Check your account email address ×

Would/will you vaccinate your children against COVID?

Would/will you vaccinate your children against COVID?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Would/will you vaccinate your children against COVID?

• Highmark changed the title to Would/will you vaccinate your children against COVID?

Fuck no.  14 of us adults that were boating together all got it, 14 out of 14. Total we have 14 kids that were with us, ages 6-10, not a single one had any symptoms. 

My wife works in the pediatric ICU at the biggest children's hospital in this state and has zero covid kids and hasn't this whole time with the exception of 3 fat, diabetic teenagers.  

Schools and daycare around here have been open with no issues of kids speading it.  

The kids are fine

Edited by Doorider
  • Like 1

I answered NOPE.  But let's be honest, it's not even going to be a choice before too long ... it will become another vaccination that kids will need to attend school just like Chicken Pox, Measles, Diptheria (sp?), etc.  It'll be an annual shot, required more often than optional.

• Platinum Contributing Member
30 minutes ago, Tinker said:

Daughter is a nurse, son is full Type 1 Diabetic

Not talking adult children that's their choice not yours. 

Kids are both adults but if there was a choice would not have them get vaccinated.  Agree with Bontz that it will likely become a requirement to attend public schools so parents really won't have a choice.

The main issue I have with the vaccine is they have no idea if it will provide any level of useful immunity beyond 90 days.  If that turns out to be the case I cannot imagine how that is going to be useful for the majority of the population.  Boosters every three to six months - just fucking dumb.

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Moderna just announced testing on children.

I enjoyed snorkeling off the Yucatan.

2 hours ago, Bontz said:

I answered NOPE.  But let's be honest, it's not even going to be a choice before too long ... it will become another vaccination that kids will need to attend school just like Chicken Pox, Measles, Diptheria (sp?), etc.  It'll be an annual shot, required more often than optional.

I don't see it making the thresholds but, anything is possible now I guess.

42 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I enjoyed snorkeling off the Yucatan.

I don't see it making the thresholds but, anything is possible now I guess.

Your easy.

i would be more concerned with what the long term effect Covid has on kids that get it.

i would not give it to younger kids.   not sure what my libertarian son will do my daughter is a sheep and will just get it.  Wife and i have conditions where the doc recommends it but TBH if i did not like to travel i prob would not 

3 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Your easy.

i would be more concerned with what the long term effect Covid has on kids that get it.

About the only long term effect is immunity 

49 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Vaccinating kids against a disease that only affects old people

really weird times we live in

Around 99% of the deaths from it here are in personal care homes where the average life expectancy is 2.5 years 

the entire thing is absolutely retarded