Check your account email address ×

Real Estate Prices

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

If I was retiring I might look at the east coast but I doubt the wife would once we have a grandkid running around. If I retire and move it will likely be within 2 hours of where I am now.

We are looking at lots down here and put an offer of $50K on one. The guy calls and says can you come up to $53500 and we said $51750. He says he has to talk to his wife then we don't hear from him for 2 weeks. We had a friend call him and he doesn't know we know her and says I hear your selling the lot. She had him on speaker so we could hear and tells her we tried lowballing him. The fkr was asking $50K and then started to play games. We still have a few more to look at in the next couple of weeks

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, smokin george said:

We are looking at lots down here and put an offer of $50K on one. The guy calls and says can you come up to $53500 and we said $51750. He says he has to talk to his wife then we don't hear from him for 2 weeks. We had a friend call him and he doesn't know we know her and says I hear your selling the lot. She had him on speaker so we could hear and tells her we tried lowballing him. The fkr was asking $50K and then started to play games. We still have a few more to look at in the next couple of weeks

George, If you guys really like that lot, whats another 1750. Is it on the water, and a paved road ? Any time i have to drive on a gravel road, I time travel back 50 years, and could never live on one.

3 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

George, If you guys really like that lot, whats another 1750. Is it on the water, and a paved road ? Any time i have to drive on a gravel road, I time travel back 50 years, and could never live on one.

The guy did the same to a guy last year. I don't think he wants to sell. It's on a dirt road with lake access as are the other lots. It would've been ideal for our motorhome and right next door to the grandkids. It has hydro, a septic and well on the property with a 60x12 or 14ft wide trailer. The other lots are in the same area that we're going to look at. It wasn't the $3500 it was the way he did it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Not sure but, I think it's time to say goodbye to my beloved state.  It's a mess and taxes are sure to keep rising to cover the poor decisions.  Our daughter is still in school there so, we'll bounce back up towards Duluth this summer but hope to be building somewhere in WI by fall.

It'd sure be nice for me to see a good downturn mud summer though the end of the year.  I'll gonna be ready to scoop some stuff up for sure.

You had better hope lumber prices come down by then.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

You had better hope lumber prices come down by then.

I know a guy just up the road with a saw mill!  He cant clutch a sled for shit but, I bet he can cut true dimensional lumber for me....if he doesn’t “kill himself” first.  :lol:

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I know a guy just up the road with a saw mill!  He cant clutch a sled for shit but, I bet he can cut true dimensional lumber for me....if he doesn’t “kill himself” first.  :lol:

I guess you haven't learned about Benny yet..... if he hasn't already modified it, he will soon. Soon after that :bomb:

:lol:

9 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Theres a house three doors down that went up fir sale on Tuesday. Gone by Friday. 

thats the norm,  had a client the other day say something about hoping their house can sell in less than a month.  told them even at 800k it will go over ask and inside a week where it's located

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Theres a house three doors down that went up fir sale on Tuesday. Gone by Friday. 

Anything under $900k is like that here.

The norm now is to post the sign on the yard with a "coming soon" on it. The listing goes up 2 weeks later, then the bidding war, then its sold inside of a week for some amount greater than the list price. There was a house listed near my buddy's that a month ago. Listed at $800k, sold for $1.3mil 3 days later.

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

The norm now is to post the sign on the yard with a "coming soon" on it. The listing goes up 2 weeks later, then the bidding war, then its sold inside of a week for some amount greater than the list price. There was a house listed near my buddy's that a month ago. Listed at $800k, sold for $1.3mil 3 days later.

that was the previous years trick to try to get both sides of a deal but the realtor association down here made some rule changes to limit it 

18 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

10 years of somewhat tight credit in comparison to the 00's should limit the damage some.  Assuming the rebound is fairly quick post covid with pent up demand for normalcy.  First half of the 10's was tighter credit than even the early 90s when i got into lending.  

Yep, inventory wasnt there for undesireables to buy. 

11 hours ago, Blackstar said:

There are bidding wars happening in cottage country now as more of the norm than exception.  The agents will list it lower than they think it will sell and then wait for the offer deadline to hit.  

Just checked near me to see what the market is asking.  Fuck me.  I wish I could sell and move up north.

I think there will be a correction if not a full out crash, but what do I know, I thought that was gonna happen over 10 years ago and it didn't.

image.thumb.png.c24b94b5093979b84fd693ec0e114ab7.png

12 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

There are bidding wars happening in cottage country now as more of the norm than exception.  The agents will list it lower than they think it will sell and then wait for the offer deadline to hit.  

Just checked near me to see what the market is asking.  Fuck me.  I wish I could sell and move up north.

I think there will be a correction if not a full out crash, but what do I know, I thought that was gonna happen over 10 years ago and it didn't.

image.thumb.png.c24b94b5093979b84fd693ec0e114ab7.png

What's stopping you?

Just took a look up north a few places down from me.

Place sold 2 times in the past 8 years with the last time being about 3 years ago.  Both times it sold for about 800K.

Now its listed for 1.8 million.

Yes, MC learn us all..  Deregulation, subprime mortgages, banks acting like hedge funds, derivatives, many factors that let to the last financial melt down.  If you have applied for any type of real estate loan in the last few years you know that shit got tightened up drastically.  Even if you have the cash on hand to outright pay for the property but would prefer to borrow it instead at record low interest rates the process is a lot tougher as the majority of banks are now no longer simply loaning money to anyone with a pulse.

What's interesting about the skyrocketing prices is how these properties are getting appraised for such high values.  If there is any scam going on currently it's the appraisers signing off on values that are just fucking ridiculous compared to sales that were just 6 or 12 months ago. 

Edited by jdsky

Here in my part of AZ they don't even bother up a for sale sign anymore. Houses sell the same day they're listed for crazy values.

Neighbor's house sold like that. They had 7 offers between 8 am and 2 pm on the day it went up. Winning bid was well over asking price, 75k earnest money, all cash, and buyer paid all closing costs. CA migrants. 

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Just took a look up north a few places down from me.

Place sold 2 times in the past 8 years with the last time being about 3 years ago.  Both times it sold for about 800K.

Now its listed for 1.8 million.

There is a house with a commercial building a mile up the road from me that sold 8 years ago for $800k. It listed last week for $1.8mil.

We looked at a couple lots yesterday and had a pick of the two. They both need clearing and the one we picked had a bigger portion that was level and more appealing. It overlooks the lake and has a deeded access. It's a private deal and just have to contact the lawyer to put everything in writing and cut the guy a cheque. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, smokin george said:

We looked at a couple lots yesterday and had a pick of the two. They both need clearing and the one we picked had a bigger portion that was level and more appealing. It overlooks the lake and has a deeded access. It's a private deal and just have to contact the lawyer to put everything in writing and cut the guy a cheque. 

Good stuff, George!

Congrats. :bc:

Haven't looked in a few months, but if you want to buy a house in south Minneapolis, prices were down 25%, and not moving.  Maybe things have changed since the fall.

Funny how a riot can do that to a huge sector of a big city....