Check your account email address ×

Anyone else getting parts, looking at their new sled or prepping their machines yet?

6 hours ago, Palu49 said:

Today I put a gallon of gas in my sled and did a “heat cycle” around the yard. 

I also already got a warning and had a post deleted in the Catalyst owners group @Crnr2Crnr would be proud.

I think 1/2 of those guys are gonna bitch when their sled doesn’t run on the first ride because it is loaded up from doing 25 heat cycles. Then they will bitch even more because they have to remove a hood to get at the spark plugs and then are irritated when they find out a br9es plug from their greasy triple isn’t correct 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, awful knawful said:

I got a warning on dootalk because mxzman is a faggot!

So you tried to date a straight man by calling him that. How did that work out? Guessing you are still peddling the streets for a dick to suck. Gross, but totally you.

2 hours ago, Not greg b said:

I think 1/2 of those guys are gonna bitch when their sled doesn’t run on the first ride because it is loaded up from doing 25 heat cycles. Then they will bitch even more because they have to remove a hood to get at the spark plugs and then are irritated when they find out a br9es plug from their greasy triple isn’t correct 

The fuckin heat cycle thing is about as annoying as the fuckin crybabies worried about a run in the paint on the underside of the hood. This is the one that got me a warning and less than an hour later some other nerd posted about the same thing on there in a non satirical way.

IMG_2811.png

8 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

IMG_3089.jpeg

Already had a customer at the dealer I help out call with that one. Remember when the procross would pour oil out the front of the airbox if you did that in break in? I’m assuming the upright airbox on the catalyst has moisture drain holes and that’s where it’s dripping from.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

Already had a customer at the dealer I help out call with that one. Remember when the procross would pour oil out the front of the airbox if you did that in break in? I’m assuming the upright airbox on the catalyst has moisture drain holes and that’s where it’s dripping from.

Not with the electric oil pump. From what I can see.

4 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Not with the electric oil pump. From what I can see.

They did it during break in with the electronic oil pump too it’s getting a fuck ton of oil and not sucking it all through starting it up and letting it idle “heat cycling” it

24 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

Yep. I don’t think they realize between the dealer’s intaitial run up, them driving the sled into their garage and loading it up for the first trip is more than enough “heat cycles”

• Like 1

On 12/16/2023 at 10:58 PM, Palu49 said:

The fuckin heat cycle thing is about as annoying as the fuckin crybabies worried about a run in the paint on the underside of the hood. This is the one that got me a warning and less than an hour later some other nerd posted about the same thing on there in a non satirical way.

IMG_2811.png

That's the downside to the painted plastics.  They sure look good but anywhere that makes contact with another part is going to chip off like that.  My Polaris Sportsman is the same way around where the front rack closes and touches the plastic.  Cat should have a molded plastic insert that snaps in there and takes the pull rope handle abuse.

57 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

That's the downside to the painted plastics.  They sure look good but anywhere that makes contact with another part is going to chip off like that.  My Polaris Sportsman is the same way around where the front rack closes and touches the plastic.  Cat should have a molded plastic insert that snaps in there and takes the pull rope handle abuse.

I could literally care less. First it’s a snowmobile, second you can see it for a grand total of 5 seconds a day if you stop alot and are looking for it.

On 12/17/2023 at 7:04 PM, Palu49 said:

They did it during break in with the electronic oil pump too it’s getting a fuck ton of oil and not sucking it all through starting it up and letting it idle “heat cycling” it

They use more oil with the electronic pump during the early break in.  Nobody ever mixed break in tanks at that ratio.

We bring extra oil for the first rides with new sleds.  It's crazy how much they use.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Palu49 said:

Herf has spent too much time in the catalyst group on Facebook, look for his oil on the floor post next

IMG_2847.png

I am going to get one of those air powered oil cans and fill the cases right up with oil for the initial brake in 

10 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Heat cycle of my sled. Uncrated-garden hose-back of truck-wide open ripper-warranty claim according to experts. 

its red neck as fuck, but a boat launch works tits for this, put the skis on the edge of the water, the back of the sled on a stand with the track just off the bottom of the lake, and give-er.

It puts a good amount of load on the engine, and driveline, while giving it all the cooling you could ever need.

If you are feeling froggy, it also can be used as a dyno.  weight the primary to run the rpm you want, then make changes to the tune, pipe, or whatever else you are testing, and run it again, if the rpm goes up, you are making more hp

Edited by krom

12 minutes ago, krom said:

its red neck as fuck, but a boat launch works tits for this, put the skis on the edge of the water, the back of the sled on a stand with the track just off the bottom of the lake, and give-er.

It puts a good amount of load on the engine, and driveline, while giving it all the cooling you could ever need.

If you are feeling froggy, it also can be used as a dyno.  weight the primary to run the rpm you want, then make changes to the tune, pipe, or whatever else you are testing, and run it again, if the rpm goes up, you are making more hp

I can’t remember the name of it. I think it was called the plow me zr6000 link for the f series. It was tested that same way