Check your account email address ×

** Official DOW 30,000 and TNW Challenge Thread **

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Polaris 550 said:

If anybody sees in the paper that a rather portly, 74 year-old fellow, took a header off his 2 1/2 story chicken coop, one guess who it was. 

PA271514.JPG

Eeek!!!

7 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

If anybody sees in the paper that a rather portly, 74 year-old fellow, took a header off his 2 1/2 story chicken coop, one guess who it was. 

PA271514.JPG

How'd you lose $176k in a bull market?

To all my enemy faggots, who were so glad I lost a ton in the market yesterday, guess what.................

I'm back in the money, back in the money today!!!!  :happy:

Not me on my own, but my wife combined and I are at about $870k net worth.  Housing market helps that since our house is worth about $240k more than we owe. I'm 38 and my wife is 36, so it's a good start.  

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Doorider said:

Not me on my own, but my wife combined and I are at about $870k net worth.  Housing market helps that since our house is worth about $240k more than we owe. I'm 38 and my wife is 36, so it's a good start.  

You're doin' good. You should be in real good shape by retirement age.  :goodpost:

4 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

To all my enemy faggots, who were so glad I lost a ton in the market yesterday, guess what.................

I'm back in the money, back in the money today!!!!  :happy:

Nobody gave even part of a shit about what happened to you yesterday.  You are an idiot and fun to make fun of.   

2 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Nobody gave even part of a shit about what happened to you yesterday.  You are an idiot and fun to make fun of.   

Yes, you cared because I "OWN " you badly!! OWNED TO THE MAXIMUM MAX!!!  

5 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Are there any feral hogs in Minnesota?????  

9 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

Anybody here with a TNW, over $1,00,000.00? ( one million )

Go ahead, Red, Ac, Team Green, be loud and proud!!!  :salute:  :thumb:  :usflag:

The fact that you can't illustrate 1,000,000.00 properly makes me think you are not accustomed to numbers like that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, JEFF said:

The fact that you can't illustrate 1,000,000.00 properly makes me think you are not accustomed to numbers like that. 

STFU, that was a typo. Hey, you wanna take ZNOTTY'S TNW CHALLENGE???  

14 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

Go ahead, Red, Ac, Team Green, be loud and proud!!!  :salute:  :thumb:  :usflag:

Important to keep in mind the age group.  I'm in the less than 35 category.  

Average net worth by age

Net worth totals vary by education, age, income and other factors. We’ll focus on the median and average net worth figures for different age groups:

Age of head of family

Median net worth

Average net worth

Less than 35

$13,900

$76,300

35-44

$91,300

$436,200

45-54

$168,600

$833,200

55-64

$212,500

$1,175,900

65-74

$266,400

$1,217,700

75+

$254,800

$977,600

1 hour ago, Polaris 550 said:

STFU, that was a typo. Hey, you wanna take ZNOTTY'S TNW CHALLENGE???  

Forget the zero, you are counting millions yet decide to include pennies on the end.  That being said we know you don't have jack shit as you couldn't even show you had the $10k to back up your bet.  

41 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Important to keep in mind the age group.  I'm in the less than 35 category.  

Average net worth by age

Net worth totals vary by education, age, income and other factors. We’ll focus on the median and average net worth figures for different age groups:

Age of head of family

Median net worth

Average net worth

Less than 35

$13,900

$76,300

35-44

$91,300

$436,200

45-54

$168,600

$833,200

55-64

$212,500

$1,175,900

65-74

$266,400

$1,217,700

75+

$254,800

$977,600

those numbers are really disgustingly low when you look at median.   Half with less than 266k at retirement age,  fine with a good pension but those without are going to have a shitty time.  

15 hours ago, Doorider said:

Having another earner in the house is nice.  I had to do mine on my own.  my wife hasn't worked a real job in 22 years now.  

15 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

I'll just say the first milli was easy and so wasn't the latest :news:  

56 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

those numbers are really disgustingly low when you look at median.   Half with less than 266k at retirement age,  fine with a good pension but those without are going to have a shitty time.  

Definitely a big gap between the median and mean.   Lots of people have nothing and on the ultra wealthy pull up the mean.  Just think if people could take the payroll tax (or a fraction of it) and invest it in stocks how much higher the net worth would be for the lower net worth folks.

10 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Definitely a big gap between the median and mean.   Lots of people have nothing and on the ultra wealthy pull up the mean.  Just think if people could take the payroll tax (or a fraction of it) and invest it in stocks how much higher the net worth would be for the lower net worth folks.

as long as they cannot access until the SS current rules for age then you are correct. 

People don't even sign up for their 401k's at many places and pass on free money.  When that company went belly up i rolled it into a IRA where many would have just robbed it in 08 when the market was falling down around them.  

I've been at my current joint for 8 years next week and already saved more than the median,  it's a tool available to most that is underutilized.  

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

as long as they cannot access until the SS current rules for age then you are correct. 

People don't even sign up for their 401k's at many places and pass on free money.  When that company went belly up i rolled it into a IRA where many would have just robbed it in 08 when the market was falling down around them.  

I've been at my current joint for 8 years next week and already saved more than the median,  it's a tool available to most that is underutilized.  

I'm fine with that.  :bc: