!!!

Typical total asshole remark from a low IQ clown.

I like a Mclarens and Porches too so I can’t talk about them cause I don’t own one.

2 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

How many EVs do you own?

Same question.

One of the worst industrial facilities I have ever been in was a car battery recycling plant.  All they are left with is chunks of lead and chips of plastic but the conditions were awful.  Those batteries are pretty easily recycled to.  There isn't an infrastructure to recycle EV batteries efficiently yet.

Another idiot response.

3 hours ago, Mainecat said:

EV’s are the future. Batteries will be recycled and sold again as electric fork truck batteries have been for decades so the old pollution to manu them is bs. Think of the oil, trans fluid and rear end fluid not needed? Where has that been going? No more gas additives needed. There will be zero emissions from a EV.

The sooner the better

Yeah you just plug it in to a current bush sweet deal 

5 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Typical total asshole remark from a low IQ clown.

I like a Mclarens and Porches too so I can’t talk about them cause I don’t own one.

Yep, typical liberal hypocrite, just like another member here.  Brags about how good electric vehicles and emissions yet he goes and buys multiple diesels to travel the country to get out into nature.  The very nature that you idiots are trying to protect with ELECTRIC.  FFS, you couldn't be more out of touch.  Practice what you preach and vote for, then maybe you would have a leg to stand on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The cost of the vehicles is too high for me except the ford E-truck and good luck getting one of those. 150 mile range in cold temps. would work great for me even 125 miles would cover me quite well and needs to be 4wd or awd.

49 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Yep, typical liberal hypocrite, just like another member here.  Brags about how good electric vehicles and emissions yet he goes and buys multiple diesels to travel the country to get out into nature.  The very nature that you idiots are trying to protect with ELECTRIC.  FFS, you couldn't be more out of touch.  Practice what you preach and vote for, then maybe you would have a leg to stand on.

Well using your mentality you should just shut up if you don’t own one.

1 minute ago, teamgreen02 said:

I'd wager I own an electric vehicle before you do.  Probably have an electric for a commuter vehicle and a 3/4 ton for hauling stuff and longer trips.

Good for you. It has nothing to do with discussing EV’s.

On 12/6/2021 at 3:43 PM, airflite1 said:

It they would work in my area I'd have one, but the lack of milage in cold weather and charging stations for trips, I don't  see them as viable yet but then again if I lived in the city I'd have one in a heartbeat. 

I think the next car for the wife will be a leased EV or hybrid.  Totally makes sense for her.  Me, not so much.  Hybrid is the way to go rather than full EV.  The Tundra/Sequoia Hybrid will be a winner for people who want the ease of gasoline.

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

My wife drives our "truck" now which means I can get an EV as soon as they release the one I want.  When I take one of the boats, the sleds or whatever we will trade cars.  My car is mostly used to run to and from soccer & basketball.

On 1/30/2022 at 10:53 AM, NaturallyAspirated said:

It seems that electric is making its way into the Hypercar world.  

Perhaps hybrids are a good option for northern and remote locations.

Neal

Would have to be hybrid to function here