Check your account email address ×

Anyone else getting parts, looking at their new sled or prepping their machines yet?

On 12/16/2023 at 10:58 PM, Palu49 said:

The fuckin heat cycle thing is about as annoying as the fuckin crybabies worried about a run in the paint on the underside of the hood. This is the one that got me a warning and less than an hour later some other nerd posted about the same thing on there in a non satirical way.

IMG_2811.png

Use some rubber or something on the hard ass handle so when they let it go and it snaps back it has less shock on the plastics.. OR just buy electric start, OR don't let go of the handle and allow it to snapback.. I could probably fix this in about 13 minutes or less with a old rubber innertube out of a bike tire. OR Short piece of heater hose around the cord? Take handle off thread cord through heater hose? 

Edited by jonlafon1

3 hours ago, Sled_Hed said:

How was the fishing on "sledderz" last night? :lol:

Sheeeew, those boys took it hook, line and sphincter. Nothing makes me laugh harder that people defending brands that charge them money for their product. The level of ignorance in the snowmobile world is insane too. I found out you have to take the cylinders off a ctec 800 to get the exhaust valves out, polaris and cat are owned by the same company, the longer your tunnel the less chance you have of doing a wheelie and that ski doo front ends don’t suck.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, awful knawful said:

IMG_20231219_155506_615.jpg

IMG_20231219_155512_251.jpg

Grip and rip depleted the worlds aluminum reserves building braces so you don’t bend up your bulkhead hitting the trailer ramp too hard so now they’re trying to tackle Doos 20th straight year of of bump steer and unpredictable handling?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

Sheeeew, those boys took it hook, line and sphincter. Nothing makes me laugh harder that people defending brands that charge them money for their product. The level of ignorance in the snowmobile world is insane too. I found out you have to take the cylinders off a ctec 800 to get the exhaust valves out, polaris and cat are owned by the same company, the longer your tunnel the less chance you have of doing a wheelie and that ski doo front ends don’t suck.

There was definitely some learning going on.. "at least we have 50% more cc's" :crazy:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Palu49 said:

Grip and rip depleted the worlds aluminum reserves building braces so you don’t bend up your bulkhead hitting the trailer ramp too hard so now they’re trying to tackle Doos 20th straight year of of bump steer and unpredictable handling?

Grip n rip didn't make these.

I put 17500kms on a g4 and didn't bend anything.

3 hours ago, Palu49 said:

I like how Bryan put it on Gunner's podcast.

"Geometry is not a theory, it's a fact."

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I like how Bryan put it on Gunner's podcast.

"Geometry is not a theory, it's a fact."

I’ll have to listen to that. It’s absolutely asinine that doo hasn’t fixed it yet and they have what I would assume to be the answer right there on the race sleds.

6 hours ago, Palu49 said:

Tell them 509 products are trash and they will go through the roof 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Palu49 said:

I like the retards that tear down 600cc machines, yet they are like 350 pounds and/or can't outride a 550 fanner.

6 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I LOLz every time I see someone rave about how great their 509 gear is.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

15 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I like the retards that tear down 600cc machines, yet they are like 350 pounds and/or can't outride a 550 fanner.

I sold the 1 509 helmet I ever owned and replaced it with a Gmax which is a 50x better helmet and some kid gave me more for the used 509 than I paid for the new Gmax.

30 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Dude I'm right here :sad:

:lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Palu49 said:

I sold the 1 509 helmet I ever owned and replaced it with a Gmax which is a 50x better helmet and some kid gave me more for the used 509 than I paid for the new Gmax.

So I talked to a rep at a show. There are only a few companies in the world that actually engineer and produce the molds for helmets. And it is very few. Gmax is one of them and fly is the upscale line. It is jogging my memory but who the others are but i think he said shoi, aria, and a few more where the others 

7 hours ago, Not greg b said:

So I talked to a rep at a show. There are only a few companies in the world that actually engineer and produce the molds for helmets. And it is very few. Gmax is one of them and fly is the upscale line. It is jogging my memory but who the others are but i think he said shoi, aria, and a few more where the others 

HJC is one of the bigger ones afik (Hong Jin Crown)

I thing fly is the house brand of WPS

Edited by krom

7 hours ago, Not greg b said:

That’s what I had always heard as well and that they’re basically a line filler between runs for other company’s and that’s why they’re cheap. I remember when they first really came around I bought one of their MX helmets for like $80 from Dennis Kirk. I’ve whacked my head pretty good in Gmax helmets and don’t think I’d be any smarter today if I had been wearing a ckx or 509 so I’ll stick with the cheapos for trail riding

On 12/19/2023 at 9:47 PM, krom said:

its red neck as fuck, but a boat launch works tits for this, put the skis on the edge of the water, the back of the sled on a stand with the track just off the bottom of the lake, and give-er.

It puts a good amount of load on the engine, and driveline, while giving it all the cooling you could ever need.

If you are feeling froggy, it also can be used as a dyno.  weight the primary to run the rpm you want, then make changes to the tune, pipe, or whatever else you are testing, and run it again, if the rpm goes up, you are making more hp

that is red neck as fuck... and I've seen enough funny shit as it is at a boat landing.  if you don't have reverse... dolly it into the water?  

:roflcrying:

• Gold Member

I ran a 509 Delta R3 for a few seasons. 

Not the worst helmet I ever had but it leaked like a sieve . Forehead was cold in anything below 20 degrees I needed two balaclavas . 

My Mission now I dont even wear one. 

Id run a HJC or Gmax before another 509 in a heartbeat. 

On 12/16/2023 at 10:58 PM, Palu49 said:

The fuckin heat cycle thing is about as annoying as the fuckin crybabies worried about a run in the paint on the underside of the hood. This is the one that got me a warning and less than an hour later some other nerd posted about the same thing on there in a non satirical way.

IMG_2811.png

$ 1.83   take care of the dinged paint???

Would this do the trick? 

https://sportsmith.com/ball-stop-for-cable-assemblies-1-1-2-rubber/product/p00ballstop0001/?gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI18uFv-SggwMVDjmtBh3YKQU4EAQYASABEgLxOPD_BwE

2 hours ago, EvilBird said:

Not the worst helmet I ever had but it leaked like a sieve . Forehead was cold in anything below 20 degrees I needed two balaclavas . 

Thats what mine was leaked so bad it’d fog with the shield plugged in. My Gmax doesn’t even have a heated shield and it’s never fogged once. Those Missions are insane you close the shield and can’t hear someone talking right next to you they’re so sealed up.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, EvilBird said:

My dad and several others in my group bought those POS Delta R3's.  My dad's fell apart his first ride and none of them had them the follow season.

I've stuck with Bell and Fly helmets for many years now.

17 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

My dad and several others in my group bought those POS Delta R3's.  My dad's fell apart his first ride and none of them had them the follow season.

I've stuck with Bell and Fly helmets for many years now.

I like the Fly motocross style helmets with Fly goggles.  Seal up pretty good but on the cold days.

This year I bought a Mission CKX carbon with heated shield.  Too many cold days the last couple years.  Rain and sleet really sucks without the heated shield too.

• 3 weeks later...