Check your account email address ×

Anyone else getting parts, looking at their new sled or prepping their machines yet?

7 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Dip shit. I did not say you don't know how to ride if you need studs. I just prefer to not use them. Grow up you ass  hat. 50 is the legal speed limit in Minnesota, but when we can we will open it up a bit. I am more into just enjoying the trails, not racing on them. Leave that up for the Darwin award winners like yourself.

50mph and under in unsafe.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

50mph and under in unsafe.

I hate that un safe 50 speed. I always get chased by some asshole going way over 50 with flashing lights. They told me next time they will impound my sled if they have to chase me for 15 miles again. 

12 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I hate that un safe 50 speed. I always get chased by some asshole going way over 50 with flashing lights. They told me next time they will impound my sled if they have to chase me for 15 miles again. 

Sure. I get it. It's a utility machine. Not a pos Poo!

Just now, racinfarmer said:

I've ridden your area before.  

A lot.

I stand by my speed limit statement.

You say that. You are a funding idiot by that statement. The last three accidents that resulted in a death here, were not from riding to slow. Every one had high speed as part. You can stand, but facts win every time.

3 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

You say that. You are a funding idiot by that statement. The last three accidents that resulted in a death here, were not from riding to slow. Every one had high speed as part. You can stand, but facts win every time.

Name the counties you are considering "here", please.

4 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Mahnomen. Becker for starters.

3 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

I will add Norman as well.

Here is the last 10 years of DNR reports for the 3 counties.  Late nights and/or grain squeezings.

2023:

01/22/2023 –05:30 p.m – Becker County
34-year-old male was thrown from snowmobile in an unwitnessed accident. Damage to rear of
snowmobile.
Type of Terrain – Road Right of Way Type of Fatality – Fell from machine
Snowmobile Certificate – No
Alcohol involved – Yes

2022:

2/07/22 – 12:55 a.m. – Mahnomen County

63-year-old male operating snowmobile turned around due to missing driveway. Snowmobile skidded while turning hitting snowbank and rolled on top of operator. Operator was pronounced dead at the scene.
Type of Terrain – Road Right of Way Type of Fatality – Machine Rollover
Snowmobile Certificate – Yes
Alcohol involved – Unknown

2021: None

2020:

01/25/2020 – 10:31 a.m. – Becker County A 50-year-old male died from injuries he received when attempting a curve in the roadway, rolling the snowmobile and being thrown from the machine.
Type of Terrain – Roadway
Type of Fatality – Machine rollover
Alcohol involved – Yes

2019: None

2018: None

2017: None

2016:

2/11/2016 – 1:13 a.m. – Becker County A 57-year-old male died from injuries he received after the snowmobile he was operating rolled and he was thrown from the machine. 
Type of Terrain – Lake or Stream
Type of Fatality – Machine Rollover
Alcohol involved - No

2015: None

2014:

1/22/2014 – 6:25 p.m. – Becker County A 30-year-old male died from injuries he sustained after the snowmobile he was operating hit a guy-wire and he was thrown from the machine.
Type of Terrain – Road Right of Way
Type of Fatality – Struck a Fixed Object
Alcohol involved – .246

2013: None

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

Here is the last 10 years of DNR reports for the 3 counties.  Late nights and/or grain squeezings.

2023:

01/22/2023 –05:30 p.m – Becker County
34-year-old male was thrown from snowmobile in an unwitnessed accident. Damage to rear of
snowmobile.
Type of Terrain – Road Right of Way Type of Fatality – Fell from machine
Alcohol involved – Yes

2022:

2/07/22 – 12:55 a.m. – Mahnomen County

63-year-old male operating snowmobile turned around due to missing driveway. Snowmobile skidded while turning hitting snowbank and rolled on top of operator. Operator was pronounced dead at the scene.
Type of Terrain – Road Right of Way Type of Fatality – Machine Rollover
Snowmobile Certificate – Yes
Alcohol involved – Unknown

2021: None

2020:

01/25/2020 – 10:31 a.m. – Becker County A 50-year-old male died from injuries he received when attempting a curve in the roadway, rolling the snowmobile and being thrown from the machine.
Type of Terrain – Roadway
Type of Fatality – Machine rollover
Alcohol involved – Yes

2019: None

2018: None

2017: None

2016:

2/11/2016 – 1:13 a.m. – Becker County A 57-year-old male died from injuries he received after the snowmobile he was operating rolled and he was thrown from the machine. 
Type of Terrain – Lake or Stream
Type of Fatality – Machine Rollover
Alcohol involved - No

2015: None

2014:

1/22/2014 – 6:25 p.m. – Becker County A 30-year-old male died from injuries he sustained after the snowmobile he was operating hit a guy-wire and he was thrown from the machine.
Type of Terrain – Road Right of Way
Type of Fatality – Struck a Fixed Object
Alcohol involved – .246

2013: None

What is your point. A guy last summer was killed in an ATV. Speed was the reason. Never seen one person killed riding conditions. We have lots of older than me riding in our group. Only ones hurt have been the young and dumb.

9 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Dip shit. I did not say you don't know how to ride if you need studs. I just prefer to not use them. Grow up you ass  hat. 50 is the legal speed limit in Minnesota.

Your post say you would be unsafe at half the legal speed limit.

2 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

20231106_165307.jpg

Gym recognizes that gravel.  

Gym got a new belt from the best dealer in Minnesota.  Gym ported his track over the summer.  Gym would never put screws in his track.  Gym loves spinning his track and blowing snow out of every corner on the trail when Gym isn't ripping that sweet Pow outside the orange markers ripping wheelies.  Gym wonders why so many people here on not HCS are constantly fixing old junk.  Gym tries not to be judgmental.  Gym should go now.   

• Haha 1

On 10/14/2023 at 7:27 AM, Crnr2Crnr said:

thank you ebay... 

new 0627-076 Belt $100 from Livingstons (score) 

delrin front shock bushings for the 500 as the originals were cracked and broken, shocks sent off to Carver for service 

still shopping... 

Lol, finally opened the box... there was a thank you post it note stuck to this old gem 

IMG_20231107_053938530.jpg

11 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

What is your point. A guy last summer was killed in an ATV. Speed was the reason. Never seen one person killed riding conditions. We have lots of older than me riding in our group. Only ones hurt have been the young and dumb.

We all know you are a moron, but speed doesn't ever cause an accident.  The vast majority are caused by rider error, a few are machine issues, or mother nature (being hit by a falling tree etc)

There is no magical speed below which you are safe, and above which you are going to die, just ask sonny bono, and mike kennedy

Edited by krom