Check your account email address ×

I miss this stuff most ...

Bontz

4 hours ago, Not greg b said:

I just posted it on Hcs in the 2022 cat thread. We shall see what they say 

4 hours ago, Not greg b said:

it does not include the 2020. Hummm 

No traction, that forum is as dead as a Polaris 800 piston.

2020 out of warranty?

Textron, covering ass

35 minutes ago, Doug said:

They were " Ridden to their limits"  you know the feeling.

27 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Shit!  They quit as soon as they started losing power!  Go big I say!  Nobody likes a quitter!

From what I've gathered, lean burn at relatively low rpm and subsequent overheating.  There were a pile of Riots the past few Winters that low rpm lean burned.  

When I rebuilt the 720 I spent a f-load of time researching the numbers to make certain my boondocker had the correct settings and how to adjust fuel trim based upon the plugs.  Then, ran out of winter.  

42 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

From what I've gathered, lean burn at relatively low rpm and subsequent overheating.  There were a pile of Riots the past few Winters that low rpm lean burned.  

When I rebuilt the 720 I spent a f-load of time researching the numbers to make certain my boondocker had the correct settings and how to adjust fuel trim based upon the plugs.  Then, ran out of winter.  

Clutch engagement :5500

Power valves open :6800

Cruising speed :30 mph

Distance until burn down: 2 miles

:lol:

3 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Which one?  The one they had to rename because it was all redone or the complete changes to the 2nd one when it wouldn't run right either?

The Procross is an old boring piece of shit, but if I were to own another it would surely have a Zuke motor.

You forgot ass dragger

Cat doesn’t need anymore bad news. Crazy that the dipshits at Yamaha are considering offering more rebadged Cats as Yamaha’s. that’s just what Yamaha MOTOR company needs to do. Sell more blue Arctic Cats that don’t even feature their own engine. 
https://www.supertraxmag.com/features/yamahas-high-performance-2-stroke-trail-sled/n4213

On 11/8/2021 at 2:33 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

WHERE IS JIM RAMSTAD? 

:sos:

On 11/8/2021 at 3:19 PM, Ziemann said:

@Bontz 

Maybe it is time to reach out to Jim again? We need a new play thing....

He's a member here :thumbsup: I approved his account weeks ago,,,,,,now it's up to him to post and you guys to figure out his screen name :lol:

56 minutes ago, HSR said:

He's a member here :thumbsup: I approved his account weeks ago,,,,,,now it's up to him to post and you guys to figure out his screen name :lol:

Well with that little tidbit of information, I just figured it out ... not too difficult to find :whistle:

4 hours ago, HSR said:

Jim doesn't even disguise himself well over at Arcticchat. Welcome Jim! Looking forward to your expertise on the Arctic Cat Blast.....but it's not a kids sled......

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I see the have moved on from shimming the clutch with pennies 

I borescoped both cylinders last spring and both cylinders and pistons looked brand new.  There must be a specific combination of factors.  It’s not like a was pushing it, either.  I even let my wife drive it.  

It’s not that I don’t believe there’s a problem with the fuel mapping, it’s just that my mileage definitely varied on that issue.  

Maybe I live in Opposite Land, or something.

Since I have the full sized Team clutch, do I need quarters?

Edited by p51mstg

15 hours ago, p51mstg said:

I borescoped both cylinders last spring and both cylinders and pistons looked brand new.  There must be a specific combination of factors.  It’s not like a was pushing it, either.  I even let my wife drive it.  

It’s not that I don’t believe there’s a problem with the fuel mapping, it’s just that my mileage definitely varied on that issue.  

Maybe I live in Opposite Land, or something.

Since I have the full sized Team clutch, do I need quarters?

No the b last uses a super cheap clutches different from the big sleds