Check your account email address ×

What's for dinner???

Pulled a pork shoulder out yesterday. Going to slow roast it with some house sauce (pretty much, a touch of balsamic vinegar, rosemary, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper, maybe a few shakes of red pepper flakes if I'm feeling frisky!), not too slow. Hoping for it so come out more like a pull apart picnic roast. (Not too tender, still have some chew to it.) Brussel sprouts and carrots, butter, onions, spices, sauted in some white and broiled at the end while the roast is resting!

:bong: :yum:

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Pulled a pork shoulder out yesterday. Going to slow roast it with some house sauce (pretty much, a touch of balsamic vinegar, rosemary, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper, maybe a few shakes of red pepper flakes if I'm feeling frisky!), not too slow. Hoping for it so come out more like a pull apart picnic roast. (Not too tender, still have some chew to it.) Brussel sprouts and carrots, butter, onions, spices, sauted in some white and broiled at the end while the roast is resting!

:bong: :yum:

I've got a pork butt in the fridge that I have to do something with. I think my Kettle is frozen to the ground right next to the deck from the recent rain :(  

4 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Crock pot? :ashamed:

:wacko:xD

:lol:

Don't have one :nea:   I'll take a look at the kettle. If it's not to bad I'll try a little hot water. If it's fucked, I'll either do it in a dutch oven like a pot roast, or throw it in the oven and do pulled pork.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

:lol:

Don't have one :nea:   I'll take a look at the kettle. If it's not to bad I'll try a little hot water. If it's fucked, I'll either do it in a dutch oven like a pot roast, or throw it in the oven and do pulled pork.

Do you have a little propane torch? You can hold the flame back and not burn anything. Mine has been working overtime this week.

• Like 1

Just now, steve from amherst said:

WTF , and why not young man?

Not really sure. Just never had one. Even growing up I can't recall my mother ever using a crock-pot :dunno:   There may be one out in the garage that we got as a gift. I've looked a bit, but haven't run across it yet.

3 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Do you have a little propane torch? You can hold the flame back and not burn anything. Mine has been working overtime this week.

I've got a small torch to sweat pipes if that's what you mean?