Check your account email address ×

** Official DOW 30,000 and TNW Challenge Thread **

2 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Market was down right away this morning on bad news out of China.  Has come back to about even to up a little now.

@Polaris 550 who do you think are your top three competitors for your TNW CHALLENGE?

The whole site , he doesn't have nothing 

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Doubtful.   When uncle snotty comes into the fidelity office they send one of the secretaries over to blow him and then he meets with the VP.  

You left out the "in his dreams"

Edited by Deephaven
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Market was down right away this morning on bad news out of China.  Has come back to about even to up a little now.

@Polaris 550 who do you think are your top three competitors for your TNW CHALLENGE?

You

Red

AC 

4 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

It’s possible fidelity does have a lot of male secretaries

Red is not gay, and neither am I. 

Only a faggot-in-disguise would think of a male secretary. 

God, have mercy on your gay soul.

19 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

You

Red

AC 

I haven't had as much time for compound growth as most of you guys have.  I still have to do my own roof repairs too.  This afternoon I'll be up on the 40 ft roof replacing a torn shingle.  In one particular spot the wind picks them up and tears them.  Have about a 6 or 8 shingles I've replaced over the years.  20 year old roof so it is due for replacement, just trying to limp it along until next summer.

The DOW is at 35,428 today, just a couple hundred points from the all time high.

2 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

I haven't had as much time for compound growth as most of you guys have.  I still have to do my own roof repairs too.  This afternoon I'll be up on the 40 ft roof replacing a torn shingle.  In one particular spot the wind picks them up and tears them.  Have about a 6 or 8 shingles I've replaced over the years.  20 year old roof so it is due for replacement, just trying to limp it along until next summer.

The DOW is at 35,428 today, just a couple hundred points from the all time high.

another day another record TNW

5 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

40 feet!!! No way!! 

Yup, just get ready for winter, and do it in the spring. 

I'm almost back to my ATH. 

I'm gonna liquidate some soon, though. 

On 10/18/2021 at 5:23 PM, Polaris 550 said:

You

Red

AC 

6 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Diversification is key.  I have moved over half my investments to private equity with long term solid returns.  Make it work for you and it will accumulate in retirement as well.  It's not really hard but one needs to be disciplined and not greedy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Polaris 550 said:

40 feet!!! No way!! 

It's the one job I get scared of doing around my place.  Between the steep pitch and all the loose rocks on the old shingles it gets sketchy. 

The peak is probably around 40 feet.  Off the back of the house it would be 30 feet down to concrete!

30 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Diversification is key.  I have moved over half my investments to private equity with long term solid returns.  Make it work for you and it will accumulate in retirement as well.  It's not really hard but one needs to be disciplined and not greedy.

How did you get hooked up with the private equity?  There are fewer and fewer companies going public now with the loan interest funds available privately and the costs and complexity of the public reporting. 

Probably good returns to be had there on riskier investments but Bernie Madoff ruined that for me.

40 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

It's the one job I get scared of doing around my place.  Between the steep pitch and all the loose rocks on the old shingles it gets sketchy. 

The peak is probably around 40 feet.  Off the back of the house it would be 30 feet down to concrete!

How did you get hooked up with the private equity?  There are fewer and fewer companies going public now with the loan interest funds available privately and the costs and complexity of the public reporting. 

Probably good returns to be had there on riskier investments but Bernie Madoff ruined that for me.

You really need to do your homework with private,  that's for sure.  I came across a couple of great companies and started shifting out of volatile equities.  Over three years now since I got my first grab and they have never skipped a beat.  15 year track record.

1 hour ago, teamgreen02 said:

Don't do it!! Even if they gouge you, pay someone. The fact that you are skeptical at that height, means you will be tense and nervous, which could be dangerous. I used to go up on my barn, won't do it again...2 1/2 stories....NO WAY!!!

I know of a roofer that fell 8 feet, and died. 

A buddy of mine fell about 10 feet, wrecked his back.......still fucked up. 

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

This is it. The key to success in the stock market. Easier said, than done.  

6 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Don't do it!! Even if they gouge you, pay someone. The fact that you are skeptical at that height, means you will be tense and nervous, which could be dangerous. I used to go up on my barn, won't do it again...2 1/2 stories....NO WAY!!!

I know of a roofer that fell 8 feet, and died. 

A buddy of mine fell about 10 feet, wrecked his back.......still fucked up. 

Since I have done it a few times now I'm more confident.  Transitioning from the ladder to the roof is probably the most dangerous part.  I watched a few YouTube videos for tricks on how to do it safely which has helped.

17 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Since I have done it a few times now I'm more confident.  Transitioning from the ladder to the roof is probably the most dangerous part.  I watched a few YouTube videos for tricks on how to do it safely which has helped.

I have an invention for a ladder stabilizing device. 

Many people get hurt every year falling off ladders. 

I'm just too old, lazy, and have enough money, so I don't proceed with it. 

19 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

I have an invention for a ladder stabilizing device. 

Many people get hurt every year falling off ladders. 

I'm just too old, lazy, and have enough money, so I don't proceed with it. 

Sure.  You've told us about your ass dildo ladder mount idea before.  Thing is you are the only one that likes to have shit in your ass while you do stuff....well at least that we know.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

Sure.  You've told us about your ass dildo ladder mount idea before.  Thing is you are the only one that likes to have shit in your ass while you do stuff....well at least that we know.

There you go again, with gay-oriented thoughts. You not only are afraid of me financially, but you're always thinking of gay shit. FAGGOT!!

2 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Market up again today.  Wish I would have mined those 50 bit coins when it first came out.  I'd be retired by now.

Made enough this week I can probably hire a proper roofer.

YUp. I've got one roof area  I don't want to do. I'll do the garage, no problem, but I don't want to do the edge on the house. 

Good call!!!   :bc:  

5 hours ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

5 as in 5 dollars or less ? :D 

I just left the units off to spark debate.  Not sure why snotty won't give us a ballpark on his TNW?  Need someone to take his TNW CHALLENGE and report back the results.